The one and only optimistic Muse discussion thread (hopefully)

Claudia O

A long time ago I mentioned finding this old footage of Micro Cuts from a tiny US venue on Vimeo or something and then losing it. Maybe no one remembers me mentioning it, well now you know.

Anyways, it seems someone mirrored it last year. Bless them. It's excellent. Micro Cuts + Slowed Ending + Psycho riff. And such an intimate setting.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/17/2019 at 5:56 PM, Gemsy said:

Full-blown fangirl mode at the moment. Damn. Hilariously, everyone everywhere else is hatin', talking of selling tickets... Meanwhile I'm hoovering them up 🤣

This is an old post but man this is me so much....for a while now it seems 😂  I have a lot of friends that were Muse superfans back when I became a superfan....but then Drones tour - not so much.  ST tour -- maybe a little better, but still not so much.  Meanwhile I just keep trucking along and going to even more gigs.

I mean the goal is always ~try to get as many rarities as possible~ but even when the gigs are all the same, they're still fun and I love going for a lot of reasons.  Just can't stop 😮

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mentioned it a couple of times this year but this weekend has officially been the 10 year mark for me as a fan :party: Feels strange, like it’s not a huge number but feels aaages ‘cos of how much has happened.
I won’t write some big soppy post but I’m just really thankful I found this band during their pomp and the fanbase has been a joy to be part of. Finding them at 13 means they shaped a huge part of me growing up until now, genuinely can’t imagine how different I’d be otherwise. It’s given me most of my favourite memories - my first gig, favourite album in full, SBE, the Psycho Tour, semi meeting the band, album build-ups/leaks, the O2 Assassin saga, camping outside venues and meeting all the different fans with their own stories, setlists/picks/drumsticks - that I think about fondly almost daily :happy: So hopefully they keep going for a good while yet ‘cos if they can squeeze all that into 10 years, I’m only excited for the next 10.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2020 at 6:27 AM, Claudia O said:

Looks like there will be a longer break from liveshows for Muse! I read some weeks (or month) ago that Matts guitar tech is looking for a job, now Morgan does too. I am still optimistic and think it will be good for them to rest. 

At least I can't miss their American leg because I'm in Europe, then their European leg because I'm in America if they aren't touring at all.

How is it I've been a Muser since 2012, I've gone to concerts since 2015, and I still haven't managed to catch my third favorite band, Muse?! :(

Oh this is the optimistic thread...I'm optimistic they will tour again (eventually) and I will try again to find a time to see them. :)

How long are you staying in Europe? You never know with them! Maybe they‘ll be on the road again in spring .. or summer .. or earlier? Or next year .. :logic:

But I know the feeling of missing out on gigs .. happened to me with another fave singer of mine: fan since childhood, too young to go to a concert when he came to Austria. Then he never toured in Europe, until about 2006 and yes, visited Austria! So I had to wait to finally see him live for about 18 years 🤪 But you‘ll see Muse earlier 😎

Edited by Claudia O

Could be wrong but I don’t think it’s uncommon at all for the crew to work other jobs between tours. Pretty sure Morgan does anyway as well.

Doubt the break’ll be much longer than others, if at all. We already have Global Citizen this year and know they were thinking about the next album last year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Claudia O said:

I completely forgot about the Global Citizen gig! Yay! When is it, spring or summer? 😁

Hard for me to say. They have different festivals in different places so it’s all kinda spread but they’re usually in September tmk. Think I remember reading that Muse’ll be in Europe as well which at least narrows down the continent lmao. I’ve stocked up on points for tickets :awesome:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...