The one and only optimistic Muse discussion thread (hopefully)

Claudia O

It's only 1 MONTH

until

Simulation theory !!

Getting really excted! Another single before that, which one? Propaganda or Algorythm?

To be honest I hope they don't release another song before the album comes out. I've heard enough to get an idea of where they're going, and I would like most songs to actually be new when I first play the album.

Right, I also don't need another single before the album, there are already too many now! Yes, I love to know maybe 2-3 songs before I can listen to an album, not more. But Muse decided to do it like this this time, so I think there'll be another one soon. Dark side and Pressure came out too soon, too close to each other.

But as many are discussing those 20 seconds of Propaganda... :stunned:

Been going my way through the entire discography starting with all the albums, forgotten how much I love some of the songs. Feeling much more optimistic for Simulation Theory. Even starting to go back on my opinion on Dig Down (still a god damn bad song though).

I've been thinking a lot recently about the band and where my 'fandom' is at the moment. I definitely hit a bit of fatigue in mid 2016, had a big burn out with Drones (though I still like most of it), had some issues with the arena setlists and it was tough to see Matt begin his vocal decline. It wasn't a bad performance overall but I was really let down with their third Glastonbury performance and didn't listen to them at all for a good year or so. It was SBE which completely rejuvenated my love for them and after 20 gigs is probably the best I've seen them play since the very first time in ’07. I was listening to them last night and stopped to reflect: I still bloody love the band. I don't think I'll ever reach that point from 2007-2013 where I lived and breathed everything they did but you know what? That's okay.

I didn’t try and wasn’t too fussed about tickets for the RAH gig, whereas a few years back I would have been gutted for being able to attend. I'm made up for all those going and can't wait to see some footage. Looking back...I've been immensely lucky to see so many great gigs ( and can still pick out so many brilliant moments from each one, with meeting and chatting to the band after SBE being the peak. I'm never going to top that night but once again, I'm okay with it. I'm also very much looking forward to ST and the upcoming stadium tour. I dunno, I've been trying to keep a more positive outlook on things in general recently and I'm no longer concerned if a song isn't up there with my favourites or what they choose to play live.

Again, I'm lucky to have seen a lot of their catalogue live and for any future gigs...I'm happy as long as the band seem to be having fun. I really thought the band looked tired on most of the Drones arena dates and the 'spark' was absent, apart from the few rarities that popped up (thank you once again Jobby for Assassin at the O2 :)) and they looked more into it. I don't recall checking Youtube for memorable performances of songs at all, something I used to spend hours doing back in the day. That being said, I'm hopeful they're gonna come back on great form like they were through the T2L era. Fingers crossed.

This has been oddly therapeutic :LOL:

You’re not the first person to say this and it still weirds me out that people thanked me for something that was almost entirely selfish :LOL: the positive vibes are nice though

Haha, hey you're welcome, it definitely wouldn't have been played if it hadn't been for your efforts. Hearing AP for the first time was special but Assassin took the night to another level.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.

- possibly 2 MTV-awards for Muse tonight

- possible next single before/ same day as album release - Get up and fight (?)

- only 5 days until ST

Edit:

- tourdates on Monday :eek::D

Getting really excited!!! :D

Edited by Claudia O.

Just you wait until the tour starts

They seem to have had some insights and reflection about what was wrong with the previous tour(s?) so who knows, maybe they'll get back on track a bit to the point where boardies can handle it. Although, most of the insights were about how they themselves were enjoying it, not so much the fans, but let's see if that can go hand in hand.

• 1 month later...

Hey! The tour is only about 2 month away! This is not so far away now!

Really looking forward to it! I'll be going to the gig in Graz in May, it's only my second gig by Muse :stunned: but I hope it will be a great one :D

In the meantime, we get some interviews, live performances, the LA gig in January... Ahhh!

• 1 month later...