The one and only optimistic Muse discussion thread (hopefully)

Claudia O

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting comment from Matt about the Radiohead comparison.

What, that "we're only 3, they're 5. Also they're older"? Was that the best he could come up with? :LOL:

But yeah Matt is influenced by Jeff Buckley, but Muse used to talk openly about being big Radiohead fans before the media picked up on it and started calling them ripoffs. Then they (the band) suddenly stopped mentioning them altogether.

I do still love that video though.

What, that "we're only 3, they're 5. Also they're older"? Was that the best he could come up with? :LOL:

But yeah Matt is influenced by Jeff Buckley, but Muse used to talk openly about being big Radiohead fans before the media picked up on it and started calling them ripoffs. Then they (the band) suddenly stopped mentioning them altogether.

I do still love that video though.

Interesting to me, Mr. Smartypants :p :p :D

The Radiohead blah blah is well known but I hadn't seen that video before.

What I like is that they were such babies then, Matt thought of Radiohead as 'older', like 30, and that Muse was therefore appealing to a younger market. Yeah, what he said might falter from a more jaded perspective, esp as his comments are defensive, but tbf, '30' seems old when you're what, say, 21. And it had a delightful touch of miaow miaow cattiness about it.

• 4 weeks later...

What connection does she have to the band? Don't think I've heard her name before.

Also I was gonna post in here last night but I wasn't sure if it was the right place - anyway - I managed to find a video from the 14th O2 gig where I can see Dom recognise me and my sign, smile and shake my hand and I had a 'moment' of embarrassing proportions :facemelt:

Turns out it was on the big screen at the gig. Tried to find a video where you can see Matt do the same but only found one and you can baaarely see it. Still enough for me though :chuckle:

What connection does she have to the band? Don't think I've heard her name before.

Also I was gonna post in here last night but I wasn't sure if it was the right place - anyway - I managed to find a video from the 14th O2 gig where I can see Dom recognise me and my sign, smile and shake my hand and I had a 'moment' of embarrassing proportions :facemelt:

Turns out it was on the big screen at the gig. Tried to find a video where you can see Matt do the same but only found one and you can baaarely see it. Still enough for me though :chuckle:

Go ahead, I'd love to see it :happy:

Yes, she is close friends with the band, hanging around backstage, watching gigs from the stage...she first met them in the early years.

• 3 weeks later...
Take a look at the last sentence there, speculation from the press?True?:eek:

http://www.hotpress.com/news/Magnets-and-Muse-Attract/19099139.html

Hard to say, we've seen places like NME get their news from speculation on this board before, so it could easily just be that :chuckle: Either way though, maybe I'm just being overly-wishful but we pretty much know it's true, whether they actually have a source or not.

Hard to say, we've seen places like NME get their news from speculation on this board before, so it could easily just be that :chuckle: Either way though, maybe I'm just being overly-wishful but we pretty much know it's true, whether they actually have a source or not.

Yeah, I recall this :eyebrows::chuckle:

I guess something will happen before x-mas, and next year :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Muse are jamming or recording or whatever in a studio! How long will it take until we get to hear something new? March/anytime in spring/ or shortly before Reading/Leeds? :happy:

I really hope it's just a single. 1-3 new songs or 1-2 new songs + a remix or live recording and that's it. Would be very happy with that instead of, I don't know, them rushing a new album or tour?

Anyway, like I said, couple of new songs would be fantastic and well enough for this year imo.