Stage equipment settings

joannalukomska

Hi to all the fans,

Yesterday I saw the gig in Berlin. I was dazzled by the show they gave: all the drones, lights, videos...just wow. But I've been wondering how it is possible with all that equipment and building the stage, to perform one day in Berlin and another in Prague? How long does it take to put up the stage and the whole constructions? If they finished playing at 11.15 P.M. and another day they have a gig in Prague it's seems impossible.

Is there anyone who knows?

I've been wondering about the same thing and talked to some people about it before the concert last night. I was also told that it took 3 days to construct the stage for T2L stadium tour (no idea if that is true and I don't remember anymore who told me). That made me wonder even more..

But they started to deconstruct it right after the band left the stage, so I guess, they will work through the night with a lot of people, all specialized for a certain part, so that they are quite routinized and can get it down relatively fast.

I also had the idea that they might have 2 of them but I guess that this would be insane, one must be expensive enough :LOL:

So, if it takes them 12-15hrs to put up the stage (not to mention lights & all the flying staff) it's physically impossible to finish the gig in Berlin at 11.15P.M (Friday)take it all down, pack, travel to Prague unpack it all and put it up (Saturday). So might it be possible that they've got two sets?

I think they've gotten faster at the tear down and set up as the tour has went. Isn't the distance like 3-4 hours? They did that a couple times in the US, and most of the stuff actually worked the next night.

There's plenty of time, now, as long as they don't get caught up or have a major malfunction. That's the total time to get everything ready, including lights, drones, etc.

There's not two stages.

Their next back to back is like 10 hrs, isn't it?

There is already a "Stage Setup" thread that's quite in depth. I suggest amending these posts to that.

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=100561&page=16

The tour uses 24 trucks, the PA alone uses 32 rigging points. It has to go up in a certain order, companies like Brilliant Stages & Tait have had decades in making tours quick to assemble and pack away.

Everything in the air weighs around 32 tonnes, that's why Zurich needed it's own free standing rigging solution, the building did not have the roof load capacity.

The assembly time is not as long as you may think.T2L area tour only took 2-2.5 hours to load up into the trucks again.

iZAu7ZfxtIM

Generally bumping out doesn't take anywhere near as long to do as bumping in. It's not the same scale obviously but as a reference when I did bump ins for school shows back in my senior year in high school it would take 4 or 5 hours to set up the PA, tape everything down rig the lighting and test the sound. Then it would generally take about an hour to tear it all down again at most.

Tear down is faster than set up, but yeah, even then, it's more about setting up - and then making sure everything WORKS.

And that latter had been a real problem for the band's crew, and still has a few hiccups here and there.

It's not 12-15 hours of purely hanging things on the ceiling; it's getting all that stuff set up and still having time to make sure it all functions properly once it's up.