Older Matt interview

Because some lovely soul called me out for manufacturing the fact that Drones' story originally went the opposite way, I've uploaded this for everyone's enjoyment, since I couldn't find it anywhere.

Pre-release interview; seems like the website hosting it took it down really fast, and people didn't see it.

Standard interview except:

- Matt reveals the album originally was reversed

- The Globalist is a separate story (this wasn't new, but people seem to forget it)

- Matt talks about Drones the song, and that "amen"... but not really

I never found any of the other parts, and the interviewer mentions interviewing Dom. Bummer.

[YT]

[/YT]

It's more in line with how I see the world, too... but I said it before the album came out, and I still believe I'm more happy with it how it is. I'm perfectly capable of being jaded on my own. :chuckle: Muse has always had that dark, yet "happy ending" thing for me.

This is the only reason I can tolerate Revolt's theme and lyrics, btw, even though I'm sure they were changed substantially after the switch and I'm making this up to make myself feel better; it's naively positive, because the "character" started that way, and it didn't work out for him...

I think it says a lot about the "dual narratives" of the album, and the mindset during the writing, too, obviously.

I also really like the nod to it that's in The Globalist, with the backwards lyrics from the other songs.

That seems to make more sense knowing the album had a different order.

Also makes me think The Globalist *was* the actual "story" ending at first, and with the flip flop, it just became a "second story" so they didn't need to chop 10-13 minutes off the album to satisfy the concept.