Muse's Drone Blimp Crashed Into a London Crowd

JessicaSarahS

Not really news to us, but I love that they referenced the dildrone. :LOL:

http://gizmodo.com/muses-drone-blimp-crashed-into-a-london-crowd-1771168802

Last night, the band Muse was jamming though the song “The Globalist,” when a concert drone known affectionately by fans as “dildrone,” crashed into the crowd. Clearly, this drone isn’t taking any of your shit.

Muse has recently shown a particular interest in drones, despite the dangers the aircraft often present. Although the spectacle of this airship careening into fans below isn’t quite the explosive spectacle of some new age Hindenburg, it’s a visual anecdote for why the FAA isn’t too thrilled about flying big drones over people. Hell, we even thought this was a bad idea a year ago. Luckily, no one was injured by the descending drone, just scrambling to escape its makeshift landing pad.

NME mentions that this isn’t Muse’s first drone mishap either, a smaller drone crashed on stage earlier this year at a show in Detroit.

Muse, I appreciate the energy to innovate, but maybe leave the drones at home next tour.

:LOL: Yes!

I thought the upper limit was when someone wrote it on setlist.fm and nobody removed it. :chuckle:

EDIT: A quick browse on Google News has 30 different news sources running stories on it and links to the Instagram video with a Hindenberg-style "#ohthehumanity" hashtag. I mean... good grief. :chuckle:

Edited by forevermusic

Why are they making such a big deal of this all of a sudden, anyways?

I even saw it on IGN, with a super misleading headline and picture of a quad copter.

It's obvious it's a huge balloon when you're there... I'm sure no one wet their pants or anything.

I also admit openly to thinking "dildrone" was hilarious, and seeing it on setlist.fm never failed to amuse me, but it's sort of depressing seeing it in articles like this, for some reason. Fun might be ruined.

Why are they making such a big deal of this all of a sudden, anyways?

I even saw it on IGN, with a super misleading headline and picture of a quad copter.

It's obvious it's a huge balloon when you're there... I'm sure no one wet their pants or anything.

I also admit openly to thinking "dildrone" was hilarious, and seeing it on setlist.fm never failed to amuse me, but it's sort of depressing seeing it in articles like this, for some reason. Fun might be ruined.

Living in the north of England i've become used to the 'it doesn't matter unless it happens in London' thing

It still seemed fun to me. Not like Gizmodo was taking things seriously.