Who the hell actually listens to Muse?

JessicaSarahS

Doesn't it undermine his "cooler than thou" attitude to bring up celebrity gossip?

This is Vice - a company who have that attitude towards everything not hipstery, but whose main investor is Rupert Murdoch and who are regularly accused of not paying interns. This is pretty much their level.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the interviewees should have turned the questions on Noisey.

"and what artist's music are YOU passionate about and why?" I'm betting this person is an all-rounder - no bad thing but she clearly can't understand how fans can listen to their favourite artist's music almost religiously and delight in seeing them live whenever they get the opportunity. This has happened to me only three times, so far, in my life (I'm in my early 40s). First with Depeche Mode, then Red Hot Chillies (John Frusciante why did you have to leave?) and now with Muse - with thanks to my kids for introducing me. The Noiseys of this world may never experience it. :(

Edited by Debussy101

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually surprised by the posts saying that the crowd is mostly male, I've always found Muse crowds to be mostly female (more and more so), except in the UK where it's balanced. What countries are you thinking of? The US?

I'm actually surprised by the posts saying that the crowd is mostly male, I've always found Muse crowds to be mostly female (more and more so), except in the UK where it's balanced. What countries are you thinking of? The US?

Even in the US I found the front to be mostly female, but once you got back a couple rows, it was predominantly male, or male with girlfriend.

That's pretty stereotypical in the US, I didn't know it was different elsewhere, especially for rock shows.

Why would the crowd being mainly male be a problem? You don't see criticism for Swift if her crowds are mainly women.
You do though. Every single male pop band get criticised for having an audience of mainly teenage girls.(along with criticism of the girls themselves)

• 2 weeks later...
"As I left the strange, food chain-littered, concrete-covered world of North Greenwich (if you’ve never been it’s like a cold, low-budget version of Dubai)"

Is it really?

Wouldn't that mean Canary Wharf was doing a cold low-budget version of Dubai before Dubai was cool?

Vice journalists are so fucking stupid and it would be nice if any seemed to actually know London rather than regurgitate tropes.

Greenwich is quite nice, the O2 arena is a soulless corporate hellhole, but its not all of North Greenwich.

"As I left the strange, food chain-littered, concrete-covered world of North Greenwich (if you’ve never been it’s like a cold, low-budget version of Dubai)"

Is it really?

That's probably the only accurate statement in the whole article.

Just wait till you see what they build there next, that whole peninsula is going to be one giant complex/temple to the gods of consumerism.