The odds that you of all people got Revolt.

Was it everything I'd hoped it would be? :happy:

First gig, too :awesome:

Re-watching now that I'm at home, some of my 'dynamic' camera skills about halfway through might be more likely to cause a headache than show my excitement :LOL: Guess it's not the same without the melodramatic miming that went with it (yes, I'm a mess). Tried to give a lil bedazzling finger wiggle at the end to compensate but, alas, that failed spectacularly too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_axLdz6HoA

ok let's be honest it's way flatter than it is on the album but it still saved the rest of the post-supermassive section of that set

I'm super sad now that they didn't rotate it with Reapers on the back to back gigs I went to. :(

Or that I couldn't have gone to one of the earlier US gigs to see it (and maybe Bliss, never getting to see Bliss is a big downer.)

Glad you got to see something nice, though. :happy: Seemed like another good gig tonight, in general.

I'm super sad now that they didn't rotate it with Reapers on the back to back gigs I went to. :(

Or that I couldn't have gone to one of the earlier US gigs to see it (and maybe Bliss, never getting to see Bliss is a big downer.)

Glad you got to see something nice, though. :happy: Seemed like another good gig tonight, in general.

And I didn't get Reapers at the back to back gigs I went to. What the fuck is this string of misfortune? Next you know they'll play Glorious at a one person concert that features only Clunge in the audience.

I'm pretty sure 2004 was the year that Muse played Glorious at most of the Canadian gigs, and promptly dropped it upon getting back to the US.

I don't think we *have* a good era to long for.

The T2L tour also featured that Dead Star request on my birthday, and a gig I wasn't at. :chuckle: Kinda glad they're not playing on it this year.

Can we ever be satisfied really?

People can have a critique of something that they enjoyed, you know...

I just found a packet of hot chocolate I didn't know I had, loved it, but wished it didn't have those crunchy little marshmallows in it.

Still enjoyed it; didn't wish I'd dumped it down the drain.

Probably could have picked out the marshmallows before dumping it in the boiling water actually...

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Nothing can make the older fans happy. Not the ones who post in this thread anyway.

A little recognition of the hardcore fans in the United States is really all I'm asking for, can't speak for the rest of the board but the difference between all the shows I went to versus recent European shows changes quite a bit.

Reapers being played every night is a huge bonus with Stockholm/CE/Map/Hysteria in rotation really helps the "heaviness" of the show and UD being mostly gone also helps the show from painfully dragging on, especially when you're one of the unlucky few that gets Resistance/Revolt/Feeling Good without the consolation prize of CE/Map and Reapers.

2004 US gigs were still on average the same as elsewhere. US was also the only country to get Debase.

The US got 2-5 songs less than the bigger European arena shows, but in their defense, less people that paid significantly less than European crowds. Same goes for the BH&R tour, 15ish songs versus Europe's 18-19.

To be honest I don't think the United States has ever been treated that well when it comes to show length until The Resistance tour (and even that had a dropped song slot from what I recall)

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

They were small venues too and usually were standard length for said venues. At least in my experience. But point is they were still doing the same kind of stuff. Complaints weren't all that valid until 2010

My first Muse gig was in 2009 and it was awful. I went to the first of two nights at The O2. The rotations were Feeling Good and Unintended Vs Jazzy Cave and MK Ultra (I got the fucking former). Oh and the performance was fucking atrocious compared to the second night which people said was really good.

I'm still mad.

They were small venues too and usually were standard length for said venues. At least in my experience. But point is they were still doing the same kind of stuff. Complaints weren't all that valid until 2010

Oh yeah definitely. The "Americans don't know our material" mentality didn't start showing up until 2010.

First gig, I got by far the shortest TR arena set. No rhyme or reason for it.

They were rotating a couple of slots on the tour that I recalled from the first leg... and I got Feeling Good for piano, and Guiding Light for the other slot. :LOL: And lots of stuff dropped, of course. I mean, I enjoyed Guiding Light, but I'd see other gigs do way better.

And Matt played the arpeggio intro to Bliss on the piano before Feeling Good, so I was sad about not getting to see my favorite song after that.

The stage get up was cool, but prevented me from seeing the band at all from where I was, so it felt more like watching a movie than watching a band.

I've often felt having TaB surprisingly close the gig was the only reason I walked out happy.

Oh yeah definitely. The "Americans don't know our material" mentality didn't start showing up until 2010.

It makes so little sense when you think about it in that context.

Those pre-'10 fans were probably still going to the new gigs... at least as much as in other countries, because bands lose fans over time everywhere.

Maybe we just stopped being profitable as they switched to arena gigs, and it pisses them off that they "break even" (supposedly) and they take that pissy mood out on the gigs.

Caught something today, I had always assumed that the new stage was created/housed somewhere in California justifying the Winter NA dates, but apparently they were testing all of this in West Yorkshire.

WELCOME TO PRODUCTION PARK 300,000 sq ft of Live Events heaven based in South Kirkby Wakefield. With masses of space and no noise restrictions, Production Park is a playground where we can be as loud, wildly creative, huge scale and experimental as we want to be. Everything we need is under one roof enabling big ideas, big productions and big creations to be nurtured, developed and realised in one place.

So.... Why did the freeze your ass off tour (fucking miserable for everyone involved) happen knowing that European dates require less notice and the gear was already there? I'd certainly imagine it would have helped ticket sales since some of the dates had little over a month of sales. It makes even less sense when you consider that they'll presumably be shipping that gear back through the US to get to Australia and Asia later this year in the Summer.

My first Muse gig was in 2009 and it was awful. I went to the first of two nights at The O2. The rotations were Feeling Good and Unintended Vs Jazzy Cave and MK Ultra (I got the fucking former). Oh and the performance was fucking atrocious compared to the second night which people said was really good.

I'm still mad.

I got Butterflies and Bliss at mine which was pretty awesome. Still salty that the first night got Sunburn and we got Feeling Good though.

2010 since we were talking about American centered complaints, and the Resistance leg began in 2010. It indeed was heavily a carry over from the 2009 European arenas which were also disappointing.

Weren't TR tour gigs 17 songs long in Europe (Bar a handful that got 18 and Torino that got 19) and 16 songs long in US in the spring and 15 songs long in the fall? (Bar a handful that got 17, and NY and LA that got 18) So about a song short.

I think we can all agree that The Resistance was the start of the fall.

This.

Although T2L was much better in that regard, 21 for Europe and 19 for America.

Good gig last night, my first since Download so it was never going to be an ultra heavy one, but overall it was a solid 7/10 for me.

+ strong opening

+ SS and the riffs after were brutal. Always happy to see CE and I didn't think I'd ever hear Revolt. Can tick that one off the list!

+ with the exception of TH falsetto, I thought Matt sounded good. Though he does miss an awful lot of vocal cues/marks.

+ the drones look great in motion

+ good performances all round. The people I was around were all stood and having a good ol' jig.

+ the sound was excellent

- the 360 stage is a good idea on paper but it does lessen the enthusiasm of the crowd. This was really apparent during TIRO. Shame.

- No TaB. Resistance for Map isn't an unfair rotation, I just much prefer the latter.

- Madness needs to be dropped or at least rotated if he can no longer hit the A4s.

- The amount of needless faff in there. There's room for at least two more songs without it.

- I keep banging on about it, but I just want AP once :( I bet it'll get played on Monday. I'm going to Tuesday and Thursday haha.