inb4 massive repetitive discussion of setlists...

Surely the only things to discuss in tour threads are the setlists, performances and production though? Not sure what else you'd expect.

Edited by Jobby

Might want to leave that last part out. If Drones songs were played, it's likely the lyrics WEREN'T amazing. Could be complaining. :chuckle:

Maybe if the gigs weren't so repetitious, the discussions wouldn't be, either. :awesome:

The fact that there were lyrics at all (sung by Matt) could be amazing: who knows, next tour Matt will let the the audience sing everything.

Previously, on Psycho/Drones General Tour Discussion Thread...

"The setlist is too short!!"

"I can't believe they're only playing 16-17 songs!!"

"WHY NO SHOWBIZ THEY PROMISED????"

"Muse hates the U.S."

"Europe always get better stuff eff them in the arse!!"

"American fans sux0rz go eff yourselves in the arse!!"

"Can I has Assassin?"

"Awww, no can has Assassin, I ams sadz."

"Why is the setlist so short just play more than two hours!!!"

"Here are all the bands that are better than Muse."

"OMG, Matt sounds like Benjamin Button when he was born and/or dying!"

"Muse hates what they're doing. They hate us. They probably hate each other. BOO."

"Why you close eyes so much, Bellamy??"

"OMG TAB!!!"

"Ugh, I went to first night. I had to the sux0rz."

"Um, I had a jolly time--"

"HOW DARE YOU ENJOYED YOURSELF THIS TOUR IS A TRAVESTY YOUR OPINION IS NULL!!"

"Tweet this thing to get this thing!"

"No, don't tweet that thing. You so greedy!!"

"Why they play so few songs!!"

"LOL broken drones."

"Grrrr, Muse = slave to their drones. Boo-urns!"

"The crowd sucks."

"Muse is a farce and robbing us by playing less songs and too much filler and sounds terrible and all the playback and so many breaks and too much visuals and not enough rock and super expensive seats and didn't play that one obscure rarity that I absolutely had to hear and it has gutted my life and killed my father and raped my mother and I now hate Muse!!!!!!!!!!"

And now, the exciting continuation of the Drones General Tour Discussion Thread...

"American fans sux0rz"

"Can I has Assassin?"

"I had to the sux0rz."

pls

2007 meme speak died for a reason

when tho

I honestly don't think I can remember the last time I saw someone genuinely tell someone else that they shouldn't be positive or enjoy something. If anything, the majority of people I see trying to dictate others' opinions are the ones telling everyone to be positive and like everything.

"Muse hates the U.S."

"Can I has Assassin?"

"Muse hates what they're doing. They hate us. They probably hate each other. BOO."

"OMG TAB!!!"

"LOL broken drones."

"The crowd sucks."

"Muse is a farce and robbing us by playing less songs and too much filler and sounds terrible and all the playback and so many breaks and too much visuals and not enough rock and super expensive seats and didn't play that one obscure rarity that I absolutely had to hear and it has gutted my life and killed my father and raped my mother and I now hate Muse!!!!!!!!!!"

And now, the exciting continuation of the Drones General Tour Discussion Thread...

Nice summary! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

"Muse hates the U.S."

"Can I has Assassin?"

"OMG TAB!!!"

"LOL broken drones."

"The crowd sucks."

* Plays dramatic music with a massive choir *

Is the tour re-starting tomorrow?

I reckon it'll be mostly the same stuff as before. Maybe something unexpected will turn up in that London 5 night'er, or Matt will remember "Assassin 4 Belfast". Or at the least, Assassin for London April 12th ;)

Glastonbury's gonna get a better setlist anyway.

I reckon it'll be mostly the same stuff as before. Maybe something unexpected will turn up in that London 5 night'er, or Matt will remember "Assassin 4 Belfast". Or at the least, Assassin for London April 12th ;)

Yep, Germany tomorrow.

I've been feeling something unexpected might pop up at one of the London dates (most likely the 12th or 15th) lately actually. Maybe RBS? A few people seem confident on Assassin, provided it gets played in Belfast, but I'm not so sure why tbh. I feel like it's the kind of song they'd only play because they promised it a year ago but maybe that's just because I don't wanna get my hopes up :chuckle:

I've decided against going to Belfast though so I'm a-prayin'.

It's a discussion thread, not a lick Muse's balls thread. If not, someone should change the title.

We discuss things. Maybe not a lot of things, but not a lot of things have really happened.

I've not seen a single case of someone attacking someone for a valid positive opinion. Saying we should be happy to just be in the presence of Muse isn't valid. At all.

I've never understood why reading critical opinions threatens people's positive ones. If you're that easily swayed from your own opinions, maybe they weren't that firm in the first place?

Yep, Germany tomorrow.

I've been feeling something unexpected might pop up at one of the London dates (most likely the 12th or 15th) lately actually. Maybe RBS? A few people seem confident on Assassin, provided it gets played in Belfast, but I'm not so sure why tbh. I feel like it's the kind of song they'd only play because they promised it a year ago but maybe that's just because I don't wanna get my hopes up :chuckle:

I've decided against going to Belfast though so I'm a-prayin'.

Ah yes that's right.

RBS might be a decent shout for a one-off. Maybe. I'd take Space Dementia again though - that was magnificent at Reading Festival all those years back. Man, August 2011 feels a lot more recent than it fucking is. :chuckle:

I'd love it if they did it but I'm not so sure if it'll happen. But we'll see.

pls

2007 meme speak died for a reason

when tho

I honestly don't think I can remember the last time I saw someone genuinely tell someone else that they shouldn't be positive or enjoy something. If anything, the majority of people I see trying to dictate others' opinions are the ones telling everyone to be positive and like everything.

I think you're taking my summary a little too literally and missing the exaggeration or intentional use of bad meme speak to highlight absurdities. It was just a joke. I'm pretty sure no one actually said Muse killed their father and raped their mother either. ;)

Yay, finally new thread :awesome:

ADL and Fabri to top the fail list?

Fabri even made the top ten. Quite impressive considering for how long he's been banned.

Weren't you thinking about going to the 14th or 15th as well? Could you maybe just do that and start rooting for Assassin on that date ;)?

And @ryan: Gigsandtours screwed up my tickets for the Hamburg 2012 gig and I had to pick them up at the box office. I was a bit worried, especially cause the tickets were booked with someone elses credit card. But it all worked out no problem, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I just wanted to say I've seen them for the first time ever (and my first concert in general) at the Cologne gig and I'm sad to hear that apparently they looked bored during other gigs, because at the one in Cologne everyone seemed very into it! Matt even interacted with the crowd at one point and said a few words here and there during breaks (from what I've read this is their normal level of interaction) and from uploaded videos on youtube you can see they smiled a lot and generally seemed energetic! I left the concert feeling this was one of the best nights of my life :-)

that's all

(i hope i did everything right with this post, i just created this account lol)

Ok, tomorrow is my 2nd and last visit after Cologne. Not sure how I feel about it, I just hope the crowd won't be as lazy as 3 weeks ago.

Oh and please, I want to see Citizen live for the first fucking time. Somehow I always managed to visit the gigs with extra dull setlists.