last night I went to see Springsteen at San Siro stadium in Milan: 3 hours and 45 minutes with no breaks, 36 songs. the man will turn 67 in a couple of months

Different people different stamina. Muse is a band that usually play 1h30m to 2h. And sometimes they throw amazing shows like the last Wembley, Zepp or Montreux. Deal with it.

Also, i think in Montreux was the first time they played four of my favourite songs in one show, Fury, Futurism, Assassin and Butterflies. If they reléase this one they'll make me very happy.

is that really the full show? 80 minutes, 16 songs, with 7 albums worth of music?

is it a joke or what? what was the ticket price? it's Switzerland, so it must have been bloody expensive

FYI, last night I went to see Springsteen at San Siro stadium in Milan: 3 hours and 45 minutes with no breaks, 36 songs. the man will turn 67 in a couple of months

I was also at that Springsteen gig last night, he's one of a kind in that sense unfortunately, the setlist varies hugely from night to night, he takes sign requests throughout the show for any song in his back catalogue and he's the best live performer I've ever seen, and I paid only 40 Euros for it

Muse are an entirely different animal unfortunately, the majority of the time they try and make everything too perfect when they should just let loose, they're so so much better when it's just them with their instruments than with all of the various stage designs imo

is that really the full show? 80 minutes, 16 songs, with 7 albums worth of music?

is it a joke or what? what was the ticket price? it's Switzerland, so it must have been bloody expensive

FYI, last night I went to see Springsteen at San Siro stadium in Milan: 3 hours and 45 minutes with no breaks, 36 songs. the man will turn 67 in a couple of months

Whatever floats yer boat. Respect where its due and all but.... You'd have to pay me to go to a Springsteen gig. A lot of money.

this statistic is simply incorrect btw...

the average attendance across the 17 US arena gigs was 11,796 per gig.

I probably wasn't clear, but I meant T2L. They had some gigs in the 5000 range.

And even during TR some cities were really low.

And the band has systematically dropped those cities and shortened the tour.

This tour was short because they only selected the highest attendance areas (and a few cities on the drive path.)

Ticket sales also increased in some of those areas due to more people having to travel, and tiered announcements such as Detroit/ Chicago.

The bad is sadly on the verge of not being widely arena viable here, which shows on the very limited tour.

I wish they'd follow through on the mixed venues instead of cutting fans out of the tour.

Hahaha I didn't spot that, was checking only at the beginning! Were you on the barrier?

Yes I was on the barrier :happy: I actually laughed out really loud because I was not expecting it at all and it was really sudden :LOL:

Yes I was on the barrier :happy: I actually laughed out really loud because I was not expecting it at all and it was really sudden :LOL:

Good on you! I tried to persuade my hubby to go to queue really early but he wasn't having it. I was happy with where we got though.

Good on you! I tried to persuade my hubby to go to queue really early but he wasn't having it. I was happy with where we got though.

Good for you too! Yeah some people slept there, but on the actual day there weren't a lot of early queuers. I work there so it was different for me.

I like the idea of Matt posting 4 more obscure songs on a Twitter poll, say, 4/5 hours before a gig, and the biggest pick by the time he gets to writing a setlist makes the gig. But its hypothetical ofc.

Anyway, when's Kyiv and are we expecting the rarity count to revert to 0?

I like the idea of Matt posting 4 more obscure songs on a Twitter poll, say, 4/5 hours before a gig, and the biggest pick by the time he gets to writing a setlist makes the gig. But its hypothetical ofc.

Anyway, when's Kyiv and are we expecting the rarity count to revert to 0?

I expect Ukraine to an above average set because the crowds are really good there and they rarely play there.

ah, ok. that clarifies things.

This tour was short because they only selected the highest attendance areas (and a few cities on the drive path.)

The bad is sadly on the verge of not being widely arena viable here, which shows on the very limited tour.

limited by the logistics of the set design (i.e. load in / load out) & transport issues unique to this tour, obviously.

So, joining the conversation too! I'll be unpopular: I don't think we really need polls to request songs for gigs. I mean, Muse know we like rarities/oldies/etc in general, and I think they can fairly choose some of those on their own. Does it really matter if they play The Groove and not Hyper Music, or Agitated and not Yes Please? I don't think so.

The point is that they'd do better playing some rarities for each gig (but literally each gig) to please the hardcore fans. We don't need to choose which ones, I think.

Edited by Flor Amarillo

1) The Boss has performed in a stadium, which it vastly differs from an indoor small venue.

2) Even if Matt did keep fit each concert, I think he would collapse after three hours, considering his different singing style and voice.

3) A concert doesn't have to clock at nearly four hours to be majestic. Muse would just need to add 2-3 tracks more per night and rotate rarities and old songs more in order to appease casuals and hardcores alike. Even though Bruce struck wonderfully again at his age.

as i mentioned a few pages back, this is how one band does it:

http://www.beachhousebaltimore.com/tour/

as one can see, there's a "setlist creator" for each gig. the entire catalog of the band is up for voting.

mind you, beach house is clearly not in the same league as muse by any metric used for comparison purposes, lol.

but, the "template" is fairly workable.

Yeah because for some reason they played 3 shows in Ohio, all of which were abysmal attendance-wise. Meanwhile the gigs they played on the last leg were well-attended from what I remember (can't find numbers), yet almost all of those cities were skipped.

limited by the logistics of the set design (i.e. load in / load out) & transport issues unique to this tour, obviously.

this too. I understand Matt's been wanting his drones for years now but it boggles my mind they spend $$$ for the production on this tour and it seems like it was so short. If they're "so proud" of it, you'd think they'd want as many people to see it as possible. Oh well, guess their ambition got the best of them. Maybe they'll get the idea an dial it back next time - for the benefit of all of us.

If they weren't setting up the stage 5 minutes before we got into the venue, I'd suggest an earlier opener (for the sake of sound curfews), 1hr20 minutes of Muse, 15-20 minute break and do another 1hr20 minutes. Let people decide when they've had enough like people do when they see The Cure.

I saw The Cure recently, they did 37 songs and those guys are in their late 50s doing some pretty strenuous material.

as i mentioned a few pages back, this is how one band does it:

http://www.beachhousebaltimore.com/tour/

as one can see, there's a "setlist creator" for each gig. the entire catalog of the band is up for voting.

mind you, beach house is clearly not in the same league as muse by any metric used for comparison purposes, lol.

but, the "template" is fairly workable.

I like the idea in principle... but, given how that particular one is set up, wouldn't we end up with just the most popular 3 rather than deep-cuts... ?

I like the idea in principle... but, given how that particular one is set up, wouldn't we end up with just the most popular 3 rather than deep-cuts... ?

i agree, it needs tweaks.

perhaps the list should be comprised of "rarities" (again, a term that is generally undefined) only.

however, what has actually played out (at least from what i've observed for that band) was that the fans assumed that certain bigger hits would get played regardless (they did), and thus gig-goers tended to vote for certain deeper cuts...which found their way into the setlists.

Another person who never posts jumping in to add to the discussion.

ey yo welcome buddy <3

more peeps are always welcome

So, joining the conversation too! I'll be unpopular: I don't think we really need polls to request songs for gigs. I mean, Muse know we like rarities/oldies/etc in general, and I think they can fairly choose some of those on their own. Does it really matter if they play The Groove and not Hyper Music, or Agitated and not Yes Please? I don't think so.

The point is that they'd do better playing some rarities for each gig (but literally each gig) to please the hardcore fans. We don't need to choose which ones, I think.

We don't need to choose but it'd be an extra sign of the band really caring and a nice element of customisation/interaction. The logistics of the poll(s) shouldn't be too hard to work out so I don't see why not. Plus, it could be a way of introducing some other (doable) oldies into the mix that the band might not have thought about otherwise or known the demand for.

This isn't even anywhere near being a realised idea in the back of Matt's mind yet and my brain is already torturing itself with having one vote and choosing between Invin, COD, Hoodoo and Easily :LOL: (assuming any of those would even be included)

Tie registration for the voting to the website/forums. Don't include guaranteed staples like last time either (people were voting for Knights of Cydonia in 2010)

They've been surprised that there's a demand for songs before.

Tie registration for the voting to the website/forums. Don't include guaranteed staples like last time either (people were voting for Knights of Cydonia in 2010)

Best one was the gig that had a top 5 of Knights, Hysteria, Uprising, SMBH, PiB

I'd much rather the band pick the songs, assuming they don't fuck it up. Otherwise it'll just be Citizen Erased being voted for for every gig, and while Citizen is a fucking good song, and better live than most of what they actually play, they have so, so many better ones.