This is the first tour I've been disappointed with, tbf, even considering Muse has always been unfair to their US fans. Both in terms of set lists, but even more so by the gigs being noticibly shorter for no reason

I didn't really have reason to expect this tour would let me down, other than my dislike of center stages.

There wasn't precident for it, and as I love Drones, I thought I'd get enough new songs to make the same ol worth it.

I couldn't have expected what the gigs were really like. And after seeing them, I really can't be convinced they enjoy the crowds they draw.

Plus, they complained about people only knowing one song, and made us beg for CE back for 20 gigs.

I think a band dropping a song like that because it didn't have 100% crowd participation is an issue with THEM, not us.

And I was pretty sad they managed to make a lot of the Drones songs unenjoyable, because I really do love them.

And at my prior gig, this band had made me enjoy a song I really hate.

Well actually, as a matter of fact, they do. I pay money to see Muse live which, for someone of my income, is a lot. Muse are, when you really get down to it, a company providing a service. A lot of the time it's a bit of a push to say they deliver when you consider that

1. ticket prices are going up

2. amount of time Muse ACTUALLY PLAY is going down

3. Muse themselves drain from the experience by acting like they couldn't give a shit and don't want to be there i.e. in America

4, people bought expensive tickets based on the assumption that the arena gigs would follow on the steam of the the festival gigs, i.e. would be varied and would include rarities, which is only a natural and reasonable assumption considering that's how the T2L tour was and if they play obscure shit at festivals surely they'd do it at their own gigs.

Also, in terms of "muse owing me something", when they say "we cant play this song right now, we'll play it next time", then play it two shows later, then the next time actually comes, they are explicitly aware of the request for it to be played, don't play it, and then play the fucking song a week later, and people buying tickets for that gig purely based on that promise, which is reasonable considering similar promises were carried out as said, being pissed off over that is not entitlement, it's actually getting fucked over. More specifically it's buying a product based on false advertising.

EDIT: and bar that isolated case I have absolutely no reason to complain, but I certainly understand why people are complaining especially when it's well constructed criticism towards the band. It's a completely different story to go on twitter and call matt a fuckwit for last nights set.

Complaining about complaining isn't helping anyone.

EDIT 2: re: false advertising: "Hey everyone! Here's a playlist of songs you can expect to hear on our upcoming Drones World Tour!" Playlist has rarities everywhere. I feel as though that's not delivering on an advertised product, which would have influenced people, particularly hardcore fans, to buy multiple tickets.

You sound like such an entitled little brat.

When you continue to pay to see a band that has continued to disappoint in this regard (don't make out like this is a new thing because it's not), it's your own fault.

Anybody that disagrees with that is wrong. You can complain all you want but you're not owed a damn thing. You pay to see a show, you get a show. Just because you don't happen to go to a show where something you want to happen doesn't, you don't get to say "I SHOULD BE GETTING THIS COS I'M HARDCORE."

Are you five? If you're not, stop acting like you are.

You sound like such an entitled little brat.

When you continue to pay to see a band that has continued to disappoint in this regard (don't make out like this is a new thing because it's not), it's your own fault.

Anybody that disagrees with that is wrong. You can complain all you want but you're not owed a damn thing. You pay to see a show, you get a show. Just because you don't happen to go to a show where something you want to happen doesn't, you don't get to say "I SHOULD BE GETTING THIS COS I'M HARDCORE."

Are you five? If you're not, stop acting like you are.

Luke is it actually possible for you to pull your head out of your ass and read what I actually said? I am not complaining. I have not complained about a single show I went to, bar one, and my single complaint about it is very much justified.

Your last point doesn't even make much sense, but yeah I also never said that.

Well actually, as a matter of fact, they do..

THE FUCK DO THEY OWE YOU?

That's some entitlement if I've ever seen it.

When's the last time Muse promised anything? They said at one Belfast gig they'd play Assassin next time and they didn't. That's about it. You seem to be inferring that they make promises every week and continue to disappoint every week.

If Muse are playing less & asking for more money and you're still going to more shows, that's on you. You seem to think you can have a level of entitlement just because you went to more shows which is so immature. You've gone to countless shows, I don't know how many, continue to complain and then go to the next show, rinse/repeat.

Even after Belfast, which you complained about endlessly, you still wanted to go to another show (Hamburg?) because you were 'near'. I told you not to go because you'd get a crap setlist and you agreed but the only reason you ended up NOT going is because you couldn't afford it, had nothing to do with me and you'd have bitched about the set (like you did anyway) if you had gone.

If you're dumb enough to fall into this hole, it's on your own head.

Some people seem to be really slamming this arena tour... I don't think it deserves all the criticism it's getting. On good nights I think there's been a better balance of deep cuts and hits than in the T2L and TR arena days. Sure it's not quite there with Werchter, and the gigs are too short, but these have still been great, for example:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2016/accorhotels-arena-paris-france-7bf0a6d8.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2016/mediolanum-forum-di-assago-assago-italy-53f14739.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2016/the-o2-arena-london-england-1bf189dc.html

The inconsistency is of course the main gripe. They fail to meet these standards a lot of the time, and we randomly get setlists like this one:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2016/accorhotels-arena-paris-france-2bf0bcf6.html

which wasn't even in the US.

Of course we're not entitled to anything, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out that sets like the three above will probably please more people - including the band - than the set below.

THE FUCK DO THEY OWE YOU?

That's some entitlement if I've ever seen it.

When's the last time Muse promised anything? They said at one Belfast gig they'd play Assassin next time and they didn't. That's about it. You seem to be inferring that they make promises every week and continue to disappoint every week.

If Muse are playing less & asking for more money and you're still going to more shows, that's on you. You seem to think you can have a level of entitlement just because you went to more shows which is so immature. You've gone to countless shows, I don't know how many, continue to complain and then go to the next show, rinse/repeat.

Even after Belfast, which you complained about endlessly, you still wanted to go to another show (Hamburg?) because you were 'near'. I told you not to go because you'd get a crap setlist and you agreed but the only reason you ended up NOT going is because you couldn't afford it, had nothing to do with me and you'd have bitched about the set (like you did anyway) if you had gone.

If you're dumb enough to fall into this hole, it's on your own head.

Yes. I give money, they provide a service. If the quality of that service dwindles, I will provide customer feedback.

Please, bar Belfast and my first one, which doesn't count because I wasn't a fan, find a single comment which shows me complaining about any of Dublin '12, London, Manchester, Belfast 2015, Download, Rock Werchter or Dublin '16..

I have not continued to complain and continued to come back for more. I have praised each of those concerts. I'm not one of the people going to 20-30 gigs a tour and complaining about how its the same thing over and over. I'm going to one - two, and for the I-don't-know-how-many-th time, I'm not complaining.

Also I didn't infer that they make promises every week and fall through. I infered that when they do make promises, they have a very good track record of following through on them. Considering the Muscle Museum for Brazil promise, there was ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to believe it would also not be true for Belfast.

Hamburg is a moot argument. For all I know I would've enjoyed the shit out of that gig. I didn't go. The setlist looked shit which I commented saying. That's not me going and "WOE IS ME THEY DIDNT PLAY A SONG FOR ME, THE HARDCORE FAN" even though they played too, but I imagine I would've been put off by the pacing of the show.

Edit: I have also decided to no longer go to shows unless there is extreme reason to believe it's different, like a club gig or another Download.

Some people seem to be really slamming this arena tour... I don't think it deserves all the criticism it's getting. On good nights I think there's been a better balance of deep cuts and hits than in the T2L and TR arena days. Sure it's not quite there with Werchter, and the gigs are too short, but these have still been great, for example:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2016/accorhotels-arena-paris-france-7bf0a6d8.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2016/mediolanum-forum-di-assago-assago-italy-53f14739.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2016/the-o2-arena-london-england-1bf189dc.html

The inconsistency is of course the main gripe. They fail to meet these standards a lot of the time, and we randomly get setlists like this one:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2016/accorhotels-arena-paris-france-2bf0bcf6.html

which wasn't even in the US.

Of course we're not entitled to anything, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out that sets like the three above will probably please more people - including the band - than the set below.

The entire complaint is just balance, though.

Most Europe wasn't bad, and was significantly better than the US.

There were a few sets that were real stinkers, though, and a few that got CE, Bliss, Defector, Map and TaB.

There were still gigs where the band didn't even pretend they were enjoying it.

That really hurts the people only seeing one gig and makes you feel like you need to go to a bunch to have a chance.

Then they drop a gig like this last one with no warning, and it's obvious it's going to rub the wrong way, because there were already issues with consistency.

And by the way, I DO feel entitled to get comparable set lists when I see a gig. Not the songs I want, but something that could reasonably be argued to be on par with the rest of the tour. The US did not get that.

And Matt was arguably a bit of a baby about it.

I also expect a band to at least act like it doesn't pain them to do their under two hours job.

That's not acceptable in a workplace and is really sad that celebrities get defended for it.

I dunno. I'm way more hurt and sad than angry at this point.

Can't believe the tour for the album I loved so much went down this way.

I totally understand the Assassin for Belfast beef. But Muse have made their bed in the US with Madness being huge, pushing poppy singles over songs like Reapers/Handler, be it the band or the record label calling the shots. And with Matt saying deeper cuts don't get a good reception (and they dont tbh, not even CE). It's never going to change

Nothing anyone can do tbh

I totally understand the Assassin for Belfast beef. But Muse have made their bed in the US with Madness being huge, pushing poppy singles over songs like Reapers/Handler, be it the band or the record label calling the shots. And with Matt saying deeper cuts don't get a good reception (and they dont tbh, not even CE). It's never going to change

Nothing anyone can do tbh

The band did it to themselves so it's absolutely fair criticism to say it's not ok for the band to be negative towards the crowds they promote themselves to.

And still, playing one Bliss caliber song still would just be a perfect thing to do and wouldn't kill the casuals.

It doesn't go down any worse than the Drones stuff did.

A ton of that 99% probably didn't know Reapers was on the new album and that Bliss wasn't.

It's silly logic.

Not to mention they will soon be going down this road in Europe, the way they're promoting themselves.

You're not the same person who was the only one in the thread to get Mayan tickets and was pissed that everyone wasn't congratulating them, are you?

ha no I'm not.

Seems like

1. Muse must only play want this board decrees. Or else massive whingefest.

2. People on here not interested in what the Montreux was actually like, only in complaining about it.

Really don't know why either of those two things surprises me

Just because it wasn't said that doesn't mean it can't be true.

But I don't think anyone is even thinking that? I'm certainly not. When has the argument ever been "play X, Y, Z, nothing else, otherwise go fuck yourselves"?

America notwithstanding, I think most people have been happy overall with the quality of the Drones tour. The only thing I've seen people properly complain about is lack of consistency between different nights and the amount of time-wasting on stage.

The rarities thing is even just a subset of those arguments "hey, just a suggestion, but maybe it would be nice to throw one or two of those to your other gigs too instead of playing them all at once"

37-38 IS when the voice generally tends to begin deteriorating. Nothing weird about it. And the fact that he's not singing one of his highest notes ever recorded is pretty understandable, especially when he didn't even sing it on a regular basis back in 2002.

And no, we don't wonder, because Matt has already explained why.

Thank you for explaining...funny that you still believe the things he's saying-like I said I'm glad I've seen better gigs from Muse.

But I don't think anyone is even thinking that? I'm certainly not. When has the argument ever been "play X, Y, Z, nothing else, otherwise go fuck yourselves"?
Every time people complain that Muse play Starlight, TIRO, Madness and the like? No matter what the setlist looks like, people always complain when the hits show up. Even at Zepp people were going "oh here we go" when the encore came.

Anyway, loved the smoke here:

Should probably be able to create some really cool wind effects during energetic parts of the gig. Will look really cool on video.

Thank you for explaining...funny that you still believe the things he's saying-like I said I'm glad I've seen better gigs from Muse.

Uhm what? His explanation was that he probably couldn't sing it anymore, which was the point you yourself were making. But yeah, keep on acting like a child.

If you see the once and that's because it costs you a lot I think then you maybe are excused in terms of feeling a little disappointed.

But every year there's people complaining who say they're done but buy tickets for five plus gigs (or in some cases someone else buys for them) on the next tour and it's like aye right...you're so mad at set lists you're not going to see them again. I believe you...

hahaha I proper threw my toys out of the pram for this tour, £80 FUCK THAT NOT GOING

then as soon as I had some money I'm all, 'muse time see ya later :awesome:'

AND THEN THEY PISS ME ABOUT LIKE THIS