Tbh I'm starting to feel like people can always show their displeasure by NOT going to see them 12 times a tour regardless of complaining the previous 12 times the year before...

(I know some of you have stopped btw before anyone says.)

Agreed. But with a better set, imo

Yeah I think I agree tbh. Now that I'm looking at the setlist, I think Matt was doing quite well with Micro Cuts considering how late it was played. I wonder what KoC sounded like after that though...

Tbh I'm starting to feel like people can always show their displeasure by NOT going to see them 12 times a tour regardless of complaining the previous 12 times the year before...

This.

Matt's comments are an interesting one, but I guess it can as much depend on the crowd. For one, we got Dead Star at the Emirates gig I saw and it went down better there than Follow Me and Panic Station, but the video from the Coventry gig saw Dead Star go down like a lead balloon.

Surprised he felt moved enough to comment on it tbf.

Idea!

Let Muse put together a list of 10-15 rare songs for the next arena tour.

Everyone who buys ticket get three votes for that show.

The three songs with the most votes for each show gets played.

The fact that it's literally as easy as compiling a list of rarities he's willing to play, and having THAT be what people vote from - instead of his "let's let everyone vote from the whole catalogue of songs we're going to play anyways! Have fun with KoC" - makes me afraid he's a bit dim sometimes when he Tweets he doesn't have a clue how to do this. :erm:

Drop a list of like a dozen songs that are legitimately rare, don't put on shit you refuse to sing like Glorious or Showbiz, and give people the ability to vote on the gig they're going to. Or, at least one vote per person and they have to pick a gig.

There, super easy...

No way to communicate with him though, so he'll think about it for 10 minutes and drop the idea.

For me it's more the excessive amount of money I had to spend to see one gig. (Ended up doing two, but it was a short drive, and a last minute decision when my sale of the tickets fell through and I heard about CE being played.)

Even then I was just expecting a setlist on par with the US T2L tour, tbf. It was more the band's obvious disinterest in the gig that was off putting.

I'd be willing to bet the band wasn't going through the motions at this last one.

I won't go again. It feels like Matt doesn't care if he plays to 100% people who only know 5 songs, so yeah, I say let him.

This board's default position is whining to bile and back to whining again.

It's pathetic.

You're not the same person who was the only one in the thread to get Mayan tickets and was pissed that everyone wasn't congratulating them, are you?

If you see the once and that's because it costs you a lot I think then you maybe are excused in terms of feeling a little disappointed.

But every year there's people complaining who say they're done but buy tickets for five plus gigs (or in some cases someone else buys for them) on the next tour and it's like aye right...you're so mad at set lists you're not going to see them again. I believe you...

I haven't seen them since 2009 because they cancelled three gigs in a row that I had tickets for :awesome:

Not gonna pay for another ticket unless they somehow manage to make an amazing album, which isn't likely.

I haven't seen them since 2009 because they cancelled three gigs in a row that I had tickets for :awesome:

Not gonna pay for another ticket unless they somehow manage to make an amazing album, which isn't likely.

I've not seen them since 2009 either. Partly because for me The 2nd Law was a bit pish but mostly down to I cba getting up early/wasting time at work fighting for tickets anymore. I've not really got the energy!

But I did think about going on this tour and would've gladly taken tickets off someone's hands if set lists are a problem. I've saw them like 30 times over nearly 10 years so have heard most songs from the first five albums and some b sides at least once. I'm pretty good.

I also have a friend who hasn't been able to see them for a few years for various reasons and she's a bit annoyed about people complaining too.

It's good to hear this was pretty much their own show and not a standard festival and that people were appreciative of what they were getting.

I do understand some people being sour about all this, but on the other hand I'm also really glad they're doing these sort of things at all. That together with some of Matts tweets kinda makes me hopeful for some sort of rarity tour in the future, but we'll see.

It's good to hear this was pretty much their own show and not a standard festival and that people were appreciative of what they were getting.

I do understand some people being sour about all this, but on the other hand I'm also really glad they're doing these sort of things at all. That together with some of Matts tweets kinda makes me hopeful for some sort of rarity tour in the future, but we'll see.

Where can I sign this? :)

"How dare a consumer express their dissatisfaction with a product I no longer buy."

Get lost. Muse don't owe you anything. If you're that annoyed, stop buying the product.

And I'm allowed to have an opinion considering I didn't say I'm never seeing them again. In my opinion some of you are acting like entitled little shites.

I've been mostly pleased from all concerts despite not having the super rarities. This tour was the first time I was actually disappointed.

I was already getting annoyed at the set differences between continents but throughout 2015 they really showed signs of improving. It's the inequality that seems to be spurring most of the complaints. At least the ones I'd agree with.

Tbf I've been mostly content with the arena gigs, but with this one it was the bells & whistles of the show and an awesome rendition of Reapers and Psycho at the start that were my main plusses, and the setlist itself was a bit middling. Granted, most of that comes after seeing the following show get Assassin, Apocalypse Please and Bliss, and going "Oh for fuck's sake". But, for me, the theatre and stadium gigs are usually better experiences. Either that or I'm bored of the London O2. I think next album, if they book arenas and I can be bothered to go, then I really should go somewhere else. See a different city's crowd. Which is kinda why I considered going outside the UK for this tour, then realised nobody else in my social circle was as bothered and sticking to the usual. :chuckle:

I'm on the fence, but tbf, the setlist complaining is kinda stale given its been going on for every tour. I remember back in 2008 for V the set was called a bit samey ffs.

I've been mostly pleased from all concerts despite not having the super rarities. This tour was the first time I was actually disappointed.

I was already getting annoyed at the set differences between continents but throughout 2015 they really showed signs of improving. It's the inequality that seems to be spurring most of the complaints. At least the ones I'd agree with.

Yep, those festival gigs in 2015 (RW the best example) were really the perfect blend to send casuals and hardcores alike home very happy

"How dare a consumer express their dissatisfaction with a product I no longer buy."

But to take this product-viewpoint a bit further, it's one thing to say "Man this Dell computer is shit, I am not a satisfied customer", and a completely different to complain about Dell products for years and yet keep buying them.

Then I think it's fair to ask "Hey, why are you still buying their crap?"

Get lost. Muse don't owe you anything. If you're that annoyed, stop buying the product.

And I'm allowed to have an opinion considering I didn't say I'm never seeing them again. In my opinion some of you are acting like entitled little shites.

Well actually, as a matter of fact, they do. I pay money to see Muse live which, for someone of my income, is a lot. Muse are, when you really get down to it, a company providing a service. A lot of the time it's a bit of a push to say they deliver when you consider that

1. ticket prices are going up

2. amount of time Muse ACTUALLY PLAY is going down

3. Muse themselves drain from the experience by acting like they couldn't give a shit and don't want to be there i.e. in America

4, people bought expensive tickets based on the assumption that the arena gigs would follow on the steam of the the festival gigs, i.e. would be varied and would include rarities, which is only a natural and reasonable assumption considering that's how the T2L tour was and if they play obscure shit at festivals surely they'd do it at their own gigs.

Also, in terms of "muse owing me something", when they say "we cant play this song right now, we'll play it next time", then play it two shows later, then the next time actually comes, they are explicitly aware of the request for it to be played, don't play it, and then play the fucking song a week later, and people buying tickets for that gig purely based on that promise, which is reasonable considering similar promises were carried out as said, being pissed off over that is not entitlement, it's actually getting fucked over. More specifically it's buying a product based on false advertising.

EDIT: and bar that isolated case I have absolutely no reason to complain, but I certainly understand why people are complaining especially when it's well constructed criticism towards the band. It's a completely different story to go on twitter and call matt a fuckwit for last nights set.

Complaining about complaining isn't helping anyone.

EDIT 2: re: false advertising: "Hey everyone! Here's a playlist of songs you can expect to hear on our upcoming Drones World Tour!" Playlist has rarities everywhere. I feel as though that's not delivering on an advertised product, which would have influenced people, particularly hardcore fans, to buy multiple tickets.

EDIT 3:

But to take this product-viewpoint a bit further, it's one thing to say "Man this Dell computer is shit, I am not a satisfied customer", and a completely different to complain about Dell products for years and yet keep buying them.

Then I think it's fair to ask "Hey, why are you still buying their crap?"

Just so we're clear I'm not actually complaining. All of my posts have mostly been "here's how to slightly improve your product to make it more enjoyable for more people".

Edited by ryanp16