The fact that they refuse to play ONE of these songs at their own arena gigs (or even CE or Bliss if you're US) and then they do shit like this for no reason is indeed a dick move.

I agree. Their setlist in Prague was disastrous, with same old stuff over and over again (you CAN lose one of the singles), and with a snooze-fest in the middle including Feeling Good, Revolt, Starlight, Madness... even though I like some of them, I went to a fucking rock concert of a rock band with such a rich catalogue of rock songs, I just wished for at least one more song like Stockholm, MoTP, Citizen... I think they are terrible at conceptualizing their setlist, flow and energy wise. Make the shit more equal, ffs... We too gave money to see you rock out, at YOUR OWN show.

The amount of negativity in this place is outstanding. They just played a hell of a show and people is moaning because they didn't play a similar set at the gig they atended.

Moaning never solved anything. Do something useful and sign a petition to release this show as disc 2 or whatever of the new 4K movie. So people can enjoy Montreux 2016 in their homes till their eyes bleed.

Mmmh, people are saying that they would be content with one or two rarities but most gigs got one or two of the following: Apocalypse Please, Take A Bow, Citizen Erased, Bliss, Defector, (Map of the Problematique), didn't they?

This board's default position is whining to bile and back to whining again.

It's pathetic.

This is why i keep trying to get musers of yore to come back here, because we all disagree on exactly what to bitch about but we're all massive bitches. A lot of musers left years back because of the whingebags who were negativing here back then. They went away to be more positive (but also bitch) elsewhere . The people bitching here got fed up and moved on with their lives. A whole new generation of fans signed up here... and commenced bitching.

Yeah, sure, we bitch a lot, but it's not like our criticism is 1. not constructive and 2. not justified, for the most part.

Trent Reznor gives equal weight to all his fans and it's highly unlikely you go to one of his gigs and not get a rarity, even if it falls flat. Same with Dir en grey. If anything the latter give more weighting to their hardcore fans, considering they do rarity club tours like twice a year...

Although interestingly, a few years ago NIN played their equivalent of Falling Away With You, i.e. old album track which hadn't been played live yet. The day it happened their board exploded, then the next day they were all like "ugh, same old same old". :LOL:

Mmmh, people are saying that they would be content with one or two rarities but most gigs got one or two of the following: Apocalypse Please, Take A Bow, Citizen Erased, Bliss, Defector, (Map of the Problematique), didn't they?

In Europe. And people were ok with those concerts. Most at least.

Yup, Dublin had Bliss, CE, Map, Take A Bow. Glasgow night 1 had all those + Stockholm. But of those were praised to no end by hardcores who were there.

Indeed, and like I said on FB just now all we've ever asked for from them all these years is 2/3 oldies/rarities, maybe even a 5-song section of them just for us! But they just don't listen. People are on at Matt all the time, holding up signs and he goes 'yeahyeahyeah' and then no response, just assumptions about what people really want, making it a black and white issue, as if he only has 2 options - a set of hits for the stadium rock 'nice night out' crowd OR a 'club set for the real fans'. When 1. differentiating between them like that is bollocks anyway because fans are fans ffs and you'll get all types of people at all the shows, and 2. it's SO DAMN SIMPLE just to put a 3-5 oldies section into every gig and you've got a blend of both 'options' and everyone's HAPPY.

Ten years we've been saying it.