Yeah for real, when it popped back up on the U.S. Leg this year everyone was like OMGSS MAP, I've seen it 4 out of 5 shows. If you would've told me 3 years ago that my next Muse show the big "rarity" we'd get would be MotP I would've probably said fuck off lol

I really wish Matt would just google "Muse setlist *insert city*" as he's writing them so he could remember what they got last time to give them something new this time.

It takes 30 seconds."Oh they got Map last time? Well here's Bliss/CE"

Yes I know. But if they didn't film the gigs nobody would ever see it would they? So it's a good thing.

I'm sorry. I must have forgotten about getting that pro-shot of the Zepp gig.

I did see Tom Tweeted about filming this one, so I'm sure we'll see a nice troll video mocking people for asking him about it, in a year or so.

it's quite funny, though -- strangely, the videos that get blocked the quickest are those containing footage of...B&H.

B&H has had some sort of filter on it, for some reason, for years.

Going back to '13 it was blocked immediately when it was put up after it was played once in the US, and it happened again when it was previously played this tour.

Not sure why that song in particular.

Something I find interesting, and no one's mentioned, is that they played double the amount of rarities tonight than they played at individual Psycho Tour gigs, even though most venues on Psycho were smaller than this, and it was obvious that it was going to be predominantly hardcore fans in attendance.

Tonight's set is really what I expected the Psycho Tour sets to be like.

Also kinda surprised Dead Star wasn't played.

Yeah have to agree with this. Looooovvveed the show in Webster hall, but I was surprised they didn't bust out a hyper music, or even the small print because they were doing some abso in the US. Perfect venue for that type of song, tho the floor may have collapsed lol

last month, i went to a gig where the band's setlist contained the top five songs of 'fan requests', selected as such per a vote on a dedicated website, where a gig-goer could vote for the songs he/she wanted to hear the most at the gig he/she was attending.

every song in the band's catalog was up for voting.

from gig to gig, the 'top five' differed. but the top five vote-getting songs for each gig always made their way into the setlist.

i thought was it a pretty good way to ensure that hardcore fans would leave feeling at least somewhat satisfied.

I really wish Matt would just google "Muse setlist *insert city*" as he's writing them so he could remember what they got last time to give them something new this time.

It takes 30 seconds."Oh they got Map last time? Well here's Bliss/CE"

That would be super convenient wouldn't it?

B&H has had some sort of filter on it, for some reason, for years.

Going back to '13 it was blocked immediately when it was put up after it was played once in the US, and it happened again when it was previously played this tour.

Not sure why that song in particular.

yeah. i knew about the filter...just didn't want to explain it at the time, lol.

the ppl at warner suck, in any event.

still, not a problem that a proxy IP can't solve haha.

You seem surprised that his falsetto has weakened over 14 years? Either way, it was out of this world at Download just last year. He's fine performing it every now and again so long as it isn't too late in the set (like it was today).

Not sure how it relates to Showbiz, considering that doesn't rely anywhere near as much on falsetto. Hoping they never play a song again just because he might struggle with the last few seconds of it is a bit silly anyway though imo.

Suprised!.I think it's weird,how old is he?37,38,and he doesn't sing the falsetto after the guitarpart anymore.If it's to late in the set,play it earlier in the set or don;t play it at all.

Ever wonder{,after so many requests}why they don't play Showbiz?.

I,m glad that I became a muse fan 17 years ago- I've seen the best gigs with the best setlists.

I'm sure many would still enjoy the song live without it. As they have for 5 tours now.

I'm sure they do but I enjoy it with it.Its a part of the song and it's very beautifull if you can sing so high.

So, if we're wrong, and the FB and reddit fans are in fact correct, and Muse is doing what makes them happy during the arena gigs...

Matt has just admitted that he believes 99% of his "fans" at gigs don't even bother listening to the albums, or anything other than the big radio hits. This includes Drones, because we all know those songs also went down like a wet fart, including Dead Inside.

Isn't that a bit depressing...?

I don't really WANT to believe that's the sort of fanbase they're happy with, people showing up for SMBH, Madness and Starlight, and can't be assed to listen to an album. Are they really fans if they don't bother listening, and can't applaud and enjoy a song they didn't make time to listen to?

So, what do these people want me to believe? That I should be happy Muse has sold out so badly that they're content to scowl at their shoes through a whole gig of tourists for a million dollars a night because it's their right to do so?

I feel like these "positive" people have a really glum outlook when you get down to it.

I want to read into Matt's defensive Tweets that he's at least slightly concerned about the idea of losing the fans that actually care about his music. But, I'm known for reading too much into things.

I'm not going to do it this time.

And at least we already have proof that not a single thing he said there is ever going to happen, so no crushed hopes there.

It's so sad that all it would have taken was quitting being so delicate, and pulling out a "deep track" or two each gig, and playing fair with everyone.

I wish he'd never said anything at all. Now I'm depressed over the band all over again.

The amount of negativity in this place is outstanding. They just played a hell of a show and people is moaning because they didn't play a similar set at the gig they atended.

Moaning never solved anything. Do something useful and sign a petition to release this show as disc 2 or whatever of the new 4K movie. So people can enjoy Montreux 2016 in their homes till their eyes bleed.

Yes, because petitions are super, SUPER successful.

And people did do something useful; they bitched on Twitter so badly that Matt responded to it. He defended his decision to not play a single rare song at their arena gigs. Going to go out on a limb and say a petition isn't going to sway him.

And the issue isn't being able to see this gig released; the issue is that Muse has now openly admitted they have no interest in treating their fans fairly.

I can watch videos of these songs from other gigs all day long, and most probably performed better.

People want to have the chance to see ONE of these kinds of songs in person.

And the "negative" people still aren't demanding this setlist and costumes (super cheesy anyways,) at all their gigs... Just that the band, again, treats its fans fairly and puts a "deep cut" or rarity or two into EVERY gig. (Or none, if that's the decision.)

Putting all these songs in one set, and none at all in most of the tour, is stupid and disrespectful to people who pay to go see them. OF COURSE fans are going to be upset seeing a setlist like this happen when the band doesn't play any of this stuff on their entire tour.

At a big expensive Muse Tour, they refuse and cater to what the band has admitted are casual fans... but then at a small gig with the same crowd, they get everything.

Such stupid, stupid logic.

Either do a mix of small and large gigs not just in one damn area or make your arena gigs consistent.

And the "negative" people still aren't demanding this setlist and costumes (super cheesy anyways,) at all their gigs... Just that the band, again, treats its fans fairly and puts a "deep cut" or rarity or two into EVERY gig. (Or none, if that's the decision.)

Putting all these songs in one set, and none at all in most of the tour, is stupid and disrespectful to people who pay to go see them. OF COURSE fans are going to be upset seeing a setlist like this happen when the band doesn't play any of this stuff on their entire tour.

At a big expensive Muse Tour, they refuse and cater to what the band has admitted are casual fans... but then at a small gig with the same crowd, they get everything.

Such stupid, stupid logic.

Exactly. Take the proper rarities played at the gig - Assassin, Hyper Music, Agitated, Micro Cuts, Futurism, Fury, The Groove. Playing even ONE of those at every show would improve the experience for long-time fans of the band immensely. It's especially a kick in the teeth when one gig gets all of them in one and the next 20 or so don't even get one of them. Smaller crowds don't always equal more 'hardcore' fans like ffs Muse just weight your setlists even just a little bit more evenly.

Edited by heyjackk

It's no coincidence he was on Twitter tonight. He knew we'd all be salty as fuck.

Get over the negative vs positive thing because everyone bitches about muse. Even those people who've been to hundreds of gigs will have a moan, if not here then somewhere else. It's part of being a fan of these absolutely infuriating... knobsworths

Edited by Gemsy

Mmmh, people are saying that they would be content with one or two rarities but most gigs got one or two of the following: Apocalypse Please, Take A Bow, Citizen Erased, Bliss, Defector, (Map of the Problematique), didn't they?

Suprised!.I think it's weird,how old is he?37,38,and he doesn't sing the falsetto after the guitarpart anymore.If it's to late in the set,play it earlier in the set or don;t play it at all.

Ever wonder{,after so many requests}why they don't play Showbiz?.

I,m glad that I became a muse fan 17 years ago- I've seen the best gigs with the best setlists.

37-38 IS when the voice generally tends to begin deteriorating. Nothing weird about it. And the fact that he's not singing one of his highest notes ever recorded is pretty understandable, especially when he didn't even sing it on a regular basis back in 2002.

And no, we don't wonder, because Matt has already explained why.