Something I find interesting, and no one's mentioned, is that they played double the amount of rarities tonight than they played at individual Psycho Tour gigs, even though most venues on Psycho were smaller than this, and it was obvious that it was going to be predominantly hardcore fans in attendance.

Tonight's set is really what I expected the Psycho Tour sets to be like.

Also kinda surprised Dead Star wasn't played.

Some fans just met Dom and he told them they can "expect some changes to the setlist tonight".

I'm really getting excited now. Can't wait to see them do something crazy like swap the positions of Plug in Baby and Supermassive.

lol

Muse are cunts. Stuff like this is why I basically stopped caring about them.

lol

yes

Same goes for a lot of the festivals

Something I find interesting, and no one's mentioned, is that they played double the amount of rarities tonight than they played at individual Psycho Tour gigs, even though most venues on Psycho were smaller than this, and it was obvious that it was going to be predominantly hardcore fans in attendance.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/werchterpark-werchter-belgium-3bf6bca0.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/donington-park-castle-donington-england-bc93dbe.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/la-prairie-de-kerampuilh-carhaix-plouguer-france-3bf6dc38.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/tornava-seinajoki-finland-2bc97036.html

Yeah that was basically my rant, I got two rarities at my psycho gig, which was amazing, but this is a whole other level of amazing. They've blates done it on purpose.

Yeah that was basically my rant, I got two rarities at my psycho gig, which was amazing, but this is a whole other level of amazing. They've blates done it on purpose.

Brighton I'm guessing?

My friend was so pissed off about that gig. Futurism was on the set but crossed off and Dead Inside was written beside it.

We were supposed to get two until the Hyper Music signs went up and got the longest set of the Psycho Tour run. Wasn't meant to happen though.

Not counting New Born/Animals though since those were both played at the 2013 gigs here and Bliss has been played 2007/2010/2013 (and was supposed to be played in 2015 but they crossed it out and played PiB instead)

I personally don't see much wrong with that Micro Cuts. Seems like a great performance overall. Vocal wise it doesn't seem too much different to RW or Downloads performances*

*I know fuck all about vocals.

Honestly the quality kinda hides how bad he really sounds at times. Like here

and here
He's rough as hell.

And he also "misses" the cue for every climb up to the G5 in the chorus because he needs extra time to breathe. But of course this is to be expected when you're singing the hardest falsetto song you have, 15 years after its release.

Brighton I'm guessing?

My friend was so pissed off about that gig. Futurism was on the set but crossed off and Dead Inside was written beside it.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

WHYyyyyyy :'( i hate these bastards

The crowd...

That crowd reaction clearly proves what Matt said to be kinda moot. That's a club, and people still aren't losing their shit to rarities. I don't really see the appeal in UD falling flat on it's face and everyone being bored, instead of Hyper Music falling flat on it's face but at least the 100 or so hardcore fans are pleased (at arena gigs).

That's my big problem with this whole thing.

I know that Matt was just arguing to try and cover his ass (the bit about having 3 festivals there proves it; because, man, you had 6-7 gigs in some cities...,) but he didn't think through what he was saying at all.

If 99% of the crowd doesn't know these songs, then 99% of the Jazz Fest didn't either.

Being in a small venue doesn't skew those demographics in the slightest, especially at a festival you haven't said was meant to be special. (Didn't someone say Glasto was going to be special...?)

I'd love to know why he thinks these songs went over better at these small clubs, because we can see they didn't.

And only in certain geographic areas, of course.

Let's not forget, like Sam said, the two US club gigs really sucked compared to their counterparts. Proving that Matt doesn't even believe we have a 1%.

When Repaers reach its peak at #2? And when last Muse concert in US?

They promote BH&R and didn't success in US, but when TR promotion, they get high chart in US....

It was a couple of months ago.

TR rode on the success of post-Twilight BHaR; and the promotion of the band completely died afterwards in the US.

Let's not forget, like Sam said, the two US club gigs really sucked compared to their counterparts. Proving that Matt doesn't even believe we have a 1%.

To be fair, do we? My friends from the Absolution/BH&R days think I'm insane for playing against the odds they give us.

Also, a sizable portion of the audience that got tickets for the Mayan were people that stopped going to the arena shows after The Resistance came out.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

To be fair, do we? My friends from the Absolution/BH&R days think I'm insane for playing against the odds they give us.

Also, a sizable portion of the audience that got tickets for the Mayan were people that stopped going to the arena shows after The Resistance came out.

Do we have a 1%? Of course we do.

I waited in line for Philly for over six hours, and I was about 200th in line when I got there, not counting the VIPs who didn't have to wait.

I'm going to hazard a guess that at least half of those had likely listened to Muse's catalogue....

At Philly and DC there was a huge sing a long to TiRO which, while a hit, is pre Muse getting popular here, and there was a strong response when Map started.

Question, at what point does a rarity stop being a rarity for an area that has had it consistently on every tour? People were acting like MotP was some big thing because it showed up on this tour in Las Vegas (where it has been played in 2007/2010/2013/2016)

Yeah for real, when it popped back up on the U.S. Leg this year everyone was like OMGSS MAP, I've seen it 4 out of 5 shows. If you would've told me 3 years ago that my next Muse show the big "rarity" we'd get would be MotP I would've probably said fuck off lol

This setlist is just a further kick in the teeth if they really don't come to Australia at all..

Fury -> Butterflies -> The Groove -> Assassin

I would eat my own left arm for that run of songs.

Good to see Matt responding to 'criticism' on Twitter in a pretty mature manner though.

Yeah for real, when it popped back up on the U.S. Leg this year everyone was like OMGSS MAP, I've seen it 4 out of 5 shows. If you would've told me 3 years ago that my next Muse show the big "rarity" we'd get would be MotP I would've probably said fuck off lol

I think it was more the fact it looks like such a fantastic live song. I'd absolutely take Map over half of their more poppy songs but maybe that's just because I've never gotten to see it.

Do we have a 1%? Of course we do.

I waited in line for Philly for over six hours, and I was about 200th in line when I got there, not counting the VIPs who didn't have to wait.

I'm going to hazard a guess that at least half of those had likely listened to Muse's catalogue....

At Philly and DC there was a huge sing a long to TiRO which, while a hit, is pre Muse getting popular here, and there was a strong response when Map started.

when i was at newark , the people around were expecting plug in baby, and more songs from absolution actually , ah when prelude started some people thought survival was next :LOL:

Woah! What the hell happened tonight?!?! Ever since someone posted that interview with Matt and Dom earlier I was thinking something a bit special might happen (like a song or two). But this... this is just insane :awesome:!