#bringbackdealerschoice

Just like everywhere else, including places where they did bring out rarities.

Lol at this logic. Muse brought out a few rarities in the beginning of the US tour, and they didn't go over well at all, so they stopped. They thought it would be better in Europe, but it wasn't really, aside from a few exceptions, so they stopped that too. It's not like they could have known before they tried. You guys are literally bending over backwards to make your logic work.

Now they wanted to try something differently, and you guys are making damn sure it won't happen again.

That would actually be fair i think.
How is it fair? It's good for us because the majority won't "ruin" it for us by picking the hits, but it is in no way fair simply because it's what we want.

Now they wanted to try something differently, and you guys are making damn sure it won't happen again.

That's exactly what I was just saying to Tahnee. It's understandable that people get frustrated, but I imagine it will just make Bellamy more distant and even less inclined to play the songs.

In fairness he seems to be looking past that and is responding well to the constructive criticism.

There doesn't need to be a board-only vote. All he has to do is, the night before a gig say "hey for tomorrow's gig would you rather hear futurism or fury? fav for fury, rt for futurism".

Not when you've just played all those rarities to a festival crowd.

That's it exactly. Everything Matt said might be true, but he's using it to justify playing that set list to a crowd that still 99% didn't know the songs. So what's the difference?

Smaller venue does not mean it's full of hardcores.

In the case of Psycho Tour it just meant more hardcores couldn't get in.

The problem here is basically that if Muse are gonna keep doing the special gigs thing, it can't be a gamble. You can't have the Paris show being just like the rest of the tour, only to do a special gig a week later. There are fans who travel a long way and pay a lot of money for a change to see a Muse show that is something special. So when you're a band who don't really surprise people very often, it should probably be expressed. Either you're a band who can make every show special or different, or you should make it clear when it happens, otherwise people will be disappointed.

I guess we represent a portion of Muse's hardcore fans somehow :LOL:

Don't we? Go talk to a random fan in a queue or read the subreddit or the tweets. People who are passionate about things are generally more involved about those that are not.

Having a board requirement at least eliminates a lot of votes for Knights of Cydonia and Uprising.

I can see what people are saying but, thankfully, I don't think Matt seems discouraged at all. His last tweet reiterated that he likes the idea of doing a rarity tour with voted setlists but just needs to work out how to do it. Normally, I wouldn't put much stock in it but he said it a few times and seems to have really taken in what people have said.

Hopefully this whole thing results in this finally happening. The logistics really shouldn't be hard to work out, it'd just be a shame if it was restricted to one country again.

I can see what people are saying but, thankfully, I don't think Matt seems discouraged at all. His last tweet reiterated that he likes the idea of doing a rarity tour with voted setlists but just needs to work out how to do it. Normally, I wouldn't put much stock in it but he said it a few times and seems to have really taken in what people have said.

Hopefully this whole thing results in this finally happening. The logistics really shouldn't be hard to work out, it'd just be a shame if it was restricted to one country again.

All I ask for is 24 hours notice before tickets go on sale.

In fairness he seems to be looking past that and is responding well to the constructive criticism.

There doesn't need to be a board-only vote. All he has to do is, the night before a gig say "hey for tomorrow's gig would you rather hear futurism or fury? fav for fury, rt for futurism".

That is a fantastic idea. One rare song a night is all it would take.

Fair play to Matt responding to people. The majority are being arseholes sadly, giving him grief is only going to make him not want to play more rare songs. :(

All I ask for is 24 hours notice before tickets go on sale.

Oh god, don't. When you mentioned heart failure earlier, I instantly had flashbacks to the Psycho Tour sale :LOL:

Yeah, pls don't do that again, Muse. I get that it's cool to surprise people but there's personal health to consider here.