And? Are you proposing that guys that went to this show should pay more because they got better setlist?

now that would be some shizz: charging an additional fee on patrons upon exit based on the quality of the setlist.

i like it.

Not only did the US get shafted with the VIP experience, Reapers was dropped, Bliss was dropped, CE was dropped, Stockholm/Take a Bow weren't played in favor of Resistance/Undisclosed Desires throughout the whole leg.

Travel is longer, more grueling and far more expensive. Lodging is more expensive. Public transit is nearly non-existent and when we finally get to the show, it's the same thing every night with Feeling Good/Apocalypse Please being the rotations where Reapers is considered a rarity. Not to mention people staying in sub-zero weather only to get 16 songs versus the 17 standard everywhere else.

T2L was the first tour where the US got treated somewhat comparably. I guess TR's fall leg was too, so yeah, there's years of fucking bullshit coming out when they do something like this to a festival crowd which is literally the "why aren't they playing Madness" crowd used to justify why they don't play these songs at their own shows.

And? Are you proposing that guys that went to this show should pay more because they got better setlist?

I think he's saying everyone should be treated equally.

It costs like $1800 to go from where I live to the UK in flights for one.

And I could have still ended up at Belfast.

I'm gonna go ahead and call this the most confusing case of Muse logic ever. That I can think of, at least.

- Refuse to play god knows how many fan favourites/requests on their own arena tour because people won't know them or jump around enough

- Whip literally every single rarity under the sun out at a festival where maybe 30 people will know what's happening while the rest of the crowd is absolutely dead

It actually hurts my brain.

Uh, technically they're still going to play smaller venues along with bigger gigs next time, so...

It might turn out to be a win-win for casuals and hardcore fans alike.

I'm calling bullshit on that tbh. Haven't they talked about doing that for ages?

I'm gonna go ahead and call this the most confusing case of Muse logic ever. That I can think of, at least.

- Refuse to play god knows how many fan favourites/requests on their own arena tour because people won't know them or jump around enough

- Whip literally every single rarity under the sun out at a festival where maybe 30 people will know what's happening while the rest of the crowd is absolutely dead

It actually hurts my brain.

I'm calling bullshit on that tbh. Haven't they talked about doing that for ages?

Yes. Since before TR.

So? Did Muse make you pay for that? If you know that it is going to happen then go to Europe and see 2-3 shows. It must be cheaper than 20 in USA. Yes, it's a dick move to not have good setlists in USA but if you know something is going to happen and you pay for it, it's kinda your fault.

We didn't know it was going to happen. That's the fucking problem. The festivals were fantastic. The intimate venues were fantastic. T2L's tour was fantastic, and by the time those Mexico gigs happened, people had their hotel/flights reserved and tickets in hand.

We had every reason to buy tickets expecting something comparable to those things, but in both set length and quality, it took a nosedive even compared to US standards.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

It's not like I went to the tour expecting Fury or costumes. One just wouldn't have expected literally NOTHING but hits and Drones stuff after those great festivals.

There's no logic playing even CE, MC level stuff to a festival crowd and then flat out refusing to do so at your own gigs. Refusing to the point Matt backed out of simple requests like CE.

Also before people start using the "intimate venue" as an excuse, the Montreux Jazz Festival is played to about 1500 people less than the crowds they were playing to in some of the United States arenas.

Also before people start using the "intimate venue" as an excuse, the Montreux Jazz Festival is played to about 1500 people less than the crowds they were playing to in some of the United States arenas.

That's not true. Capacity of Auditorium Stravinski is 3500 and they never had less than 6,714 people in arenas in USA

Right after the release of Zepp and just before the release of Half-life 3

Edit: Matt is so cute when he's trying to defend it

Edited by Alesi08

That's not true. Capacity of Auditorium Stravinski is 3500 and they never had less than 6,714 people in arenas in USA

Wasn't Jobbing.com arena roughly 5500? I was at that gig and it wasn't exactly packed.

Wasn't Jobbing.com arena roughly 5500? I was at that gig and it wasn't exactly packed.

No official numbers from that show. Could be true tho. Checked some videos. It's empty :LOL: But still, it's not the same. That venue still has 15k capacity and this one does not

This mentality of a handful of people getting everything and screwing over 10,000 fans a night at your own gig is so, so fucked up.

This ^, I don't even know what to think, after people pay for flights , high tickets price to see them , and not even getting bliss or ce ... ,