I bet it's being filmed for the DVD as extras or something to show "Hey, we're playing a small venue/obscure material to a bunch of hardcore fans! This is representative of our tour!"

You know Matts just going to put up a clip of Knights in IG and promise to show more later. That never happens.

No one will ever see any of this.

Sorry, I guess I've come across the point a bit roughly. :(

I didn't want to be inappropriate, I was just honestly shocked that a hardcore fan like you could choose an Euro2016 gig over a historical venue like Montreux, where the guys were almost certainly due to play a brain-melting set.

It's fine, you've not got anything to apologise for :chuckle:

Thing is, like ADL said, there wasn't really precedent for this being some mental, Zepp-tier gig. No more so than Paris or Glasto anyway imo.

Why can't you just be happy for people there?

Like I said, I'd love to praise this. It just comes across as such a dick move.

I somewhat did. Because, c'mon, we should already know they love this kind of intimate venue so much, where they seem to directly feed from the audience's energy.

Then play the fucking intimate venues. They're only selling a thousand more tickets than they did in the 2006 amphitheaters here anyways, so fuck the production, go back to the smaller venues and for bigger cities, play something like the Greek Theater for a week.

They're the ones deciding to do this 360 stuff where everything down to the movement of the band is rehearsed because of the overproduction so I don't like treating them like the "tortured artists being forced to play Madison Square Garden"

This mentality of a handful of people getting everything and screwing over 10,000 fans a night at your own gig is so, so fucked up.

What could possibly be the mentality behind this?

"Uhhh, you know radiation from mobile phones is actually absorbing our thoughts and feeding them back to the government"

You know Matts just going to put up a clip of Knights in IG and promise to show more later. That never happens.

No one will ever see any of this.

switzerland has a pretty stable economy.

surely someone in attendance at the venue has a decent device that is, at a minimum, actively capturing HQ audio...lol.

...we hope.

either that, or we can wait for crappy youtube videos that warner will block an hour later after upload.

Then play the fucking intimate venues. They're only selling a thousand more tickets than they did in the 2006 amphitheaters here anyways, so fuck the production, go back to the smaller venues and for bigger cities, play something like the Greek Theater for a week.

They're the ones deciding to do this 360 stuff where everything down to the movement of the band is rehearsed because of the overproduction so I don't like treating them like the "tortured artists being forced to play Madison Square Garden"

It really does feel like they hate playing their own large gigs, and their energy reflects that.

Still a dick move to grab a million dollars a night and take it out on the fans.

I just need to face that the band I loved is dead. (Or was always assholes, I suppose.)

So much melodrama.

We're talking about people who used their paid time off and thousands of dollars to follow a band that practically did the same set fifteen times (sometimes even dropping down from 17 songs to 16), went up North to Canada, immediately got better, came back down, went to shit until the last show of the US tour and then went to Europe where they got good again.

It's nonsense.

switzerland has a pretty stable economy.

surely someone in attendance at the venue has a decent device that is, at a minimum, actively capturing HQ audio...lol.

...we hope.

either that, or we can wait for crappy youtube videos that warner will block an hour later after upload.

Matt does have a massive, misguided, boner for Switzerland.

And you know, I really don't care about the videos anymore.

I just want to see one of these good songs in person, without the band scowling at us or insulting us.

If you're dumb enough to spend that much money on a band, the consequences are on your own damn head.

That would be a valid thing to say, if you weren't required to go to 50 shows to get a decent one.

Also, some people didn't have shows in their area so they had to fly somewhere that did (in a country where airfares are significantly higher than Europe) so I could easily see how someone could spend $800 and get a 16 song extremely mediocre set here.

Uh, technically they're still going to play an increased number of smaller venues along with bigger gigs next time, so...

It might turn out to be a win-win for casuals and hardcore fans alike.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

That would be a valid thing to say, if you weren't required to go to 50 shows to get a decent one.

Also, some people didn't have shows in their area so they had to fly somewhere that did (in a country where airfares are significantly higher than Europe) so I could easily see how someone could spend $800 and get a 16 song extremely mediocre set here.

54a78a9754dec_-_cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Not when there's people who did 20 shows in the US and got less variation than two or three shows in Europe. It's fucking ridiculous.

Generally speaking, I could have picked one of the European gigs at random and been infinitely happier than what I got at my six. They'll play this to a bunch of random people but they won't play one or two of these songs to their own fucking fans?

So? Did Muse make you pay for that? If you know that it is going to happen then go to Europe and see 2-3 shows. It must be cheaper than 20 in USA. Yes, it's a dick move to not have good setlists in USA but if you know something is going to happen and you pay for it, it's kinda your fault.

Heeeeeeere we go.

They're playing a shit ton of songs THEY KNOW that fans like us want to hear. But they refuse to play them. Then go play them at a fucking festival where the vast majority of people have no idea what they're hearing because they're so obscure. But they wont play this shit at their own gigs, even one of them.

So yeah I'm so fucking happy for the people there who every five seconds are asking "whats this this isnt madness is it?"

This is not a regular festival. There are not many casual fans in there. If they are dead, that's because it's in Switzerland, not because they are not fans :LOL:

I spend good money for their concerts.

And? Are you proposing that guys that went to this show should pay more because they got better setlist?

Uh, technically they're still going to play smaller venues along with bigger gigs next time, so...

It might turn out to be a win-win for casuals and hardcore fans alike.

Matt has been saying that since '08. He's blowing it out his ass.

At best they'll play another small gig in LA, release 500 tickets, and everyone will say "should have gone to that gig" like it was even an option.