Crowd looks pretty dead in videos.

Seriously wondering what warranted this set.

You've seen several of these get off the ledge.

I know, I know

but I was this close :(

You gave over Montreux for an obviously "commercial" event aimed to casual listeners?!

I looked on the website for MJF, literally about to buy tickets, and read something about the festival being spread over different venues? Knowing my anxiety would already be through the roof with travelling abroad for the first time and being by myself in a foreign country, I figured it wasn't worth the extra stress if true and said 'meh, it's a festival, what's the worst I could miss'.

Paris seemed easier and also had a teeny bit of potential to be special. Kill me.

The fact that they refuse to play ONE of these songs at their own arena gigs (or even CE or Bliss if you're US) and then they do shit like this for no reason is indeed a dick move.

Yup.

If I was there I'd be kind of bummed that they didn't play The Handler though lol.

This reminds me of all the pricks who voted for PiB and TiRO and Knights etc in the setlist polls because "its not a muse gig without those songs".

I know, I know

but I was this close :(

I looked on the website for MJF, literally about to buy tickets, and read something about the festival being spread over different venues? Knowing my anxiety would already be through the roof with travelling abroad for the first time and being by myself in a foreign country, I figured it wasn't worth the extra stress if true and said 'meh, it's a festival, what's the worst I could miss'.

Paris seemed easier and also had a teeny bit of potential to be special. Kill me.

Sorry, I guess I've come across the point a bit roughly. :(

I didn't want to be inappropriate, I was just honestly shocked that a hardcore fan like you could choose an Euro2016 gig over a historical venue like Montreux, where the guys were almost certainly due to play a brain-melting set.

Yup.

This reminds me of all the pricks who voted for PiB and TiRO and Knights etc in the setlist polls because "its not a muse gig without those songs".

Well no that was retard casuals who don't know that those songs are guarantees over a decade later still. I'm saying if this was the one Muse show I went to this tour TH would be the only song I'd be really bummed to have not heard. And Dead Inside too I guess. The rest of the usuals I've already seen 4 times.

Why can't you just be happy for people there?

Not when there's people who did 20 shows in the US and got less variation than two or three shows in Europe. It's fucking ridiculous.

Generally speaking, I could have picked one of the European gigs at random and been infinitely happier than what I got at my six. They'll play this to a bunch of random people but they won't play one or two of these songs to their own fucking fans?

Why can't you just be happy for people there?

Heeeeeeere we go.

They're playing a shit ton of songs THEY KNOW that fans like us want to hear. But they refuse to play them. Then go play them at a fucking festival where the vast majority of people have no idea what they're hearing because they're so obscure. But they wont play this shit at their own gigs, even one of them.

So yeah I'm so fucking happy for the people there who every five seconds are asking "whats this this isnt madness is it?"