Most people don't care about setlist order in the way the setlist thread does. But the crowd does respond to energy. Having a back and forth between energetic and slow song keeps energy from ever rolling. Similarly the long dull sections in the middle just put people to sleep and it can't come back once the set starts kicking up again.

Download was not a shining example of a well structured setlist but no one gave a shit since it was just one power song after another.

Download was not a shining example of a well structured setlist but no one gave a shit since it was just one power song after another.

I thought Download was really well structured tbh, though in a pretty simple way (super energetic start > pop songs when you're knackered > build up to big finish). Probably the best flowing Muse gig I've been to, apart from maybe LCCC.

Due to the small venue tonight and the fact that Dom mentioned there will be no big production, can we expect some rarities like...let's say Fury or a Psycho Tour setlist-stylelike?

There's potential for something interesting, considering the venue and the festival. I'm expecting something pretty standard though, maybe one or two unexpected songs but nowt too crazy. Definitely not Psycho Tour-level.

And without their big screens they can't really play Globalist imo (and to some extend Handler too).

Globalist + Drones will probably be missed (thank god) but The Handler should be fine, it doesn't really require the visuals and it's been played without them before iirc.

Most people don't care about setlist order in the way the setlist thread does. But the crowd does respond to energy. Having a back and forth between energetic and slow song keeps energy from ever rolling. Similarly the long dull sections in the middle just put people to sleep and it can't come back once the set starts kicking up again.

Of course, more and more as time goes on, that boring middle section is what the fans there are actually looking forward to.

It felt more like they were getting some of the new stuff "out of the way" before driving into the big fan favorites.

I would have still thought it better to spread that stuff out, so even those people aren't bored during other parts of the set.

Some fans just met Dom and he told them they can "expect some changes to the setlist tonight".

I'm really getting excited now. Can't wait to see them do something crazy like swap the positions of Plug in Baby and Supermassive.

Lol just saw some video on Instagram of Matt meeting fans and he asks one "any requests?" And the girl goes new born?? And matts response is "ohhhh noo not that one" lol :LOL: what was he hoping she'd ask for, hysteria??

Edit: although rewatching the video, I didn't catch the first time due to matts 150 mph speech he says after "we'll definitely play some old ones though" lol plug in baby or bliss?

Edited by yoyonco10

Did Matt really ask someone if they had a request? :LOL:

At least he nutted up this time and said no, I guess.

I thought that :chuckle: Guessing it's a fan whose met them a few times and usually requests something?

Slightly surprised that he's still that bored of New Born, 'specially considering they've only played it like twice(?) since the T2L Tour.

I thought that :chuckle: Guessing it's a fan whose met them a few times and usually requests something?

Slightly surprised that he's still that bored of New Born, 'specially considering they've only played it like twice(?) since the T2L Tour.

8 times. And was dropped when Handler came out live. Poor Dom :LOL: He can't have these two at the same time (I mean, he wanted to play handler very early on the tour and he mentioned few weeks ago that he wanted new born to come back if I remember)

Yeah, he clearly recognized her. Maybe you're right.

I wonder what his deal is with New Born now.

I'm not buying he's tired of it when they play the same pile of bored old songs night after night.

I'd say maybe he realized the lyrics were embarassing, but they play Psycho and Defector... :chuckle: