I prefer the piano versión myself. My biggest dissapointment from later tours is how they don't play 3 or 4 piano songs in a row, which is a shame because Matt is a great player, they don't need to go all hardcore with Space Dementia, but a three slot of Sunburn / Ruled by Secrecy / Eurasia will be highly appreciated. Even the lullaby Explorers is nice here and there.

But she's a woman so she's meant to be a simpering demure little thing grateful for all the menz who produce her records :yesey:

I obviously have nothing but respect for a woman who's not afraid to casually swear. :LOL:

And yeah, what you said is exactly it, and I can't believe it's still going on. Like, it's hit the US news. Protect your kids, sell your tickets!

Ugh

I prefer the piano versión myself. My biggest dissapointment from later tours is how they don't play 3 or 4 piano songs in a row, which is a shame because Matt is a great player, they don't need to go all hardcore with Space Dementia, but a three slot of Sunburn / Ruled by Secrecy / Eurasia will be highly appreciated. Even the lullaby Explorers is nice here and there.

With the band apparently increasingly worrying about crowd reaction, it's hard to justify the piano section, because it seems to sort of kill the gigs.

You go from a front man not talking to you or looking at you (and in the case of the last tour, not facing you,) to him not even playing towards the audience, and being tucked away on the stage.

I enjoy watching him play, but it's not very engaging for the crowd.

I was surprised at how completely 'meh' I was about AP, a song I'd really hoped to get, because I physically couldn't see Matt at all, and it wasn't really any better than listening to it playback.

Plus, like everyone says, it's not going to be RBS and Hoodoo... it's going to be a three song run of FG, Eurasia and Explorers.

I'd rather they throw in one Bliss, CE or Map or something.

I love the 2006 version so much (despite the guitar tone). But maybe simply because Matt likes to mash all the keys on the piano during the solo.

That was hands down my favorite live performance of that song. It blended what was great about both piano and guitar versions of the song.

This is still my favourite version of that song. Maybe it went out the window because a lot of people at the time were worried that Matt was no longer going to play piano.

Interesting its not just me then.

I'd like to see it given another go, and it probably would have a better guitar tone now. But then again I do like seeing Matt hit all the piano keys for a solo, just because. It went down surprisingly well at the O2 earlier this year.

I don't think you really remember how dreadful Explorers was live.

After Knights of Cydonia at Shepherd's Bush, which was a fantastically raucous rendition and similar moshpit, it was a much appreciated cool-down. At the 2012 O2 gig it was alright, but not a stand-out.

Space Dementia is a good shout-out - was awesome at Reading 2011. I'm more gutted I missed out on Apocalypse Please tbh.

I've only just started feeling normal again after Glastonbury, what an amazing six days.

I do think Muse were excellent but their show needed a 'moment' to really make it stand out. What's all this about them doing Back in Black with a special guest? Shame it never happened.

Overall it was a great 8/10 performance for me, but the setlist wasn't as strong as it could have been. It's a shame they had to include/waste time with Isolated System, the jam and The Globalist though, they should have replaced those with New Born, Bliss and Feeling Good and kept the intensity high throughout. They could have even swapped The Handler imo.

I agree completely about The Handler, I said the same thing. I like the song but to me it doesn't need to be played at their bigger more "commercial" shows like Glasto and the Eiffel Tower gig. Play an old favorite like New born or something that the crowd will have a bigger reaction to

That's what I used Madness for at the O2 gig. Though that might have partly been down to the dodgy Subway eaten on the way to London.

Nice, were you at night 2 for the O2 T2L? I think once the beer starting kicking in I used Isolated System for my 2nd pee break, Falling Down piano for the win though 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Nice, were you at night 2 for the O2 T2L? I think once the beer starting kicking in I used Isolated System for my 2nd pee break, Falling Down piano for the win though 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

I was, yeah. Stayed for the whole thing. T2L songs and Falling Down piano were good but oldies felt stale with earplugs until they were removed for encore (state of ears means not done at any since), then the encore blew the rest of it out of the water.

I never got a chance to see Explorers live, so I can't compare it fairly to FG. I like Explorers a lot better on album, though, so I can't see why I wouldn't like it better live.

As for The Handler, it's pretty much the stand out favorite of the album, and already (over) rated very highly in comparison to their entire catalogue. It would be a bitch move to not play it on this tour.

Also, one of the engaging bits of visuals.

I agree completely about The Handler, I said the same thing. I like the song but to me it doesn't need to be played at their bigger more "commercial" shows like Glasto and the Eiffel Tower gig. Play an old favorite like New born or something that the crowd will have a bigger reaction to

I was honestly expecting an oldie, with it being france an' all