Has anybody ever had to collect their ticket but were not the cardholder? The o2 in London has some stupid rules and I'm trying to figure out how to go around it. Please, help if you know anything.

I have to do this today so I'll let you know what happens. I was told that all I need is a photocopy of the card and it would be okay.

More stuff about last night;

Re: drum stick. Dom pointed and nodded at me and threw it. Everyone saw this including security. The girl beside me slapped it away before I caught it and it landed on the floor in front of the barrier. The arena security guy went to give it to me but one of the Muse roadies was like "no leave it there!!" and arena guy was like "but he said he was giving it to this guy!" then they argued for a few secs and went away. I saw the roadie again and pointed at it and he mouthed "NO!!!" in the most pissed off face I've ever seen. At the end of Knights the arena guy came up and handed it to me and said how much of a wanker the roadie was.

Before CE Matt said something along the lines of "first time we played this in Dublin". They also didn't stop after the first quite part, he went straight into the riff but it did have a false start at the beginning.

Munich Jam is so much better than it was on the festival tour.

The Globalist is just kinda there. The middle section was okay but it's so much more apparent live that the song is a massive anti climax.

Edited by ryanp16

Re: drum stick. Dom pointed and nodded at me and threw it. Everyone saw this including security. The girl beside me slapped it away before I caught it and it landed on the floor in front of the barrier. The arena security guy went to give it to me but one of the Muse roadies was like "no leave it there!!" and arena guy was like "but he said he was giving it to this guy!" then they argued for a few secs and went away. I saw the roadie again and pointed at it and he mouthed "NO!!!" in the most pissed off face I've ever seen. At the end of Knights the arena guy came up and handed it to me and said how much of a wanker the roadie was.

lmao what a nob

Wonder why he had such a problem with it if he planned on just leaving it there anyway :rolleyes: Let alone the fact that the guy in the band he works for threw it.

lmao what a nob

Wonder why he had such a problem with it if he planned on just leaving it there anyway :rolleyes: Let alone the fact that the guy in the band he works for threw it.

Ikr

Also there was no Dance of the Knights before Drones.

Good set there yesterday. Thanks for the reviews, good to hear his singing was better. And congrats on the drumstick ;).

Ikr

Also there was no Dance of the Knights before Drones.

This makes me sad though :(. I was really looking forward to that, hope they get it back.

That story of the drumstick reminds me of how I got one of Chris' picks on Sunday in London.

I was at the barrier and at the end of the gig he stood in front of us, I started waving my hands to catch his attention and when he saw me, I pointed at the picks in the microphone. He took them and threw one at me. It fell on the other side of the barrier and I had to stretch my arm to pick it up. It was physically painful but worth it.

To be fair, we had a good setlist in London. My disappointment came the day after when I read that was the first time they played Feeling good in this European tour :eek:. No PIB, no CE... Feeling good.

No live gig thread tonight :(

Might as well just leave it dead and use this thread with the mods being so inconsistent in Main Muse nowadays, like a couple of other people have said.

I can already sum up my feelings on the gig anyway: Assassin will be played and I am jel.

I almost got a drumstick... At the Birmingham gig myself, a female and two other lads grabbed it as it landed on the floor... was pretty gutted.

Going back to the 'poor crowd' discussion/debate, I absolutely understand people enjoy doing things in different ways, just because their not jumping and dancing does not mean their not enjoying the show. But I still just can't get over the amount of people who just stood there during songs like 'Plug in Baby' & 'Stockholm'... It didn't spoil the night for me, in fact it was a damn beautiful/amazing night! But it adds to the experience and atmosphere when everyone is getting involved. If you'r going to stand there, why don't you just getting a seat ticket? I felt like I really couldnt express myself like I wanted to as everyone around me appeared quite reserved and felt I would upset someone but jumping around... I was quite close to the stage also, so this is the first time I've experienced a poor crowd so close to the band. Back when I seen Muse at Newport last year when they did the smaller venues, when they opened with Psycho, the entire room lifted into the air... My conclusion is this, which someone also mentioned a couple of posts back

People need to chill on the crowds imo. Firstly, there's multiple factors at play that they aren't to blame for:

- The stage and production thins and separates the crowd, which clearly has an effect on the group mentality of sing-alongs and moshing. The big 360 stage also means that people who would normally be closer to the back (and therefore probably less bothered about jumping around) find themselves much further forward.

I realised pretty early on that this might have been the case and I did try moving, but did not succeed.

Also, from a bands point of view, If I was up on the stage playing a song like 'Plug in Baby' and about 80% of my audience was just standing there, It would be a bit disheartening... or maybe that's just me.

Anyway, bring on the 12th, 14th & 15th!!!

For my money I absolutely hate bouncing or moshing at a gig. I do however enjoy singing or clapping along and it's rare that I'm not punching the air or visually enjoying it in some way. I hope the way I participate in the concerts is of satisfaction to you all. :$

Also, from a bands point of view, If I was up on the stage playing a song like 'Plug in Baby' and about 80% of my audience was just standing there, It would be a bit disheartening... or maybe that's just me.

Yea, but at least the band themselves have acknowledged in some interview that the stage is the reason why the crowds are less energetic. So they pretty much know they brought that on themselves.

Didn't Chris say that they were gonna play Assassin in Belfast?

Yup.

Not that many spots left for Assassin to show up. I suppose Resistance has been swapped in for either TaB or Map, so Assassin could still be rotated in for either of those, or be played in the post-JFK slot.