Psycho will stay, Reapers will get the Unnatural Selection treatment. Mercy and Dead Inside might disappear completely like Follow Me and Panic Station. Defector might show up once or twice. The Globalist is probably gone as well. Honestly can't see much of this album surviving at all.

Psycho will stay, Reapers will get the Unnatural Selection treatment. Mercy and Dead Inside might disappear completely like Follow Me and Panic Station. Defector might show up once or twice. The Globalist is probably gone as well. Honestly can't see much of this album surviving at all.

Yes, I think that's pretty much it. Though I expect Dead Inside to stick around for a bit as well, perhaps alternated with or replacing Madness.

Apart from musical staying power, some of these songs would just be odd outside of the tour and album's concept. I imagine Psycho's drill sergeant bits to make little sense during the next tour, so I hope they cut those out.

The Handler will likely go the way of MK Ultra, which I'm not too upset about as Matt could never really do it justice, vocally. Shame because it packed a punch otherwise.

Like Tjet said, this album might be like T2L in that not much sticks around next time.

I really think you will be very, very wrong.

About Mercy and Dead Inside, or Psycho and Supremacy?

Because I'm quite sure one of the first two is going to be a staple (I hope it's Dead Inside, unless they "kill" it with guitarless Matt in Bono mode).

EDIT: Psycho could also stay, maybe by rotating it with Uprising due their similarities in rhythm, melodies and progressions.

EDIT 2:

Like Tjet said, this album might be like T2L in that not much sticks around next time.

If you're talking about material by the likes of The Globalist, sure as hell. But I believe The Handler and Reapers might have a possibility in being kept in as semi-staples, because they've been fan favourites since their respective releases.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I reckon:

-----(regular)-----

Psycho

Mercy

-----(occasional rotation)-----

Dead Inside

-----(rare)-----

The Handler

-----(maybe once or twice)-----

Reapers

-----(completely dead)-----

Defector

Revolt

The Globalist

Wouldn't be surprised to still see Drones and JFK stick around as an intros/encore interludes.

But I believe The Handler and Reapers might have a possibility in being kept in as semi-staples, because they've been fan favourites since their respective releases.

Reapers was already being dropped halfway through it's own era and is nigh dead by the end of it, no way it'll be a semi-staple next tour.

Edited by Jobby

They really should rotate Reapers/Survival/MK Ultra/City of Delusion/Falling Away With You/Darkshines/Hate This & I'll Love You as the "great but forgotten and abandoned tracks"

Why don't play all of them in a badass show instead?

2018 autumn club tour:

1. Intro

2. Psycho

3. JFK

4. Interlude

5. Adagio for Strings

6. Resistance

7. The Globalist (extended intro) (extended outro)

8. Isolated System

9. Prelude

10. Munich Jam

11. Monty Jam

12. Jimmy Jam

13. MK Jam

14. Undisclosed Desires

15. Helsinki Jam

16. Osaka Jam

17. Mercy

18. Man with a Harmonica

2018 autumn club tour:

1. Intro

2. Psycho

3. JFK

4. Interlude

5. Adagio for Strings

6. Resistance

7. The Globalist (extended intro) (extended outro)

8. Isolated System

9. Prelude

10. Munich Jam

11. Monty Jam

12. Jimmy Jam

13. MK Jam

14. Undisclosed Desires

15. Helsinki Jam

16. Osaka Jam

17. Mercy

18. Man with a Harmonica

That's so funny because it's a fresh joke that nobody used before

Also, calling it now that Mercy will stick around (happy to be proven wrong). Muse will assume that *cheering at lots of confetti* = the song going down really well live with fans

This, of all the songs on the last album, I thought Mercy has the best chance of becoming a staple. I just got the impression Matt enjoyed it probably because of the above. I expect it to be another Starlight and get played every gig, tbh.

I think Psycho will stay, and that's about it. I love DI but DI+Madness is too much and I don't see them dropping Madness. I feel like Reapers and the Handler will become super rare (especially here in the US). I just thank goodness I was able to hear Defector live on this tour because I don't think they'll ever play it again :rolleyes:

This, of all the songs on the last album, I thought Mercy has the best chance of becoming a staple. I just got the impression Matt enjoyed it probably because of the above. I expect it to be another Starlight and get played every gig, tbh.

I think Psycho will stay, and that's about it. I love DI but DI+Madness is too much and I don't see them dropping Madness. I feel like Reapers and the Handler will become super rare (especially here in the US). I just thank goodness I was able to hear Defector live on this tour because I don't think they'll ever play it again :rolleyes:

Reapers and The Handler will be the US and MK Ultra of this album.

I think Madness could go, but if they're going to play at least one song off each album since Abso then I guess Madness is the only one they'd go to (Animals seemed to die out and the rest never appeared except at a handful of gigs, surely IS wont stick around).

I'd expect Psycho and Mercy from this album, with Dead Inside maybe cropping up now and then.

Pop singles only really tend to stick around if they do well in the charts, and everything off Drones did really badly from what I've seen? Like, Mercy won't be another Starlight because Starlight is actually well known and is one of their most played songs on every site/music software. And for that same reason, Madness stuck around, Follow Me didn't, and Dead Inside won't.

Not to mention that Follow Me was a bitch to sing, while Madness is most likely the easiest Muse song ever to sing when the ending is done in falsetto. Panic Station was also difficult to sing, and that one didn't make it.

Both Mercy and (especially) Dead Inside are really difficult to sing, so that's another reason. In comparison, Starlight is super easy.

Matt can't even sing The Handler properly now. Can't imagine he'd wanna give it a go in 2 years.