So I returned to this board after the other members shutting me down for liking Muse on a Muse fansite and read the past few pages where it was said that the band was losing money on their US shows.

It made me realize something interesting. You know how Muse said that they were inspired by Pink Floyd's The Wall Tour for this one? Well, I don't know if this was overlooked or anything, but the original tour for The Wall was a commercial failure. Seriously, a failure. Their stage show was such that it didn't allow them to play in many gigs, and they spent more money on it than they made. (This is saying nothing about Roger Waters' solo The Wall Tour, or about his Berlin 1990 performance of it, just the original tour from 1980-1981.) I'm not sure if this is really the case with Muse of them losing money, but I just thought that was an interesting thing to bring up.

Oh, also similarly to the current Drones Tour, The Wall Tour was never officially filmed for a concert video. (Seriously, when are we getting a live proshot video from the Drones Tour? :mad:)

I obviously became a Pink Floyd fan well after that tour, but I'd always thought it was another good example of things just getting too out of hand, tbh. And another one where the gigs, or at least the hype around them, overshadowed the music in them. It was fitting Drones was called their Wall, even if I didn't think the visuals or theme really lived up to it.

At least as a US fan, seeing the band put that stage show over doing a more extensive tour, and all of the fans that had to miss out, was sad.

If they are losing money, which I do still doubt, there's still gradients, and they weren't willing to lose enough to really do an acceptable sized tour. :(

Made me really think... can this end now...? Can we scale back just a tiny bit?

But I don't think it's going to be the end, unfortunately.

They recorded parts of the last few gigs in 4k, professionally. We're just not sure how, if ever, the footage will be released. The person who directed the recording doesn't even know.

Could just go the way of all that footage from previous tours that is in Tom's closet.

The "you're overthinking it" (regarding stuff like song meanings, concepts, whatever) infuriates me. And that it's said as a character judgement or an insult.

I think everyone UNDERthinks things, and that's part of what's going wrong with the world when we insult people for thinking, even if the connections or conclusions they come to are wrong, or for being creative.

But no, shut up, post your list. (and you're wrong! :awesome: )

Yeah, some people laughed at me because I was suposed to overthink Drones. I know, it's not precisely a poetric and obscure álbum, but I think it's really interesting sonically and I like to discuss about it. I still listen to it because every song has the ability to make me think of a picture and a story behind it. I was called a fanboy because of that... I still don't understand the decision of dumb down the lyrics, still, what I like about them is that they make me feel with their music a lot. I can't deny my feelings :LOL:. But now I'm much more interested in their albums than tours.

In regards to the points about analysing Muse's music, I think it's perfectly acceptable to analyse the lyrics and so on. Art is always open to interpretation so why not discuss it?

P.S. I think Thom Yorke has to be one of the most overrated lyricists around, Radiohead are another band who interest me much more musically than anything else.

Yeah, some people laughed at me because I was suposed to overthink Drones. I know, it's not precisely a poetric and obscure álbum, but I think it's really interesting sonically and I like to discuss about it. I still listen to it because every song has the ability to make me think of a picture and a story behind it. I was called a fanboy because of that... I still don't understand the decision of dumb down the lyrics, still, what I like about them is that they make me feel with their music a lot. I can't deny my feelings :LOL:. But now I'm much more interested in their albums than tours.

I understand why they dumbed them down, but I don't agree with it.

I don't think they "reached" anyone with their message, and I really don't feel like Matt ever particularly intended there to BE that sort of message, you know? So, having more vague lyrics would have been more comfortable for fans, and giving the illusion of more depth to it, at least. The idea of having this concept that's going to "inform" people or something was always weird. Remember "game changer for humanity"? :LOL: Oh dear.

I think Mutt really overwhelmed him.

Absolutely agree that the songs elicit a ton of emotion in me, and if getting the more emotive vocals back was also Mutt's doing, I guess I can give him a pass on the lyrics thing.

I think the ability to take even a very on the nose seeming piece of music, and have that be something that makes you feel things, and think about different things is important. Not even just music.

I think it's great when art of any kind reaches us in a way that makes us want to delve into it, even if it's only us projecting our own opinions back onto it and not intended by the artist.

It seems like, in general, people have gotten away from that especially with music, and if you're that "into" it, you're a fanboy, or immature. And it didn't used to be like that.

I remember, over a decade ago, sitting around with people twice my age discussing the symbolism of an album cover for days and days on their forum, when likely it didn't mean jack shit.

But, it was fun getting to know others, and how they think, and being accepting of and discussing the opinions of others.

Where are we going... eventually we're just going to look at paintings and say "yup, fruit" "yup, bunch of lines"? :chuckle:

(*cough* trying really hard to avoid tying this into the album concept... :LOL: )

Higher ticket prices = more casual fans as people aren't gonna buy a ticket to the local grimey rock venue for Christmas, but a shiny Muse gig is the perfect gift for someone who has a vague interest in guitars but has everything ... this is my theory haha. That and corporate entertainment. Live music is a Nice Thing to do now, somewhere you can tag yourself on facebook and take your kids. like a theatre trip. The passion is watered down. And my friend said in 2006 - Muse's shows are staged musicals now, not rock gigs.

That's an idea that makes sense. Also the musical comment has its place... it's nice though. I would like harder music though.

And now they are musicals that have lazy actors :awesome:

I'm gonna come back later and write a positive comment on every song thread :LOL:

:LOL:

First off, yes, we got shorter gigs. As we have historically.

The Drones ones were only a song or two shorter, interestingly, but even back to TR arenas, some of them were 3-4 songs shorter, or more, which was a pretty shit thing to do.

Also, I disagree with what you've said here. Drastically.

Since the crowds don't act the way they do in the US JUST for Muse, but it's a cultural thing (disregarding for a moment that the crowd energy in London wasn't that much better, and people here in attendance noted it as well,) "what the band sees" doesn't matter.

I don't go to my job and give people different service based on how I view them, and I don't think a band should, either.

Especially when the crowd isn't being disrespectful and is in fact enjoying themselves, singing, cheering etc. It's just that they're not behaving in the narrow manner that the band wants? I mean, that's a bit bullshit, isn't it? You didn't clap in exactly the way I wanted, so you're getting a worse gig? Unprofessional, at best.

The fact of the matter is I've seen loads of bands play to a crowd with the same type of energy level, and give their all on stage. Muse is the only one that I've honestly seen bothered by it, visibly. You're implying every band who plays the US ever would be justified to give a lackluster performance, and the truth of the matter is they don't.

I don't really see it as a two way street, because it's not free for us to go there. Like it or not, it's a business transaction.

My setlist, for example, for Denver was really lackluster, and I travelled a long way to be there. And I really did enjoy myself, because despite the song list, the band really did put on a good show.

If Muse doesn't enjoy playing here, and they let that be visible at their gigs... it's on them to fix that problem. Fake it, don't play here, play smaller gigs, actually promote yourselves to the crowd that they want... It's not on us to just "have a better mindset" about it.

I want to go to a concert to be entertained, not to force myself to believe I'm being entertained. If I was going in expecting the latter I could just stay home and watch old Family Guy reruns on TV all night. :chuckle:

I don't think you can compare your job to a band's job.

A band creates music they like, feel comfortable with (or not), anyhow a product they can stand behind and release to the world. It is a creation, not just an exchange of time and skill for money, as conventional jobs often can be unless you are in design or an otherwise creative kind of position.

Again, think about the example of football. There have been games that have been swayed by the crowd rather than the team spirit, and the payment thing is similar here to music concerts. A fan is proud to have helped his team if he feels he has done so, especially in such memorable games.

An example of that might be the movie of the 1954 final in Bern. Regardless of historic accuracy which I don't know about, it shows what I mean quite nicely.

If your culture is to be a group of soggy fans sitting there with grumpy faces without any chants you can probably watch your team go down until they don't need any spectators any more. /drasticexample

I just don't dig the "cultural reasons" explanation approach. If other bands figure it out, fine for them. If Muse don't, they probably have a good reason. Maybe they hate your crowds because they hate the laziness they feel within them, or whatever. Maybe they're indifferent but decide to shorten the sets a little. Maybe they're still peeved at the Us from some band-historical thing years ago, who knows. (would be a little childish, the latter, and should be overcome duly). Maybe they're more sensitive to crowd reactions than others, and find it hard to deal with your supposedly specific gig-attendance-type, and (so far) impossible to overcome the negativity it perpetuates.

Of course it's a business transaction, but one including a product called 'fun', and a dynamic performance. So it is also a two way street.

If I were part of a band, I'd probably just skip your country based on what I've read so far. The only reason I could think of doing it despite not liking the gigs there would be trying to keep a market going, and it'd be hard to get a good motivation going for that in those circumstances, with that "feedback". Note that I'm not saying Muse should lean back and let you fans do the job! I'm saying that after an initial start of motivation, when nothing comes back, everyone can feel disheartened and as if their effort were pointless. Imagine doing competitive sports, and every time you start off anew, motivated, the referee screws you over. Or the crowd boos you down because you're not leading 3:0 by minute 3. It must be really easy to keep up the effort...

It's not about your tricking yourself into believing you are being entertained. What I mean is that without the mindset to let yourself be entertained and remain open to it, you won't be. It's like the penny on the street - if you walk head high eyes closed you're not going to find it unless you fall over it, and then you'll hate it.

If you're not happy with the football example, let's have one with health professionals.

A doctor is supposed to figure out what's wrong with you and help you get better.

So, if in your interaction with the doctor you find a good communication and your talk becomes more than a mere list of symptoms from your side or questions from his side and a few tests, but you actively, together, basically figure it out from scratch with his knowledge of the theory and experience from other people, and your own experiences and knowledge about yourself, you both profit. You pay money for the visit, but by contributing to it, you gain so much more - and since you pay anyway, it makes sense to contribute. You get your health back, and he is happy to have helped you.

Basically, a lot of what you say points into the direction that Muse should be robots who do a fantastic job regardless of anything that ever happens anywhere. They are not allowed to be tired, not allowed to have a break, nothing.

If you expect that of them, the only thing that can happen to you is to be disappointed.

Just accept they're human, fallible, and that they also respond to their environment on the same scales as we do, respectively. And if you're that pissed about their tour, don't go there next time at all. But then don't complain about missing it if it was good.

A band should really electrify their crowd; they should put in the effort to GET people into the gig. THEIR effort and passion should elicit passion and energy in us... not the other way around.

And that's how I see most gigs I go to go down; with the band gaining the energy of the crowd through a great performance, and acting like they're having a blast.

I agree with this part, but as mentioned, if nothing ever comes back, it's hard to keep such energy going (and you know, if the same rubbish happened a few gigs before yours, the starting energy can easily be less at yours too). If the crowd is not, in large parts, responsive to the attempt of having their passion and energy elicited, the band is lost in trying.

I had exactly that (the good case) at my gig, so I'm finding it hard to believe it's Muse' fault - I sincerely doubt they have personally changed to the worse for the Us tour and then back all of a sudden for Europe. Differences they might have with some areas aside, I just doubt the transformation back and forth.

QOTSA and NIN concerts I've been to have energy and there's a good amount of people that clearly know every song, especially in the latter's concerts. Muse at some point had something similar, but did very little to keep it. That's not my fault, nor my responsibility to change it.

I hate setlist "quality" obsessions but you have to admit for a band who pulled off Download, something like Starlight>Feeling Good>Madness>UD>Revolt is very dull in comparison.

Dunno, I know all my lyrics, I'm usually too busy with the gig to notice if the others do. I could see a lot of singing along in the standing crowd though, most of those around me did not know all the lyrics or at least weren't singing along all the way but did, for instance, for Uprising.

Well, that's a list of songs with little hard elements in it, so it's obviously not going to make people jump like mad or shout "I'm a ROCK concert!" and iirc download is a festival for harder folks so playing such a list there would have been pretty stupid in terms of attracting flying objects towards stage, heads, ...?

In terms of gig flow, the list is not very sensible, but who knows what they intended? Maybe they wanted the kids to fall asleep :chuckle:

tl;dr I'm not saying the tour is perfect, but I'm trying to advocate a reasoned approach and seeing things from different perspectives rather than just blaming the band for everything regardless.

I'm happy to admit I don't know the American crowds from experience so I cannot judge first-hand from them, I'm just juggling ideas and trying to see things in a balanced way.

And also - to get this shitty spiral of negativity stopped in here. Though I won't try for too long, since I don't approve of wasting my energy either. :p

If people have sincere and reasonable complaints, there should be ways to get them through to the people they're directed at, or find other ways of communicating them.

regardless of crowds, setlists, money, whatever: The band do what the band do.

They decide the setup, what they play, how they play it, whether they rehearse or not. It's their career, and their attitude and as far as they each personally can, they choose it or let themselves be influenced by circumstances/others/... . I think it's a bit ott to call their integrity off because they didn't fulfill one or several board member's dreams. The board is not the world, not even the muse world.

I'm sure that most of the time, they are, just like most of us in our lives, trying to do the right things at the right time, obviously failing every now and again as we all do, getting back up and carrying on.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't take constructive criticism (which is given to them, not posted on here where they won't read it anyway :LOL:) , but i don't think their agenda is/was to play bland shows to the us for instance, i think it's something like they're trying to do a good job (you may ask: For whom? The majority of the crowd, probably), get a mediocre response, and feel disheartened. Maybe they could up their professionalism and still try to do the best every night and pull people along, but i also accept that can be pretty hard if nobody's (in relation to crowd size!) reacting. Maybe they did the best they could in that respect and that was it, maybe they didn't, who knows.

Of course it would be nice if they admitted mistakes too, where they made them...but we can't force it. If they realise it for themselves, it's good enough, because it should lead to a better outcome next time.

Then, it's up to each and every one of the fans to decide whether they like what's on offer and enjoy it, or not.

Of course going somewhere after something is announced and not getting pretty exactly that is disappointing, but as soon as information was out there that's kinda off because you have time to prepare. And still, regardless, you choose your own reaction.

like some decided to skip the tour because they didn't like what they'd heard about it so far - that's a decision fans made with their own integrity.

Btw, i want old songs too. I want rarities, i want my favourites, i want to see energy and fun stuff going on and enjoy myself. I want long sets with many good songs, as we probably all do. But when i'm at the gig, i know i cannot influence it, so i'll relax and enjoy the gig as i get it. That's in my control.

If i'm really miffed about something afterwards (like the short but expensive loreley gig a few years back) i will try to first figure out what went wrong - that was not the band's fault, coincidentally - and try to ensure criticism gets where it needs to to improve the future.

I know doing this on the ongoing tour is not as easy as on that one gig or maybe impossible, but thinking about it from really different perspectives as opposed to sitting in your own hole and not even trying would be a good start.

Anyway. I had my drones gig, and i loved it. Despite not getting all the songs i wanted (fat luck when your list is about 50 songs long :chuckle: Which i prepared for, not getting them all...) and a few other obstacles, it was a great gig and i enjoyed it thoroughly. :happy::happy:

Tl;dr this topic is a gigantic negative spiral.

Muse are not perfect and they never will be. I enjoyed my gig. I want more songs and rarities but i'd have to get a message through to the band if i wanted that heard.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Dunno, I know all my lyrics, I'm usually too busy with the gig to notice if the others do. I could see a lot of singing along in the standing crowd though, most of those around me did not know all the lyrics or at least weren't singing along all the way but did, for instance, for Uprising.

Well, that's a list of songs with little hard elements in it, so it's obviously not going to make people jump like mad or shout "I'm a ROCK concert!" and iirc download is a festival for harder folks so playing such a list there would have been pretty stupid in terms of attracting flying objects towards stage, heads, ...?

In terms of gig flow, the list is not very sensible, but who knows what they intended? Maybe they wanted the kids to fall asleep :chuckle:

tl;dr I'm not saying the tour is perfect, but I'm trying to advocate a reasoned approach and seeing things from different perspectives rather than just blaming the band for everything regardless.

I'm happy to admit I don't know the American crowds from experience so I cannot judge first-hand from them, I'm just juggling ideas and trying to see things in a balanced way.

And also - to get this shitty spiral of negativity stopped in here. Though I won't try for too long, since I don't approve of wasting my energy either. :p

If people have sincere and reasonable complaints, there should be ways to get them through to the people they're directed at, or find other ways of communicating them.

Lyrics was too specific. But people, even me, have seen those that are cometely out of it except for Madness. This was NOT the case years ago. This is not US crowds, this is US Muse crowds and it has not been forever.

There's also more than just being disappointed in a gig. I've loved most of the gigs I went to. But the past THREE tours have had very distinct drops in quality in the US. I'm more than happy to give them the benefit of the doubt, and still am as far as their motives are, but the favoritism is undeniable now. That hurts more than just a bad setlist. It's something deeper.

Also people tried to communicate in the Q&A but that was denied apparently.

I'm not going to get long winded, but the constant assertion that that US crowds are a bunch of "soggy, scowling" bastards is uninformed, biased, and insulting.

Were you there?

There IS energy in the crowd. There's smiling and cheering and everyone singing so loud it's hard to hear the band.

People look at a video and think "oh, shit crowd, why no one jump?" And assuming that means there's no energy or appreciation is frankly extremely narrow-minded.

From other fans, or a band. Really? They're allowed to throw a temper tantrum because the crowd didn't act how they wanted? Put up a sign on the door or something, I guess, telling us how you'd appreciate us to enjoy the gig we're paying for...

And I DON'T think what Muse feels about us here has to do with the crowd, but more a personal bias based on the fact that things aren't as easy for them here, and they had to compromise to get what they wanted (big fame) instead of settling for a dedicated, smaller fanbase, and they're frankly being childish about it at this point, taking it out on the crowd, and how the perceive them.

And well, yeah, of course the fact that the band has actually admitted to the US bias... that's something that's totally justified to be angry about. And it's hard to get past, really.

I can't blame them for the Q&A, as it's very unlikely they actually came to the forums to read those specific questions. :(

I'm not one to get all "ooh, celebrities are so different than us! :awesome: " either.

It still a consumerist profession. They're still just people. We just tend to put them, with athletes, on a pedestal.

I'm sure if an athlete performed poorly because the crowd was "grumpy" they'd be benched fast.

You can say you do BETTER, maybe, if the energy is there, but it's not an excuse to do less, or crappy.

And athletes are subject to a whole lot more hate when they fail (and since it's competitive, failure is at least a 50/50 affair,) than musicians could dream of.

I don't think the way to end the "cycle of negativity" is to put down an entire country of fans, either.

Maybe try coming up with something interesting, and positive, to talk about and be part of the solution, instead of fanning the flames.

You'll notice as negative as I've been about things in this thread, I have also been having positive conversations about the music and art... but yet you and others concerned about the negativity don't jump on those (or start new ones?)

(okay, I got long winded...)

Edited by SerpentSatellite

And also - to get this shitty spiral of negativity stopped in here. Though I won't try for too long, since I don't approve of wasting my energy either.

Yes. Your long post is very fair.

It's fucking insane the negative vibe on here. It's a whinge-fest breeding on itself. It drives people away.

People who might be interested to chat about a band they like.

I wanted to applaud to this post as well! :D

I wanted to stop reading after it cause you are so right with your post, but couldn't resist so I read everything lol

Nothing more to add.

Regardless of crowds, setlists, money, whatever: the band do what the band do.

They decide the setup, what they play, how they play it, whether they rehearse or not. It's their career, and their attitude and as far as they each personally can, they choose it or let themselves be influenced by circumstances/others/... . I think it's a bit ott to call their integrity off because they didn't fulfill one or several board member's dreams. The board is not the world, not even the Muse world.

I'm sure that most of the time, they are, just like most of us in our lives, trying to do the right things at the right time, obviously failing every now and again as we all do, getting back up and carrying on.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism (which is given to them, not posted on here where they won't read it anyway :LOL:) , but I don't think their agenda is/was to play bland shows to the uS for instance, I think it's something like they're trying to do a good job (you may ask: for whom? The majority of the crowd, probably), get a mediocre response, and feel disheartened. Maybe they could up their professionalism and still try to do the best every night and pull people along, but I also accept that can be pretty hard if nobody's (in relation to crowd size!) reacting. Maybe they did the best they could in that respect and that was it, maybe they didn't, who knows.

Of course it would be nice if they admitted mistakes too, where they made them...but we can't force it. If they realise it for themselves, it's good enough, because it should lead to a better outcome next time.

Then, it's up to each and every one of the fans to decide whether they like what's on offer and enjoy it, or not.

Of course going somewhere after something is announced and not getting pretty exactly that is disappointing, but as soon as information was out there that's kinda off because you have time to prepare. And still, regardless, you choose your own reaction.

Like some decided to skip the tour because they didn't like what they'd heard about it so far - that's a decision fans made with their own integrity.

Btw, I want old songs too. I want rarities, I want my favourites, I want to see energy and fun stuff going on and enjoy myself. I want long sets with many good songs, as we probably all do. But when I'm at the gig, I know I cannot influence it, so I'll relax and enjoy the gig as I get it. That's in my control.

If I'm really miffed about something afterwards (like the short but expensive Loreley gig a few years back) I will try to first figure out what went wrong - that was not the band's fault, coincidentally - and try to ensure criticism gets where it needs to to improve the future.

I know doing this on the ongoing tour is not as easy as on that one gig or maybe impossible, but thinking about it from really different perspectives as opposed to sitting in your own hole and not even trying would be a good start.

Anyway. I had my drones gig, and I loved it. Despite not getting all the songs I wanted (fat luck when your list is about 50 songs long :chuckle: which I prepared for, not getting them all...) and a few other obstacles, it was a great gig and I enjoyed it thoroughly. :happy::happy:

tl;dr this topic is a gigantic negative spiral.

Muse are not perfect and they never will be. I enjoyed my gig. I want more songs and rarities but I'd have to get a message through to the band if I wanted that heard.

I mean this post ;)

I enjoyed my Drones Tour gig (the main dark spots for me that evening came from stuff entirely unrelated) and I also liked the big shiny out-there shit (well, dildrone aside). Yes, 360 is not better than a normal end-stage, but I do think they did get it work well for the production and the evening, and I didn't feel shortchanged for that, plus I still like the idea of a big production showing off the latest in insane shit. 2 of my favourite gigs were Wembley and the Emirates, which had huge out there shit, for one. But I guess the band have a curious attitude to go from a decade or so of going as big as possible, then saying they're considering stripping it back, and then going bigger regardless. We'll see if it continues next time.

I think the shows could've been longer - a 45 minute break between Phantogram and Muse was too long, and while I'm not expecting them to cut it to 0, there was still the adage to come on earlier and do an extra one or two. But for what it was, I enjoyed it.

I wouldn't say its the big Muse cash-in - they could've charged way more for their UK shows, like certain other acts do (Fleetwood Mac, Beyonce, Rihanna and a few others charge more than £80 for the best seats). But if they wanna take time off to get a big new album idea away from this, and perhaps recharge the enthusiasm for touring a little, then I'm not opposed to that.

I would say the Copenhagen gig's begun, but I don't think anyone's arsed anymore. Well unless that request made by a user on barrier in Hamburg (was it for Assassin or CE?) that's going tonight happens.

I want to go to a concert to be entertained, not to force myself to believe I'm being entertained. If I was going in expecting the latter I could just stay home and watch old Family Guy reruns on TV all night. :chuckle:

Old Family Guy is cool and still funny. :phu:

New Family Guy... I accept that's a massive chore, and sadly American Dad (always better) is starting to go the same. Least South Park's newest series had interesting stuff to say and funny episodes.

... that might be off-topic.

South Park continues to impress me, and I think they've gotten on with more relevant topics in the last seasons.

Sad I mostly miss it when it's on.

That episode with all the girls photoshopping their pictures had me in tears at the end.

I do enjoy some Family Guy, but I hate admitting it. I can't really convince myself that it's the same sort of guilty, satire humor as SP, and often feels like it's making cheap jokes off of bigotry and rape culture, without even the attempt at making a point, and I feel bad about myself.

The big stuff at Muse gigs never impressed me, and I guess I never really thought about why.

Maybe for me it just rarely really felt organic to the music or the performance, and that makes it easier for me to see it as a gimmick to draw in those tourists. They had a good opportunity to use the stage show in this one to actually tell a story and make a cohesive thing out of it - Matt said he was going to do just that! - and they squandered it for some reason.

They even could easily have done it by playing the Drones songs in order, and slapping in the hits where they thematically fit. I mean, it's a pretty basic theme of "in relationship, relationship goes bad, guy gets disillusioned and becomes a bastard, guy starts believing in himself, guy falls in love." You can wedge 99% of all songs ever made into that, somewhere.

TR didn't seem to have any real theme to it, either. I suppose T2L arena didn't either, but at least it was impressive and of all of them felt the best melded with the performance.

The pillars and the 360 both felt like all they contributed was taking the band away from the crowd.

As for right now, they're only rotating like 2 or 3 setlist templates, so unless the drone suffocates someone, there's really not much to follow. :LOL:

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Okay, seriously, who is tagging this thread? Because this tag:

horrible since origins

Yeah, whoever added that tag can go piss off mate. First of all, Absolution is a damn great album and some would even argue it's better than OOS. And secondly, whoever added that must not be a big fan of OOS, because then he/she would've known that the album's title is Origin of Symmetry, not Origins of Symmtry.

Just a little rant, carry on.

Okay, seriously, who is tagging this thread? Because this tag:

horrible since origins

Yeah, whoever added that tag can go piss off mate. First of all, Absolution is a damn great album and some would even argue it's better than OOS. And secondly, whoever added that must not be a big fan of OOS, because then he/she would've known that the album's title is Origin of Symmetry, not Origins of Symmtry.

Just a little rant, carry on.

To add to that, I found this little tag too:

downhill after 1998

So wait, if they went downhill after 1998 then that means that OOS wasn't as good as what the other tag said, as that album was released in 2001. So is it downhill after OOS or downhill after 1998? Make up your damn mind!

To add to that, I found this little tag too:

downhill after 1998

So wait, if they went downhill after 1998 then that means that OOS wasn't as good as what the other tag said, as that album was released in 2001. So is it downhill after OOS or downhill after 1998? Make up your damn mind!

I think that's a harmless example of fooling around.

Counting in that world is wonderful 'cause it's diverse, though, it looks like some people might really think that way...

I for one can tell you, actually, that I've seen some people online deeming that Origin was their one great, or even just good, album before an eternal darkness. Exaggerating too much?

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

The big stuff at Muse gigs never impressed me, and I guess I never really thought about why.

They even could easily have done it by playing the Drones songs in order, and slapping in the hits where they thematically fit. I mean, it's a pretty basic theme of "in relationship, relationship goes bad, guy gets disillusioned and becomes a bastard, guy starts believing in himself, guy falls in love." You can wedge 99% of all songs ever made into that, somewhere.

Hmm. The big stuff wouldn't impress you then, if you focus on the 'personal relationship' theme of the songs. The staging would be pretty irrelevant to that.

But it seems clear to me that the album is intended to be a concept album, and it repeatedly references the world stage and war. Bellamy is a thinker, well read, intelligent and curious. He's intense and has a political viewpoint. I don't think that he's insincere about it either.

The production was ambitious and absolutely stunning.

I think that's a harmless example of fooling around.

Counting in that world is wonderful 'cause it's diverse, though, it looks like some people might really think that way...

Yeah... I find it dumb that so many Muse fans love dissing everything after OOS. Because yeah, screw anyone that prefers Absolution over OOS! They clearly have no taste, right?

Yeah... I find it dumb that so many Muse fans love dissing everything after OOS. Because yeah, screw anyone that prefers Absolution over OOS! They clearly have no taste, right?

That's rather showing to be toxically snobbish than not having any taste per se.

Italian blogs, forums, FB groups or pages and more are full of that kind of people dissing them without mercy.