What was the first Muse song you listened to?

Boombleeb

• 3 months later...

I'm fairly certain it was Madness, but for some reason Time Is Running Out felt really familiar/nostalgic/???? when I first(?) listened to it and I'm not sure if I heard it at some point before I really discovered Muse, or if maybe it sounds similar to some other song I've heard?

I'm 99% sure it was Madness, but I might have heard Time Is Running Out before and didn't realize it was a Muse song? :confused:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

First I heard was Knights Of Cydonia on Guitar Hero, didn't like it then. Later I heard Uprising on Guitar Hero and did like it, but wasn't very interested in it. Then someone on another website suggested I try out Muse when I said I wanted to look into more modern music that I might like, noting they shared a lot with my favorite band Queen. He sent me youtube links to Survival, TiRO, Hysteria, and I think SS and B&H, TiRO especially I fell in love with and the rest was history.

• 2 months later...

I guess I became a fan in 2013, but I've listened to them for years before that. The first song by Muse that I ever heard was Unintended. That was somewhere around 2004. Back then I wasn't huge into music, so I didn't think to check out artists. I just heard songs that I liked and downloaded them.

But then a few years later, I met someone who liked Muse, and who introduced me to them. She showed me a lot of songs and from there I became gradually more interested in them.

Then in 2013, I attended my first Muse concert and fell head over heels for them. Listened to all their albums and was obsessed for a while. And of course I fell in love with Matt. Then my obsession died down after a while. Until last year, that is.

In 2016, I went to another one. This time the whole experience was a lot different, for several reasons. Both good and bad, but mostly good. Since then I've gotten my enthusiasm back, but I wouldn't say I'm obsessed now. I have read a lot about the though, and come to respect them as people and artists.

Their music has helped and continues to help me through trying times. It's the only space where I can forget about my problems for a little while. And now I've bought some amazing IEMs, so I'm expecting to fall even more in love with the band.

Edited by Norynde

Intro! Really though, it was Apocalypse Please thanks to Napster back in the day. Muse was pretty much unheard of in Canada at the time... I came across the band name a few times on various other forums I was on at the time and downloaded the first song Apocalypse Please to see what they were about. After listening to it I HAD to download the other songs and the rest was history (and yes I did buy everything afterwards).

Finding them at the release of Absolution was great... it allowed me to see them live in small club venues here for years until The Resistance album hit big and they've been playing arenas ever since.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first full song I heard was Citizen Erased live when my family had dinner next to Cirkus in Stockholm 2003. (We arrived during the middle of Micro Cuts). The song that made me a fan though was Stockholm Syndrome when I downloaded it off Limewire in 2005.

EDIT: Made a back check and apparently the first song for me was Thoughts of a Dying Atheist... But CE is the one I properly remember :chuckle:

Edited by Zolic

I guess I became a fan in 2013, but I've listened to them for years before that.

But then a few years later, I met someone who liked Muse, and who introduced me to them. She showed me a lot of songs and from there I became gradually more interested in them.

Then in 2013, I attended my first Muse concert and fell head over heels for them. Listened to all their albums and was obsessed for a while. And of course I fell in love with Matt.

Your story is a little bit similar to mine but different at the same time. I was first introduced to Muse when my boyfriend - who was into them before I was - played me Endlessly on his MP3 player back in 2005. After that I discovered more of their songs including TIRO, but I was into a number of bands at the time - the likes of Linkin Park, Blink 182, & Evanescence, more 'emo' bands (for lack of a better term) - & so I considered myself just a fan. I remember borrowing his player & listening to TIRO on that. The first full album I had was OoS on my phone; I must've copied it from his CD.

We saw them live for the first time in 2012 & I liked them more after that. I remember listening to T2L - I think it must've been after the concert - & I really liked it. But 2013 was when I became obsessed. After attending that concert I wanted to own as much of their music as I could get & I wanted to know everything about them. I bought a fair bit of Muse-related merch that weekend :LOL: 25 May 2013 was one of the best days of my life :happy:

Used to sing along with this all the time when this game first came out, until one day it occurred to me that I should find out who it was by, downloaded a heap of other stuff and yeah. Sort of came in to the fan base around the Twilight rush :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...