2016.06.24 - Glastonbury Festival, Pilton, UK

Uccellino

I watched it on youtube :D

Yes, it is up again. And, I thought I saw Morgan singing this bit as well! So maybe he carried on alone.

Search for Muse Glastonbury on youtube..

Lol, we will be victorious! I guess as soon as one has gone, the next one will be up again :D

Maybe I'd have to go back and watch again, but it sounded like those vocals were undeniably Matt's from off the album.

What happened to Matt's invitation for her to sing with them? Did they show up when she was performing last night? I've recorded everything and so far have only seen Muse.

She said she was watching Muse from home and having a Chinese and doing the washing up, so she had no intention of appearing as a guest.

Watched the 3 headliners now and Coldplay really know how to make it special, so much energy and talking to the audience and pretty lights and the Viola Beach tribute. That crowd looks very engaged with the band. Nice.

Only just got home so haven't had a chance to watch it, but maybe it really was a 'you had to be there' moment. I've vaguely followed the tour but didn't bother for a ticket this time around. Almost none of it appealed to me, so I didn't have high hopes for this one.

Right now I'd have to say that's definitely up there as one of my favourite Muse gigs, and probably my favourite Pyramid headliner (LCD took top spot for general festival headliner last night). I don't know whether it was because I was the perfect level of drunk or just because I no longer give a damn about this or that detail, but I felt I was seeing them as casual fans see them, and in that respect it was just hit after heavy hit. I never thought I'd be belting out Madness like I did then, and similarly I never dreamt I'd see them play Stockholm on that stage. Sure they should've cut the the interludes, but in that mud and in that crowd they were a useful breather. Only playing the singles and decent tracks off of Drones (thank god there was no Defector or Revolt!) was the right choice, the run of Absolution hitters was a stunning blur of nostalgia for the band I used to love, and Map was a present surprise. Considering last time they played Resistance, Unsdisclosed and Guiding Light, I'd call this one a winner.

Such a shame to read that the BBC sound was poor, as all my mates agreed that was probably the best sound we've ever heard at an outdoor gig. Props to the whole sound team on that one.

Is the performance on iPlayer? The only other place I can find it is musebootlegs.

If you can, pick one of MB copies at 50 frames per second. I think is the first time a full Muse show is released that way and is seriously amazing.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...