2016.06.24 - Glastonbury Festival, Pilton, UK

Uccellino

Meh, potentially a bit boring but should be a cool atmosphere, I'm not massively against it. Never expected it to be Radiohead tbh, though something like The Stone Roses would've been pretty nice. Only thing that slightly annoys me is how she said she'd never do it multiple times but has apparently been wanting to do it since last year?

A Muse Glasto set (slim chance for some BH&R goodness, too) + other acts over the whole weekend will make it more than worth it. Apparently Kendrick, Grimes and LCD Soundsystem are rumoured which would be top kek.

• 2 weeks later...
Eh, doesn't set my world alight but not too bad I guess. Only a couple of acts I really wanna see but a decent amount of others that I'm interested in.

That's not the final line-up, is it? Still hoping for Kendrick.

No thats only the first set of acts, the majority of the big acts will already be on there. Doesn't really matter though to be honest, theres plenty (if not too much) to do at Glastonbury anyway.

But you can compare the first poster from 2015 and the 2nd one with hundreds of names, if you want to see the size of acts that will be missing.

I wouldn't expect Kendrick anymore after today, quite a few people hoping he'd be there, but he's exclusive to British Summer Time apparently.

• 2 months later...

Me too, I've always wanted to go and used to cry every year watching it on telly, not so much bothered about fests these days but man... I WANT TO GO. and people always go 'hur dur you don't go to Glastonbury for baaands' but ffs, dat lineup.

Any setlist speculation? Or guesses about how the stage will look? They tend to use a smaller stage for their festival tours than for their arena/stadium shows.

I'd assume the stage setup'll be pretty much the same one they used for the festival tour last year?

Yeah be good to know this. Are they doing anything special?

If not I can go and happily watch Underworld instead.

Possible collab with Adele for one song. Other than that, probs just a reasonably standard festival set.

I'm hoping for something special setlist wise. I think glastonbury is a special gig for them so that should be reflected. I am thinking when it comes to previous albums it would be nice for them to play songs that weren't played the last two times. Would love micro cuts, take bow and dead star to show up. I won't hold my breath though. They'll probably want to take advantage of the fact they didn't play there with 2nd law by putting in supremacy, panic station etc.

Any setlist speculation? Or guesses about how the stage will look? They tend to use a smaller stage for their festival tours than for their arena/stadium shows.

I placed my bets on Exo-Politics. Not playing that song there will be a dick move.

I'm hoping for something special setlist wise. I think glastonbury is a special gig for them so that should be reflected. I am thinking when it comes to previous albums it would be nice for them to play songs that weren't played the last two times. Would love micro cuts, take bow and dead star to show up. I won't hold my breath though. They'll probably want to take advantage of the fact they didn't play there with 2nd law by putting in supremacy, panic station etc.

Last one didn't really have anything particularly special setlist-wise other than the Edge collab tbf. 2004's set was pretty standard for that tour as well. They might throw CE in but, other than that, they'll almost definitely just wanna stick to new stuff and the known crowd-pleasers/greatest hits. I'd be surprised if even TAB showed up tbh, Supremacy might be a shout though.

That is true of course. However at least 2010 felt special. The crowd seemed immense from the TV coverage. It would be nice though not to get drones songs plus everything that has already appeared twice. Expected of course as theyre the hits but one or two rarities would be nice.

In reality I doubt we'll get Tab however they played RBS at this festival. I hope The Handler makes it though with the apparent recent struggling.

Edited by Matt