2016.07.02 - Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, Switzerland

nikite

Are there any bootlegs or recordings of the gig? Nothing on Muse Bootlegs that I can see, can't even access ML, lol. I wanna keep this in my memory for as long as possible, it still feels like a dream :eek:

ELLO :awesome:

I can't even watch/listen to any of this damn gig fml.

So much salt :LOL:

No but srsly where are bootlegs these days if not on ML? I'm well out of touch with bootlegs.

ELLO :awesome:

I can't even watch/listen to any of this damn gig fml.

So much salt :LOL:

No but srsly where are bootlegs these days if not on ML? I'm well out of touch with bootlegs.

AYYY :D

Hahaha, oh I totally get it, I would've been raging as well if I wasn't there… fucking band :rolleyes: Thing is, I can't seem to access the ML community, it's like permanently broken when I try to go on there :'( I thought it was just temporarily down, but it's been like that for weeks on my screen. I need SYS!!

• 10 months later...

Hi fellow Muse fans.

A long short, but worth a go. My Wife (fiance at the time) and I got married on 2nd of July 2016. Our first dance was Starlight.

It is tradition on the 1st Wedding anniversary to give a 'Paper' gift.

My ask is this: Does anyone have a stub/ticket for this gig which was on our wedding date?

I can cover postage costs etc if you happen to have one!

Just post here and let me know.

Thanks,

Barneystuta

• 9 months later...

Concerning the footage of the gig:

I think at the time of the gig I had mentionned in a thread that the gig was going to be recorded for sure: I work at the Montreux Jazz Festival, and everything is filmed and kept (partly because it is part of Unesco's legacy). I work nowhere near the legal department of the festival though, so I don't know to which extent bands get to release the material themselves, or have to do so through the festival, etc.

All year round on the festival's website, and also during the festival on some ipads that are put on site, people can look through the archives and actually watch a lot of past concerts. Muse's 2002 gig is obviously available; however, I went through the catalog last year, and 2016's gig is listed but unavailable to watch, which means that the contract that was signed prevents the festival from broadcasting it. Again, I have no idea to which extent the band could do so themselves.

Now, yesterday, there was on outing/meeting for all of the festival's managers (which I am one of). It took place at a Montreux Jazz Café (which is a franchise that the festival have developped, and you can find them in various places across Europe, and I think a few outside as well). The one we went to, though, is at the EPFL, which is basically Lausanne's research institute and university. The team that is digitalizing and remastering the whole of the archives works from there, because as they explained yesterday, there is basically a legal loophole in Switzerland which makes copyrighted material available for research and academic purposes. They explained to us that the various Jazz Cafés have access to approximately 14% of the archives (gigs are constantly being shown through screens there), but, at this particular one at the EPFL, they can show 80% to the general public (and it's up to the user: they have a few ipads there, and an immersive room where you create your own playlist). So obviously, I checked to see if the 2016 gig was available. While it is not on the ipads, it is in the immersive room! Given that many people wanted to select their own gigs, I only watched 2 songs, but I intend on going back and watching the whole thing-- and it's open to the public.

So long story short: if you're ever in Lausanne, you can watch the whole gig at the EPFL's Montreux Jazz Café.

• 8 months later...
hi,

i spent all day trying to get a hold of just 1 ticket in Zurich from the official seller - the website starticket.ch. finally i managed to get a ticket on my "shopping cart", and got to the payment with credit card. i tried 2 of my Visa cards and got a message on the website that "Your payment attempt failed and the order was not completed". i then called my parents and asked for their card details - and got the same refusal to all of the cards.

i asked dear Starticket about it, and their response is "Unfortunately, due to an increasing level of fraud, we had to exclude some countries. From now on, only European an U.S. credit cards are accepted".

*** i think that this policy is unacceptable and its discriminating Muse fans from other countries ***.

i never had a website refusing my credit card before. i will be in Switzerland in the day of the concert, but i can't go to the show because of Starticket. i think this is very wrong, and i'm very sad right now. in the past i bought tickets to shows from ticketmaster and never had problems, but they don't sell tickets in Switzerland for this tour.

I am so sorry!:(