If you could re-order/re-track a Muse album, how would you do it?

Travisx2112

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think that the songs are just put in a random order when the CD gets made?

Songs are ordered after story, flow, themes etc. For example in OoS pretty much every song up until Micro Cuts flows into the next. Drones follows a loose story, and Absolution is just a mess because it doesn't flow well. It goes from heavy song to soft song back to heavy then soft again, making it a very demanding album to listen to all the way through.

Do you think that the songs are just put in a random order when the CD gets made?

Songs are ordered after story, flow, themes etc. For example in OoS pretty much every song up until Micro Cuts flows into the next. Drones follows a loose story, and Absolution is just a mess because it doesn't flow well. It goes from heavy song to soft song back to heavy then soft again, making it a very demanding album to listen to all the way through.

tbh, I HAVE wondered if Muse has any rhyme or reason to their track ordering, for many of their albums. :chuckle:

I always thought the back and forth on Abso was meant to abate that "this album is starting to sound samey" concern, but it did end up feeling often jarring.

Personally, my Origin is:

What's He Building (optional, obvs)

New B

Bliss

Space D

Hyper M

PIB

Dead Star

CE

Micro C

Screenager

Dark Shines

Futurism

Meg

Flows an absolute dream (well, apart from Micro > Screenager but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

The iTunes OoS ordering has Feeling Good between MC and Screenager which I think flows very well. So if you're up for putting that back on the album there you go

• 4 months later...
I'm reading through this thread, and people don't seem to like Feeling good that much. Why is that? It's one of my favourites.:stunned:

It's not too bad, but there are better piano songs ( and covers too).

I remember at Wembley Stadium 07, there were two guys sitting in front of me. Did not really get into Hoodoo or Apocalypse Please, but when FG came on "Yeeeeaaaaahhh, this is the best f**King song they have ever written!!" :LOL:

They genuinely thought that Muse wrote Feeling Good? :LOL:

Yep, they didnt appear to know Sunburn, Invincible and Starlight either. They didnt get going again until TiRo where they drunkenly sang along, it was pretty hilarious actually. Went home after Bliss had finished too, missing the final encore :LOL:

• 3 months later...

BH&R:

Take A Bow

Glorious

Supermassive Black Hole

Map of the Problematique

Starlight

Crying Shame (early version)

Assassin GOB / Debase Mason's Grog

Exo-Politics (early version)

Soaked

Easily

City of Delusion

Hoodoo (piano version)

Knights of Cydonia

T2L:

Unsustainable

Supremacy

Liquid State

Sign o' the Times

Madness

Panic Station

Follow Me

Explorers

Big Freeze

Animals

Prelude + Survival

Isolated System

Showbiz:

Uno

Sunburn

Recess

Cave

Falling Down

Host

Do We Need This?

Ashamed

Showbiz

Muscle Museum (Full Length Version)

Hate This And I'll Love You

Con-Science

No Spiral Static? I find to too hard to try and retrack Showbiz because there are just so many tracks that should make it: Twin, Agitated, Yes Please, Forced In, Nishe, Nature_1, Minimum, Recess...

The Resistance:

Overture

Uprising (extended)

MK Ultra

United States of Eurasia

Undisclosed Desires

Cross-Pollination

Unnatural Selection

I Belong to You

Resistance

Redemption

Alternatively: