If you could re-order/re-track a Muse album, how would you do it?

Travisx2112

How would you re order or put different songs on to any of the Muse albums if you had the chance? They can be B-sides, re-ordering the tracks, or getting rid of/replacing them with others.

I would get rid of the Assassin on BHAR, I think, and replace it with the GOB edit. I'd also get rid of the Butterflies and Hurricanes version without guitar, and replace it with one with guitar.

I wouldn't change a lot to be honest. I would drop The Small Print, Endlessly and Thoughts of a Dying athiest from Absolution and replace them with The Groove and Fury. I'd then swap Soldier's Poem for Endlessly on Black Holes & Revelations.

As for Origin, I think it's perfect. Wouldn't touch it at all.

Showbiz: Replace Overdue with Spiral Static, Escape with Recess or Yes Please.

OoS: Replace Feeling Good with Futurism and add Forced In as the first track (Like an intro) Best album ever :yesey:

Absolution: Replace FAWY with Eternally Missed, TOADA with Fury and add Dead Star to the tracklist in 2nd.

BHaR: Replace Assassin with the GOB edit, replace SP with Glorious, Easily with Starlight and put Crying Shame in somewhere.

Recess and Nature_1 > most Showbiz tracks (apart from Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Showbiz, Unintended). They should both be on there.

"OoS: Replace Feeling Good with Futurism and add Forced In as the first track (Like an intro) Best album ever "

+1.

The greatest album ever would be:

1. Forced In

2. New Born

3. Bliss

4. Space Dementia

5. Hyper Music

6. Plug In Baby

7. Citizen Erased

8. Micro Cuts

9. Screenager

10. Dark Shines

11. Futurism

12. Megalomania

I love Absolution mostly the way it is but I've gone off Thoughts of a Dying Atheist recently. It's a fine song but doesn't fit in as well as I'd like. I think Eternally Missed would be fitted there. In fact EM could be on any album, it's that flipping good.

BHAR should have a rehaul.

1. Take a Bow

2. Starlight

3. Supermassive Black Hole

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Easily

6. Glorious

7. Assassin (GOB edit)

8. Crying Shame/Exo-Politics (unsure here)

9. City of Delusion

10. Hoodoo

11. Knights of Cydonia

In fact. Re-ordered Absol today.

I really like this order.

1. Intro

2. AP

3. TIRO

4. Sing For Absolution

5. Stockholm Syndrome

6. Dead Star

7. Nishe

8. Hysteria

9. Blackout

10. Butterflies and Hurricanes

11. The Small Print

12. Endlessly

13. Eternally Missed

14. Ruled by Secrecy

:D

Re-order Absolution

1. Intro-Apocalypse Please

2. Time is Running Out

3. Sing for Absolution

4. Falling Away With You

5. Ruled by Secrecy

6. Dead Star

7. Hysteria

8. Blackout

9. Butterflies & Hurricanes

10. Stockholm Syndrome

11. The Small Print

12. Fury

13. Endlessly

14. Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

I think Ruled by Secrecy would be a good track to follow on from Falling Away with You which in turn could be a decent follow-on to Sing for Absolution.

Meanwhile, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist would be a good finale track as it seems to be a decent theme for an ending track.

Re-order Absolution

1. Intro-Apocalypse Please

2. Time is Running Out

3. Sing for Absolution

4. Falling Away With You

5. Ruled by Secrecy

6. Dead Star

7. Hysteria

8. Blackout

9. Butterflies & Hurricanes

10. Stockholm Syndrome

11. The Small Print

12. Fury

13. Endlessly

14. Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

I think Ruled by Secrecy would be a good track to follow on from Falling Away with You which in turn could be a decent follow-on to Sing for Absolution.

Meanwhile, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist would be a good finale track as it seems to be a decent theme for an ending track.

Glad people agree with Dead Star being in there. Can't agree with the RbS thing though. And Eternally Missed SHOULD be in there.

I still hold:

1. Intro.

2. AP

3. TIRO

4. SFA

5. SS

6. Dead Star

7. Nishe

8. Hysteria

9. B&H

10. Blackout

11. TSP

12. Endlessly

13. Eternally Missed

14. RbS

:eek:

Those three songs you would remove are very good. Why remove them?

Replace Interlude and also Soilders Poem off BHaR if anything.

Don't like TOADA or TSP, and both along with the brilliant Endlessly just don't suit the album. They're the scruff of an otherwise perfectly crafted album. Interlude works well as an introduction to Hysteria. Without it you'd surely have to make it the album opener as it just doesn't flow off anything else.

Replace Invincible with Glorious on Black Holes & Revelations, then it's a slightly more enticing listen.

Noooo! get rid of SP and replace it with Glorious. Replace Ass with GOB edit. Shove Easily in place of Starlight. And Crying shame between Exo and COD. U have a perfect album!

I've tinkered yet again but I think I've found my perfect list:

Showbiz needed a major upheval to be perfect, as good as it was anyway.

In the end I chose:

1. Sunburn

2. Recess

3. Nature_1

4. Minimum

5. Agitated

6. Showbiz

7. Unintended

8. Bedroom Acoustics

9. Muscle Museum

10. Uno

11. Spiral Static

12. Con-Science

I know that's virtually indistinguishable from the original album but I think I've essentially replaced the OK tracks with really good ones. Tracks like Falling Down, Escape and Overdue sound more like B-Sides than many of their B-Sides were! Nature_1 and Recess in particular needed to be on the album.

OOS I decided to stick Megalomania in first, but for a reason:

1. Megalomania

2. New Born

3. Bliss

4. Space Dementia

5. Hyper Music

6. Plug In Baby

7. Citizen Erased

8. Micro Cuts

9. Screenager

10. The Gallery

11. Hyper Chondriac Music

I really liked the idea of having both HM and HCM on the same album and also The Gallery sounded perfect on OOS. It leads well into HCM as well. I had Megalomania between them but it didn't sound right and then got a brainwave. I stuck it at the front.

Absolution also looks better now, I think.

1. Intro (again, it doesn't really matter. It's AP essentially. It's there so I can remember the tracklist right)

2. AP

3. TIRO

4. SFA

5. Stockholm

6. Dead Star (Absolution sounds better with a heavier track after SS. FAWY is great but doesn't work there for me.)

7. Nishe (After a suggestion that it sounded a lot better than Interlude. I agree.)

8. Hysteria

9. B&H

10. Blackout

11. TSP

12. In Your World (Felt we needed another song with a bit of oomph and the piano intro fits in well. Got rid of Endlessly because thematically it's not quite working.)

13. Eternally Missed (IMO, better than any other song on the album so should have been there.)

14. Ruled by Secrecy

BHAR was easiest. Removing Invincible was step 1. I don't hate this song but it really would have been better as single only. It's just so bland next to the rest of it. Soldier's Poem also had to go eventually although I debated about that one. I wanted to see Easily and Glorious on so I fitted them in pretty easily. Assassin gets the GOB edit.

1. ToB

2. Starlight

3. SMBH

4. MOTP

5. Easily

6. Glorious

7. Assassin GOB

8. Exo-Politics

9. CoD

10. Hoodoo

11. KoC

Right, that's it perfect. I'll leave it as that now and shut up. Unless people disagree and can think of something better.

I've rearranged BH&R to:

1) Take A Bow

2) Supermassive Black Hole

3) Map Of The Problematique

4) Glorious

5) Starlight

6) Assassin (Grand Omega Bosses Edit)

7) Crying Shame

8) Exo Politics

9) City Of Delusion

10) Hoodoo

11) Knights Of Cydonia

And that order makes it my second favourite Muse album (after OOS of course). :cool:

Archived