How do you feel about the 'slow' album songs?

whoknowswho?

All the albums seem to have one

We're talking Unintended, Screenager, Blackout, Soldier's Poem, Guiding Light, Save Me and Aftermath.

Personally I enjoy most of them (probably all with the exception of Save Me) but I know a lot of people aren't fans of the more mellow Muse tracks.

I don't think people like or dislike certain songs merely because they are slow, but just because they do or don't think it is a good slow song. You could classify RBS as a slow song, which I think is amazing, while I think Aftermath is pathetic.

/thread

I don't think people like or dislike certain songs merely because they are slow, but just because they do or don't think it is a good slow song. You could classify RBS as a slow song, which I think is amazing, while I think Aftermath is pathetic.

Exactly.

From the songs that whoknowswho listed, I like Screenager, Guiding Light and Aftermath, but the others are pretty weak.

I'd classify Endlessly and FAWY slow songs as well, but those two are among my favorites off Abso.

"Slow Songs"... probably the TS meant ballads?

Some slow songs like Blackout, Hyper Chondriac Music and Ruled by Secrecy are totally badass.

About ballads, Muse have some good ones and some meh ones, they are not my favourite type of songs anyway so i'm not going to enter in deep here.

"Slow Songs"... probably the TS meant ballads?

Some slow songs like Blackout, Hyper Chondriac Music and Ruled by Secrecy are totally badass.

About ballads, Muse have some good ones and some meh ones, they are not my favourite type of songs anyway so i'm not going to enter in deep here.

I would class Blackout as a ballad.

/thread

/thread +1

• 2 weeks later...
I've never had the heart to listen through Explorers, HCM and Hoodoo

HCM and Hoodoo. Are both absolute musts. Probs won't hit you straight away but they're both growers and fantastic songs IMO

Explorers I'm not too fussed about, nice little song though that you may enjoy

• 1 month later...

We're talking Unintended, Screenager, Blackout, Soldier's Poem, Guiding Light, Save Me and Aftermath.

Unintended, I enjoy. It took a while for me to listen to it at first but once I did, I enjoyed it.

Screenager, I know this one is popular so sorry for going against the mould but, I've never liked this song. It's just not done anything for me tbh! I get bored.

Blackout, Like it. No complaints.

Soldier's Poem - Eh. Not keen on this tbh.

Guiding Light - Shit :LOL:

Save Me: Hm, grew on me the smallest bit after not hearing it for years...but it's not one I like that much.

Aftermath: Bullshit. :LOL: I heard it once and never again :p