Post-Grammys interview with Matt and Dom

Furygirl

Why do they keep going on about how they're one of the last artists to make albums/albums aren't common anymore. Am I completely missing something?

Yeah when Matt said that I was just like 'um no'. And if they mean concept albums still no e.g. Dream Theatre just released one.

Matt always speaks so fast!! Though I can understand him better and better but there I can't get what he's saying at about 1,25 min, he's laughing at the same time. :eek::LOL:

"In all respect we weren't even planning to come and we found out we won we were like oh shit we better come!"

Why do they keep going on about how they're one of the last artists to make albums/albums aren't common anymore. Am I completely missing something?

This just means that they exist in a vacuum and (as far as Matt is concerned) it seems like he doesn't listen to any contemporary music besides what he's already named or what Dom probably suggests to him. They always blow this dying LP thing out of proportion, and it's never accurate. If anything I hope this Grammy win tells them that what's connected with listeners (or at least the Grammy voters) is 'rock'. Hope they keep this in mind for the next LP

I genuinely think Matt must assume that the bands from his generation and before (i.e. the ones he actively listens to and follows) are the only ones that still put out LPs. It seems like his awareness of contemporary stuff mostly consists of whatever's being talked about or on the radio, so maybe that's why he seems to think everything is single-based nowadays.

Either way, someone needs to take him to one side and say "Matt...no." :chuckle: