Chinese Musers Thread

Life must hate me

for us here...yes they do play rock songs..but compared to pop, hip-hop n such....nah~!!! usually they would be playing US top charts instead of Europe or even UK...which sucks big time...keeps repeating the same songs and almost the same time everyday...sheesh!!! :mad:

*sobs x 432987510398157932* :'( i'm a lonely soul here in a tiny island....good for ya that at least there's a Rockit fest...me here is like..nothing!! man...feel like migrating...haha!

Cool, more people from Hong Kong. So whats the rock scene like over there, cos thers not much evidence of one... Or even gig venues actually. Could someone tell me more about it?

of coz there is a bunch of local bands here, and playing various styles too. But they are more like underground, only a couple of them got signed to a big record label, and they are barely known. On the other hand, many of these indie bands publish their CDs by their own label or some indie label.

The majority of the people here listen to cantopop, teenpop (sounds like I am disgracing cantopop here). And most cantopop melodies are so predictable and superfluous (so that people can sing them at karaoke easily).

However, besides the numerous local band shows at different tiny venues, the local promoters can occasionally manage to put up some relatively "big shows". Recently, we have had Bowie, Korn, Starsailor and Placebo in the last 6 months, which considers to be very rare.

wow im really surprised to see there are quite a few HKers on here.

any of you saw bowie last month? im seeing him next month in Atlanta. im so excited. my life will be complete. ive been waiting for him to come to Atlanta for ages and ages. im so happy, i can cry. :LOL:

Ahh i didn't think there was much in the way of gigs for rock bands until they get huge. Rules out the possiblity of certain of my fav bands playing hong kong since its never on any tour calanders.

The dominance of canto pop is just too much. I really do dislike it. for example, Twins, the chinese Tatu :rolleyes:

sorry for the late reply. Singapore here. :)

:eek: what a hero i lived there for bput 7 years :D moved here 8 years ago :D hehe i love singapore so much :'( i miss it sometimes...but its too hot.

im half cantonese...shame i cant speak it tho

:eek: what a hero i lived there for bput 7 years :D moved here 8 years ago :D hehe i love singapore so much :'( i miss it sometimes...but its too hot.

im half cantonese...shame i cant speak it tho

haha!! was borned in singapore so am used to the weather...n yeah, i agree it's damn hot...for those who loves tanning, you can come down here during this month cuz it's the inter-monsoon season now so yeah...one step out of ur house, u'd be screaming...haha!!

wow, that's surprised. Richards On Richards is a small venue, but anyhow , i don't expect it could be sold out this quick at all

Yeah, I can't believe how fast the concert sold out. I didn't even hear about when the tickets went on sale :(. Damn school! Take up my precious time.

that sucks :(

i think a lotta people from seattle are coming to the vancouver show too.

grrr.

Buy the tickets from those "smugglers" right before the concert then, but don't know how much it will cost.

Are you going to watch the game 7 tomorrow?

Buy the tickets from those "smugglers" right before the concert then, but don't know how much it will cost.

Are you going to watch the game 7 tomorrow?

hehe..i don't think the "smugglers" will be selling their tickets.

nope. i don't have that kinda money to go to the game. i have a big screen at home so it's all good. and plus, i can scream and yell like crazy in my own house. i don't think i'd do that if i was at the game..hehe.

hahahaha yeah i didnt mind the whether really heheh i miss the days when i could walk out in sandels and not feel cold :(

hahahaha i used to live in bullion park...you know that place??? :LOL: probably not hehe and swiss cottage primary school yeah!!!! the best damned primary school ever :D

hehe..i don't think the "smugglers" will be selling their tickets.

nope. i don't have that kinda money to go to the game. i have a big screen at home so it's all good. and plus, i can scream and yell like crazy in my own house. i don't think i'd do that if i was at the game..hehe.

I saw them in every concerts that I saw in front of the door trying to sell tickets. They must have reserved some for those who couldn't get tickets

Go Canucks Go, torture Kiprusoff :LOL:

I saw them in every concerts that I saw in front of the door trying to sell tickets. They must have reserved some for those who couldn't get tickets

Go Canucks Go, torture Kiprusoff :LOL:

i'll definitely try to get tickets at the door.

but i'd like to get my hands on them before the concert of course.

all i have to say is:

down with the F-lames!!!

i'm rooting for detroit like there's no tommorow.

i'll definitely try to get tickets at the door.

but i'd like to get my hands on them before the concert of course.

all i have to say is:

down with the F-lames!!!

i'm rooting for detroit like there's no tommorow.

good luck with getting the ticket. :D

as with the Cancuks, 4 straight playoff appearance with only a series win, that's pretty sad. I feel sorry for Hedberg too, playing an average game gave him the fate of sitting on the bench when you are supposed to be the first goalie after Cloutier.

when can Linden hold up the Stanley Cup ?

Sorry that I made it as an hockey forum :LOL:

anyway, Muse Rocks, so does Canucks !!!

Archived