Chinese Musers Thread

Life must hate me

• 5 months later...
YAY a Chinese Musers thread! :) I'm Chinese American, born and raised in Southern California. My mom is from Guangzhou and my dad is from Vietnam. Cantonese, Hakka Chinese, Vietnamese, Mandarin, and English are all spoken in the house. :D But I often reply my parents in English. :$ All those years of Chinese school didn't help but I'm taking Chinese classes again, this time in uni. I was in Shanghai just last month, too. Didn't know how to read much of the simplified characters :stunned:

I knew Muse had a following in Hong Kong and Singapore but wasn't sure if they had a fan base in China. Hope I get to see them the next time they tour in Asia. :)

And just curious......are there any good Chinese rock bands/artists out there?

不好意思,我的中文真的很差。。。 I'd translate what I wrote if I could... :$

I wouldn't say they have a strong base in mainland but the last two gigs in Hong Kong were fab. Welcome to the thread btw!

FYI great Chinese bands? Snapline is still my top choice. They do GREAT electronic music that brings you shivers:happy: loads of people are doing folk songs and trying to remain non-commercial so they're not that recognizable to be honest. I'll tell you more if you narrow down your interests:happy:

你的中文没问题,那一句话就很流畅了啊wwww

• 2 months later...
I wouldn't say they have a strong base in mainland but the last two gigs in Hong Kong were fab. Welcome to the thread btw!

FYI great Chinese bands? Snapline is still my top choice. They do GREAT electronic music that brings you shivers:happy: loads of people are doing folk songs and trying to remain non-commercial so they're not that recognizable to be honest. I'll tell you more if you narrow down your interests:happy:

你的中文没问题,那一句话就很流畅了啊wwww

你太客氣了!:happy: I'll give Snapline a listen, thanks! Also, I see from your sig that you're on the Chinese Muse forum. I've been trying to get Muse博物館's attention on Weibo, but no luck. :p

Here's my Weibo: http://www.weibo.com/polythenelucy Would be nice to interact with some Musers rather than spam bots!

• 2 months later...
你太客氣了!:happy: I'll give Snapline a listen, thanks! Also, I see from your sig that you're on the Chinese Muse forum. I've been trying to get Muse博物館's attention on Weibo, but no luck. :p

Here's my Weibo: http://www.weibo.com/polythenelucy Would be nice to interact with some Musers rather than spam bots!

lol now we notice you! New post about Matt signing contract for future gigs in China! Yesh!

Ps. I added you already. my weibo: http://weibo.com/stannnnn - although I did still spam on it:$

I'm in HK but 'NUway' didn't have any Muse songs! We're going to 'Music Box' tomorrow which'll hopefully return a better result. Do a NUway boxes use the same machines?

are you talking about KTV? :awesome: neither of the places I went to in Shanghai had Muse songs :supersad: but I was surprised they had Cage the Elephant!!!

62ccdc87jw1e3a5x70ad8j.jpg

what was this about...I don't like people who play with Musers' feelings... :$

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived