Message board Q&A with Muse! (Questions Only Thread)

JessicaSarahS

How did you come up with an idea to record the acapella song "Drones", what inspired you to create such a song? :musesign:

And what significance you give to Palestrina's role in the history of music?

In general, tell us more about this song. We REALLY want to know what meaning it has on the album and to you: why is it at the end? why is it played twice at gigs?

Hi guys, I have two simple questions.

#1 Muse never played songs like Falling Away With You or Aftermath in the shows... Why? I think everyone always wanted to know the answer.

#2 You never thought about re-record an album like Showbiz? The technology is becoming more advanced and with your experience in music, maybe a new Showbiz in the present would be amazing.

Thanks anyway, Muse forever.

Edited by Santi-MK

During Muse's early days, the band did acoustic renditions of their album songs. Do any of the band members think about doing any additional acoustic work in the future, or does the band feel that doing acoustic work is something that's already been experimented with enough?

Edited by MattGuitar

ok my second question:

You kept saying since 2013 you wanted to go back towards the heavier, rockier guitar/bass/drums 3-piece sound, especially after the T2L tour having been one to promote Muse's softer/electronic side. How was the experience of exploring your roots, and did it not feel like your thing anymore, since after Drones was out and the touring properly kicked off, apart from Psycho tour and Download (and June festivals in general) setlists haven't been particularly 'heavy', especially some good old rock staples such as Stockholm and New Born having disappeared completely. I guess what I'm trying to ask here is something along the lines of.. Do you not feel comfortable playing the heavier stuff anymore/does it fee llike you sort of 'have to' do it for the hardcore fans, or are you compelled to play the big softer hits by the record company etc?

(sorry that was an awfully long and messy question if it's chosen please feel free to condense, although I suppose setlist-related questions won't get answered... if too similar to what's been asked already, here's my back up question:

When you played Agitated and Yes Please in Helsinki out of the blue at the end of the stadium tour couple of years back, was it actually completely spontaneous, did you still remember how to play them just like that, or had they perhaps been rehearsed beforehand, for Japan for example?

..although I do have a feeling that one wouldn't get answered either... :LOL:)

For Matt, pre-release you talked about The Globalist being a sequel to Citizen Erased, and that you tried to get back into that sort of mindset while writing it.

Could you elaborate on that? What were you trying to recapture, why Citizen Erased specifically, and what drove the decision to include rearrangements of several existing pieces of music into the song?

From the interviews we know that in Drones the band has attempted to go to the roots in terms of sound and after the tour will embark on making a new album. Have you got ideas for the lyrical content yet? You have used space metaphors and themes before, following the recent breakthrough in the studies of space and Universe do you see the potential here?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2016/02/09/what-will-it-mean-if-ligo-detects-gravitational-waves/#6db80b634726