Message board Q&A with Muse! (Questions Only Thread)

JessicaSarahS

My question is for Matthew. I am a visual artist, I paint in acrylics, pastels, mixed media, etc. I have a deadline coming up and today I'm feeling 'stuck' and uninspired. How do you get 'unstuck' and inspired when this happens to you? Does this happen to you?

-- Vanessa <--> Love Bellamy

Matt, I have a gift for you, where can I mail so you'll get it? It's nothing obscene or offensive, just a small mixed media collage artwork ( pic included, hopefully ). I was going to try and meet you (again) after the Barclay's Center show and give it to you personally, but I had a minor medical emergency and had to go with the EMT's to the medical room instead. Thank you Matt.<3

PICT0001.thumb.JPG.954f3068558d94a5702908cab3591c44.JPG

Matt, I have a gift for you, where can I mail so you'll get it? It's nothing obscene or offensive, just a small mixed media collage artwork ( pic included, hopefully ). I was going to try and meet you (again) after the Barclay's Center show and give it to you personally, but I had a minor medical emergency and had to go with the EMT's to the medical room instead. Thank you Matt.<3

This ties in with the second question I wanted to ask. Fans often ask where they can post gifts for band members and I think, at present, the only place we can post things to is the record company. Would the band consider employing one or more people specifically to deal with gifts and cards? It would be nice to have an address that wasn't linked to the record company which may not be permanent.

Back before Origin Of Symmetry was released, you said on microcuts that you had the following songs on it - 'Origin Of Symmetry', 'Love Bleach', and 'Razor Song'. Were these tracks that were cut or were they renamed, and if the latter, what were they renamed to?

1. You used to release singles on CD/DVD supports. These formats are now outdated or only cherished by collectors but the thing is they did include B-Sides and now we are running out of B-Sides. Would you consider releasing some more again? Even if only released digitally or given away.

2. Lots of bands (Red Hot Chili Peppers for instance) put audio bootlegs on sale on their website. People can legally download the audio of the concert they've been to, listen to it and remember their good time. That's pretty cool. Would you be up for it?

My question to Muse is, how has the Drones Tour compared to the tours in the past from your guys perspective? Do you guys believe that this is the best tour you guys have done so far, or was there a tour in the past that you guys thought were superior than the others?

For Matt: You hold the world record for the most guitars thrown on one tour, is their a special guitar you'd never throw? And is there one you have regretted throwing?

For Chris/Tom: Have you ever been tempted to throw/destroy equipment? If so how do you stop this temptation?

As you know a lot of your fans follow you absolutely everywhere, is there a band/artist you would do the same for/would have done when you were younger? How do you feel about seeing the same faces in the crowd all the time, does it ever get creepy or boring? : D