Q&A Discussion Thread

JessicaSarahS

I'd love this as well, though I can't see it happening at this point unfortunately.

I'd love some kind of Muse Live Blu-Ray Boxset re-release with re-mastered/updated versions of Hulla, Abso Tour, HAARP, Origin @ Reading and (begrudgingly) Live At Rome. Maybe with a future Drones gig on there as well. Hell, I'd love even just HAARP tbh. Like you said though, it'll probs never happen.

Didn't know Hulla and Abso couldn't be watched in America.

From the interviews we know that in Drones the band has attempted to go to the roots in terms of sound and after the tour will embark on making a new album. Have you got ideas for the lyrical content yet? You have used space metaphors and themes before, following the recent breakthrough in the studies of space and Universe do you see the potential here?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2016/02/09/what-will-it-mean-if-ligo-detects-gravitational-waves/#6db80b634726

This is actually exactly what i want on their next album :yesey:

Maybe like a follow up to BH&R thematically since i almost feel like the themes on that album are more relevant now than 10 years ago...

Edited by PunkPhantom

2. In one of the interviews some time ago you said that you were considering covering "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face". Could we hear it as a B-side or in the BBC Live Lounge in the next Era?

Thanks for this opportunity to ask you quesitons, we really appreciate it.

I thought about questioning this as well, thanx for doing it! We need an answer and I'd like to hear this song from Muse! :happy:

Maybe like a follow up to BH&R thematically since i almost feel like the themes on that album are more relevant now than 10 years ago...

Really? How come?

I mean, aside from the more personal themes (obviously), the political themes are fairly specific to that time period imo.

Have you written songs that were never recorded on an album ? If so, will we ever have the chance to listen to them ? ;)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. But I remember someone in the band saying the recorded about 20 song for BHaR. But only 14, 15 if they count Grand omega bosses, was released.

Haha go for it.

I like this question.

I'd love this as well, though I can't see it happening at this point unfortunately.

Done!

I'd love some kind of Muse Live Blu-Ray Boxset re-release with re-mastered/updated versions of Hulla, Abso Tour, HAARP, Origin @ Reading and (begrudgingly) Live At Rome. Maybe with a future Drones gig on there as well. Hell, I'd love even just HAARP tbh. Like you said though, it'll probs never happen.

Didn't know Hulla and Abso couldn't be watched in America.

Agreed. Yes please.

No they're PAL format so you can't play them in conventional players

.You can, however, use a computer to watch or convert them, which is what I did

Edited by bob122577

Really? How come?

I mean, aside from the more personal themes (obviously), the political themes are fairly specific to that time period imo.

"There is a theme on the album, it's that kind of connection to the cycles of history where the tension builds up and then it's released, whether it's catastrophic like a nuclear war, or aliens come down and it's brilliant. But there's definitely a sense of something big is about to happen."

I really meant this. This feeling that we're on the verge of something big happening, be it political revolution or inversely the government cracking down and becoming more Orwellian and the recent discoveries in space and physics and the promise of commercial space travel by 2020.

I was only 11 in 2006 so maybe i'm wrong, maybe it felt like it even more back then, but i'm really kind of feeling this a lot right now mid-this decade and going into the next that there's gonna be a big political change for better or for worse and i feel like the 2020's could be the next space age.

Maybe that's just me though :happy:

Edited by PunkPhantom

Even if we haven't had the time to delete them they won't end up on the list sent to management. People haven't realised that the band won't read this thread so none of the personal messages are relevant as well.

Not sure but we think it will be written.

Answer to the question where will the answers be.

All those people who joined the last few days because of the q&a :$:rolleyes::twitchy:

I mean, it WAS played live right?

I can think of 3 off the top of my head but, according to Setlistfm, it was played 5 times.

Not many, fair enough, but I don't get why someone wouldn't just YT or even Google "I belong to you live" instead of assuming it was never played :chuckle:

Im thinking some of these new accounts are duplicates, so the same people can exceed their question limit...

Plus, they might be journalists! :eek: they choose any name, don't edit their profile at all - and ask silly questions :p

I hope the management will choose good questions, a lot of them - or all good ones! I mean, hey there is no time pressure as long as all good question will be answered. I can wait :D

Are you going to play Showbiz ever again?

Can these kinds of questions stop? I'm quite sure that every song they've ever put out will return in some form or another in the next 30 years before they stop touring.

If you're going to ask, ask about the "near future". That's the only way such a question will be useful to anyone.

I don't really want to get my hopes up about them answering the interesting ones.

As long as they see it, I don't really care, but it'd be nice to acknowledge the negativity considering the board has a reputation for that.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge