Q&A Discussion Thread

JessicaSarahS

I'm fairly certain the question Frakkles posted as well as Clunge's won't get answered because they don't even make an attempt to be civil, they simply call the band out for injury. Highly unlikely unless they get edited IMO. The idea is sound but the delivery is botched

Wut? :erm:. How is my question not civil? It points out three incontrovertible truths about Muse's current live show. As one of tens of thousands of people who have invested heavily in Muse as a live act over many years, they should be accountable to everyone who pays to attend one of their gigs.

Wut? :erm:. How is my question not civil? It points out three incontrovertible truths about Muse's current live show. As one of tens of thousands of people who have invested heavily in Muse as a live act over many years, they should be accountable to everyone who pays to attend one of their gigs.

Again, I'm not criticizing the substance of your post. I'm saying the way you phrased it has angry overtones rather than presenting the question in a way that isn't (or at least IMO) emotionally charged. And yes, accountability is everything but I'm sure they'd avoid answering questions that make them feel put on the spot rather than a question that is trying to get into their reasoning with maybe a nudge to change their antics. I know personally if I were the band, I wouldn't feel the need to "defend myself" against a fan that came off as being wronged if I didn't want bad PR.

This kind of logic applies to the other posters too, not just you. Yours was probably the best of the bunch but others were simply antagonizing the band and those posts will almost certainly not submitted

I think the idea is right, but maybe not the wording. I think something like "Do you think your gigs are the right length for a band 7 albums into their career?" or "Do you think your gigs can/should be longer?" or something like may be likelier to get a response. But then that's thinking more politically about it, ehdunno.

For the record I didn't know incontrovertible was a real word. So least I got that out of it.

Do you sometimes sit together and watch your old performances?

I'd like to hear this one. I mean, I can't imagine them watching those kinds of gigs and playing these types of sets, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think they've all mentioned occasionally going back and watching some of their older performances (especially big gigs like Wembley '07 and Glasto '04) separately, particularly in recent years iirc. Not sure how much of that they've done together though, probably just the odd song here or there where someone's gone "Shit, guys, remember this?".

I think it inspires certain things (song comebacks, old CE riff in Supremacy, maybe the return of Matt smashing guitars/amps which dulled down a bit between BH&R and TR iirc) but obviously not too much.

Edited by Jobby

I'm fairly certain the question Frakkles posted as well as Clunge's won't get answered because they don't even make an attempt to be civil, they simply call the band out for injury. Highly unlikely unless they get edited IMO. The idea is sound but the delivery is botched

I think Clunge's question, although maybe a bit harsh (as you're saying), could be considered quite spot on. I particularly agree about the length of the most recent Asian and American setlists, which is a bit too short and not so much inclusive of their whole work.

About Frakkles' question, instead, unless he was just joking, even I was like: "Seriously?!"

I do, that's why I asked, duh.

There are always the same questions about tours, setlist polls, come to my country, play the song I like, etc. In the past I asked something serious, but now I want to read a relaxed, silly answer.

i'm just having a laugh, I wonder how crazy the questions are going to get since you can only ask a question once. The ones about the tour were all taken after the first two or three pages.

Do you even understand what "uncivil" means? Think you need a dictionary mate, obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Ignore him. He's uncivil.

Do you even understand what "uncivil" means? Think you need a dictionary mate, obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Ignore him. He's uncivil.

No need to get your panties in a bunch, I was criticising the posts, not the person(s)/you. No need to be an ass and undermine yourself by feeling the need to attack someone's intelligence over the Internet. You must feel big and important.

No need to get your panties in a bunch, I was criticising the posts, not the person(s)/you. No need to be an ass and undermine yourself by feeling the need to attack someone's intelligence over the Internet. You must feel big and important.

No, I just wanted to help you with your definitions by using you an example. :)

"If you could swap bodies with a female artist who would it be?" Literally who fucking gives a fuck

This is how people are going to use a platform given to them?

wXqbR2x.jpg

People can ask whatever they wanna ask as long as it follows the rules the mods set for the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk