Q&A Discussion Thread

JessicaSarahS

Back before Origin Of Symmetry was released, you said on microcuts that you had the following songs on it - 'Origin Of Symmetry', 'Love Bleach', and 'Razor Song'. Were these tracks that were cut or were they renamed, and if the latter, what were they renamed to?

Not sure if this person will even see this, but I'm pretty sure 'Razor Song' became Screenager, or possibly Micro Cuts.

Not sure if this person will even see this, but I'm pretty sure 'Razor Song' became Screenager, or possibly Micro Cuts.

Yeah, pretty sure 'Razor Song' was Screenager. I seem to remember 'Origin Of Symmetry' being Futurism and 'Love Bleach' maaaybe being Dark Shines or Hyper Music too.

Yeah, pretty sure 'Razor Song' was Screenager. I seem to remember 'Origin Of Symmetry' being Futurism and 'Love Bleach' maaaybe being Dark Shines or Hyper Music too.

Yep

"Screenager is a modern teenager being brought up by the screen who develops a distorted image of their body because of pictures in magazines and because technology is rejecting the physical bodies we live in. It's also a bit about people who cut themselves because I used to have friends who did it and I didn't know why. I tried to grasp that it's needing something quite brutal to remind you what your body's about"

Nah most of the questions are pretty good. I've only seen one question about Belldom!

No, they were different tracks. You're probably right about Razor Song though.

I know for a fact that at one point Screenager had been called "Razor Blades And Glossy Magazines" or something like that.

Edited by PunkPhantom

Nah most of the questions are pretty good. I've only seen one question about Belldom! ��

I know for a fact that at one point Screenager had been called "Razor Blades And Glossy Magazines" or something like that.

Yeah I know, I meant Love Bleach and Origin of Symmetry are songs we don't know anything about.

I hope my questions have a chance. They're somewhat similar to questions otheres asked, but mine have different aspects, so I thought they're valid. So you know, I'm not trying to annoy you, mods.

About that disability question: I doubt the band is to blame here. I'd blame the venue and the organizer. People also need to remember that disability doesn't equal wheelchair. I had to convince Ticketmaster to take one of my tickets back, because I'd only bought the extra one in case my visually impaired friend didn't get a special ticket (with that she can bring an accompanying person for free). When tickets are selling out fast, it's super unhelpful to have to request your special ticket by e-mail instead of just byuing it.

Damn we mentioned to refrain from the 'when are you coming to my country?' questions but looks like we forgot to mention that it isn't a song request thread either! Lol

It's okay, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. People are asking about their country despite the rule.

Mods, I have a question! There are topically similar questions, will you mash these together to get every aspect of them in or are you planning to just concentrate on one aspect that you find more important?

I like the questions about letting fans choose (part of) the setlist, but I don't have much hope for that. It didn't work too well the last time. :erm:

And I love these questions:

1. You used to release singles on CD/DVD supports. These formats are now outdated or only cherished by collectors but the thing is they did include B-Sides and now we are running out of B-Sides. Would you consider releasing some more again? Even if only released digitally or given away.

2. Lots of bands (Red Hot Chili Peppers for instance) put audio bootlegs on sale on their website. People can legally download the audio of the concert they've been to, listen to it and remember their good time. That's pretty cool. Would you be up for it?

Dom, considering how many times Matt has chucked a guitar in your direction, I've always wondered if you ever felt like throwing something back? I'd pay real American dollars to see you haul off and throw your kick drum at him or something!

#2 would you consider writing purely acoustic or piano songs again for the next album (like Space Dementia, Eurasia, Hoodoo etc.)? It's sad to hear these instruments, once typical for the band, slowly disappearing from the songs...

Yeah I know, I meant Love Bleach and Origin of Symmetry are songs we don't know anything about.

I never expected to spark a discussion in this thread. :p But yeah, I knew about Razor Song, I just lumped it in there for completion's sake. I'm gonna guess that they won't even remember, but hell, may as well ask and see if I can get a response anyway. If I had to guess and they were all renames, Origin Of Symmetry is probably Citizen Erased or Megalomania, and Love Bleach... I have no clue. Maybe they wanted to rename Feeling Good? Or, far more crackpot theory, they were going to cover Nirvana's Love Buzz.

I never expected to spark a discussion in this thread. :p But yeah, I knew about Razor Song, I just lumped it in there for completion's sake. I'm gonna guess that they won't even remember, but hell, may as well ask and see if I can get a response anyway. If I had to guess and they were all renames, Origin Of Symmetry is probably Citizen Erased or Megalomania, and Love Bleach... I have no clue. Maybe they wanted to rename Feeling Good? Or, far more crackpot theory, they were going to cover Nirvana's Love Buzz.

I knew that Futurism used to be named Tesseract, while Megalomania working title was... Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist.

Origin Of Symmetry and Love Bleach indeed are two songs everyone has never listened to..

Really happy this Q&A is happening :happy: There's pretty much no direct interaction with the fans online anywhere other than Twitter so it's nice to be acknowledged.

Also, I hope that BH&R anniversary question gets used :shifty: They almost certainly wouldn't confirm anything but it'd be nice to just get a hint from the band themselves, or see if they turn it down completely.

I really think Love Bleach was probably Hyper Music because Matt described Hyper Music as "a song about wanting to destroy someone you've loved" so Love Bleach sounds like it could fit.

I do hope they answer this. We need answers.

I love your "Would YOU pay £75 to see your current show?" question.

I'm fairly certain the question Frakkles posted as well as Clunge's won't get answered because they don't even make an attempt to be civil, they simply call the band out for injury. Highly unlikely unless they get edited IMO. The idea is sound but the delivery is botched