Q&A Discussion Thread

JessicaSarahS

That was interesting. I think a couple of those answers really reinforce song choice, setlist, rarities, etc, really is Matt's fiefdom.

Also, the whole two hours max thing, I do actually agree with Dom a lot on that - it's just that A. Muse fill half their shows with filler these days, and B. they rarely reach the two-hour mark even with all that filler.

I do agree 2 hours would be a good run w/o the filler. The gigs seem substantially shorter when you're there, and more aware of just how few songs are played.

I'm sure it's down to just being casual, and we don't have the context, but Dom always manages to make his and Matt's relationship seem really antagonistic.

Dom always manages to make his and Matt's relationship seem really antagonistic.

I think antagonistic is a bit too severe of a word. There's not necessarily hostility behind their decisions, but they definitely don't see eye to eye on everything and that's a good thing imo. Keeps things lively! :happy:

I wrote it on Reddit. He answered all the ones that were given to him that survived the cut.

Matt answered my question and I'm really happy about it 😊 but I noticed my question was edited/cut ... So I wonder if he actually read my whole original question or only the part wrote in the post with his answer? Because from his answer he might have read the whole question. Hope I'm clear 😁

That was interesting. I think a couple of those answers really reinforce song choice, setlist, rarities, etc, really is Matt's fiefdom.

Also, the whole two hours max thing, I do actually agree with Dom a lot on that - it's just that A. Muse fill half their shows with filler these days, and B. they rarely reach the two-hour mark even with all that filler.

indeed, he's proper workshy when it comes to revisiting old songs, he is. 'I just wanna chill out up there y'know' :mad:

Agreed I couldn't be arsed with more than two hours. But... use it wisely? :D

I'd say it's brotherly, if anything.

Maybe this is my bad upbringing, but I'd still classify that as antagonistic. :chuckle:

I once tried to give my sister away at the mall.

Not that there hasn't been videos/interviews of Matt saying stuff to Dom in a tone that seems rather insulting, because there are. That's what happens when three adults have to spend so much time together.

But I've noticed lately in interviews with Chris and Dom they're very blamey towards Matt in regards to setlists and song choices, at least. Not that I disagree with them in the slightest.

US comments never.

Let's just get it out in the open: were any of those questions even submitted?

Not that there hasn't been videos/interviews of Matt saying stuff to Dom in a tone that seems rather insulting, because there are. That's what happens when three adults have to spend so much time together.

But I've noticed lately in interviews with Chris and Dom they're very blamey towards Matt in regards to setlists and song choices, at least. Not that I disagree with them in the slightest.

Don't overthink it.

Not that there hasn't been videos/interviews of Matt saying stuff to Dom in a tone that seems rather insulting, because there are.

Like shouting "FUCK OFF YOU CUNT!" in his face?

That's what happens when three adults have to spend so much time together.

I'm not sure I'd class Matt as an adult...

It's just dawned on me how wonderfully Dom's just stitched Matt up, knowing full well he'll now be flooded with requests to play a song he's shit-scared of playing :LOL:

You could argue Matt might actually be right in this situation though tbf. Some songs just don't work live and there's elements of Glorious I can see being slightly too hard to work around, particularly the guitar in the chorus, unless they find some way to re-work them. Could pull a Futurism and sound a lot better now though, who knows.

That said, I'd be all up for a Twitter barrage on their next set of club gigs :ninja:even if Easily would be a better choice

Edited by Jobby

I want to play Glorious and Matt is always like ‘fuck off’...

Dammit, Matt! I couldn't hear Fury live, because the tickets to the gig it was played at were only winnable. And now we learn Matt is withholding Glorious.

Yes we have been thinking about this and working towards it for years. I think there is something slightly daunting about the spontaneity of it all as we’d only ever want it to be great, which is generally the main aspect of pressure we are applying to ourselves all the time. It’s hard for every gig to be amazing, but we do try.

Well, it's nice that they've been working towards downloadable gig video/audio for years, but when will we see them released?! *grabby hands*

They're worrying too much about being perfect. We just want to hear the gig we attended again, with all its endearing flaws.

It’s also nice that it's more about the music rather than production, so I think we will always go back to playing smaller places every now and then to feel that energy.

Yessss. But will there be a proper tour?!

Have you ever consider making gigs audio and/or video available for download to your fans for a fee?

Yes we have been thinking about this and working towards it for years. I think there is something slightly daunting about the spontaneity of it all as we’d only ever want it to be great, which is generally the main aspect of pressure we are applying to ourselves all the time. It’s hard for every gig to be amazing, but we do try.

I think this was my question (combined with someone else's too) :happy:

I like what he said about Glorious and how positive he was about getting loads of various song requests. He's a good lad.