Q&A Discussion Thread

JessicaSarahS

Loads of people joined the board to ask them questions though, look at the number of people who asked them and never made another post.

Nooooooot me!:) I was wondering when to join the board but was so busy! The Q&A was just want I needed to motivate me!

Still, some of the questions kinda pissed me off...

Sorry, just had to clear my name, as the first time I went on this thread, everyone was talking about people making accounts just for the Q&A so I felt kinda bad!

Ramble over:LOL:

After seeing Muse on Monday, I thought of a question I should have asked Matt: ' Do you know what Elgar's descendants think of 'The Globalist's' use of 'Nimrod' from 'Enigma Vaiations?' '

I doubt they are aware of what Muse have done so I don't think you've missed out.

Did anyone really expect them to answer the setlist questions?

Other than some random and really horrific rotations, they seem to have vastly improved in Europe, anyways. So, it was either already taken to heart, or planned to improve in Europe from the get go.

(We know for a fact they were aware of the complaints... lest anyone forget Tom's video...)

Other than some random and really horrific rotations, they seem to have vastly improved in Europe, anyways. So, it was either already taken to heart, or planned to improve in Europe from the get go.

(We know for a fact they were aware of the complaints... lest anyone forget Tom's video...)

Yeah but those were all whiney and extremely watered down, considering how none of them could say them to his face. At least now some concise, well-put together statement has (presumably) come before his eyes, so there's that. Not answering that is problematic.

I don't know if it helps, but I can say they were asked at least once, in person, about the state of the US setlists in a non-whiney fashion, and the answer was just basically "it's business."

Admittedly no one had the nerve to say something like "well, that's bullshit" (it is) to them.

And I guess it's worth noting that they did add Map into the sets after that, but it was just too little too late.

Especially coming alongside requests for things like CE and Bliss that were deliberately omitted from the US sets, but played regularly in Europe and even the Canadian dates in the middle of the US ones.

What could they honestly say about it that would make me feel better?

They've said enough about it that's made me feel super shitty, already.

So Matt finally answered some questions! :D

He can't site-read...does this mean he can't play with the sheet of notes infront on the piano? interesting!

I wonder which questions the other two will choose

He can't play songs on the first try given the sheet.

I don't know if it helps, but I can say they were asked at least once, in person, about the state of the US setlists in a non-whiney fashion, and the answer was just basically "it's business."

Admittedly no one had the nerve to say something like "well, that's bullshit" (it is) to them.

And I guess it's worth noting that they did add Map into the sets after that, but it was just too little too late.

Especially coming alongside requests for things like CE and Bliss that were deliberately omitted from the US sets, but played regularly in Europe and even the Canadian dates in the middle of the US ones.

What could they honestly say about it that would make me feel better?

They've said enough about it that's made me feel super shitty, already.

I still wonder if there's outside pressure to the differences.

He can't play songs on the first try given the sheet.

I still wonder if there's outside pressure to the differences.

I mean, it's just as simple as "you have to play songs X, Y and Z" - but they've played those songs in Europe, pretty without fail, too.

The differences are mainly minor, with the band adding in 2-3 songs (CE, Bliss, SS, TaB,) and it's just that they make a major difference and give fans something more unexpected to look forward to.

I can't think of any external pressure that would force them to actually omit stuff like CE and Bliss (or not really rotate the other rotatables like they are in Europe,) considering they just cut the slot out entirely and there wasn't a song they "had" to play.

"I've not been very focussed on piano in recent years, mainly guitar, I probably need to get back on it"

Yes please. Start by adding three or four extra pianos songs to the setlist like in the absolution days.

I was really excited to read that. :happy:

Also, he answered my question and I totally fangirled last night.

I expected an answer because they were asked coherently and nicely. I just hope that they werent seen before the decision to bring back Take a Bow/Citizen/Stockholm and Bliss as regulars.

I expected an answer because they were asked coherently and nicely. I just hope that they werent seen before the decision to bring back Take a Bow/Citizen/Stockholm and Bliss as regulars.

You prefer the "they're disdainful of the US" answer over them seeing it was a problem and fixing it too late?

I guess my belief is simply there's no good answer to give, and the politic thing to do wa to not give one.

I vastly prefered the fantasy. :(