Silliest Muse Lyrics?

TheHappySpaceman

Unfortunately a lot of Matt's descriptions of his own songs are contradictory, and complete bullshit.

There was a lot of this during this Drones era, too, tbh, but it was particularly bad back then.

I suppose that fits quite well with the fact he was "covering up" personal issues with political topics and didn't want to talk about the personal things, though.

With Drones, you can at least say that the songs fit the plot, for the most part. Of course, all art is open to interpretation, so perhaps it was a reference to certain other things.

This is just loltastic pertaining to Dead Star, no matter how you interpret it. :chuckle:

...yeah, that song does blame the other person more than Taylor Swift. Still good for headbanging, though, if you don't listen to the lyrics. :\mm/:

• 2 months later...
The "babe"s scattered throughout Drones (album) annoy me.

THANK YOU! :D I've ALWAYS hated that & as much as I enjoy Reapers, I hated that so much, just ruins the theme for me.

However, During The Globalist in Glasgow, he removed that word and replaced it with "now". I was pleased :D

Anyway, Silliest Muse lyrics?

"You Fucking Motherfucker"

/endthread :LOL:

(On a serious note, I seen why the "colour verse" in Defector annoys people. Yeah, I get their meanings but it does feel like lazy songwriting at the same time :'). )

However, During The Globalist in Glasgow, he removed that word and replaced it with "now". I was pleased :D

He did it at all 5 dates I went to as well, think he's permanently changed it. Not sure why but I know he seems to take The Globalist pretty seriously so maybe he just figured that word didn't fit with the tone.

As opposed to something like Reapers where the chorus is so ridiculous it doesn't really make any difference :chuckle:

THANK YOU! :D I've ALWAYS hated that & as much as I enjoy Reapers, I hated that so much, just ruins the theme for me.

I can't bloody stand the word "babe". I dumped a bloke once for calling me it even when he knew how much it annoyed me. It's used so much as a filler word in lyrics and I got right pissed off with it on my first listen to Drones. I shall replace it with "now" instead coz that works well mostly.

I second: "It's happening soon, / It's happening soon, / Its scent has been blowing in my direct-shoon."

Surprised no one seems to have mentioned: "When you Instant Message me with a promise, / I can feel it, I can tell you're gonna be / Just like meeeeee."

Or you know, all of the lyrics from that song. :LOL:

He did it at all 5 dates I went to as well, think he's permanently changed it. Not sure why but I know he seems to take The Globalist pretty seriously so maybe he just figured that word didn't fit with the tone.

As opposed to something like Reapers where the chorus is so ridiculous it doesn't really make any difference :chuckle:

Really? Great! I was just so pleased when I heard him remove it entierly during that performance. It just made it that tiny bit more awesome

Reapers? It's mad but that wordshould still get killed off :D

I can't bloody stand the word "babe". I dumped a bloke once for calling me it even when he knew how much it annoyed me. It's used so much as a filler word in lyrics and I got right pissed off with it on my first listen to Drones. I shall replace it with "now" instead coz that works well mostly.

Neither can I! Hence why It annoyed me in Drones. Always hated that word & can never bring myself to say it :LOL:

Also, Static Shadows. YES! I forgot all about Pink Ego Box :') That song was just...ridiculous lol

• 2 weeks later...
The "babe"s scattered throughout Drones (album) annoy me.

Yeah, especially The Globalist. I really wish he did his live version "It's you and me Now" on the album, to me that little change just has more effect on the whole vibe of that part of the song

• 1 month later...
Anyway, Silliest Muse lyrics?

"You Fucking Motherfucker"

/endthread :LOL:

Yep, nothing sillier than that! :D

I will say that the word "babe" may belong in some songs by other bands (like Def Leppard songs for example), but not in a serious Muse song about mutual nuclear annihilation and the end of the world.

I second: "It's happening soon, / It's happening soon, / Its scent has been blowing in my direct-shoon."

There are stretch rhymes (like rhyming "saw" with "go" in MOTP), and then there's that. :LOL:

Surprised no one seems to have mentioned: "When you Instant Message me with a promise, / I can feel it, I can tell you're gonna be / Just like meeeeee."

Or you know, all of the lyrics from that song. :LOL:

I didn't mention it because I actually don't know what song that's from. :stunned:

Royal Canadian Blended

Closely followed by...

And your belly is all yellow :p

I've been getting a lot of comments about the line in Defector, but I missed that one from Sober. Good catch! :)

It's a real saying!!!!!!! :twitchy:

Has no one ever seen a western? Looney Tunes?

Back to the Future 3...?

Yeah I was wondering if I was the only person who realised! Yellow belly = coward. Blue blood = royal. Not sure about the green mind bit but green = envy quite often.

Is this not a thing everywhere (in the English-speaking world at least)?!

I assure you it is. Even in my country the expression about yellow belly is used to describe cowardice. The only thing is, it's to be considered a bit old-fashioned (and awarely over-the-top) here.

Let's say it's usually associated with fictional medieval knighthood.

I assure you it is. Even in my country the expression about yellow belly is used to describe cowardice. The only thing is, it's to be considered a bit old-fashioned (and awarely over-the-top) here.

Let's say it's usually associated with fictional medieval knighthood.

Oh interesting :) It's still pretty current here.

Yeah I was wondering if I was the only person who realised! Yellow belly = coward. Blue blood = royal. Not sure about the green mind bit but green = envy quite often.

It's quite common knowledge, at least on here.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel like the "green" bit was supposed to be referring to money. Envy could also be part of it.

Dead Star - "fshth", "tststststs". Worst lyrics ever.

Oh god, I remember those. :LOL: At first, I thought those were just part of the instrumental track.

Do we also count Muse's collaborations on this list? Because "Who Knows Who" is pretty goofy.