Silliest Muse Lyrics?

TheHappySpaceman

"Fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking hell! Fucking, fucking little, fucking, fucking fuckers, yeah!"

-That one live performance of Feeling Good

Yeah, that and the Starlight hidden track might just be the greatest bad Muse lyrics of all time. :LOL:

You can absolutely swear here. Otherwise we couldn't even quote the lyrics to Muse's opening "single" from their new album.

Do you mean Psycho? I thought that Dead Inside was the first single from Drones.

Probably any of the live performances with added swears.

"They will not con-fucking-trol us."

"Can't push us under the fucking ground."

"Now I finally realize, what you fucking mean."

"Come on and fuck our plans."

Do you mean Psycho? I thought that Dead Inside was the first single from Drones.

"Your ass belongs to me now!" Like wtf does that mean tho :stunned:

"Now you're fucking dead inside."

Debatable if it's a "single" or not, but Psycho was the first song released.

This is true.

"Your ass belongs to me now!" Like wtf does that mean tho :stunned:

I think it was a reference to the drill sergeant in the Stanley Kubrick movie Full Metal Jacket.

Yes, I'm Batman

The question is, which Batman? Michael Keaton? Christian Bale? Kevin Conroy?

As silly as the line is, it fits the military theme, and (bluntly) describes the theme of the album. I live with it.

It's not the worst they've done.

Yeah. Oh, I remember the song I was thinking of: Neutron Star Collision. All of the lyrics. It's a good song, really well written and with good instrumentation, but it's hard to think of the lyrics in any other context than the Twilight movies.

If it helps, it wasn't written for Twilight.

Matt admitted it was a song he wrote after a breakup, and was reminiscing about the beginning of the relationship and how they met and fell in love.

Speculated that it was written to try and win her back.

Super depressing.

:eek: Oh, really? Interesting. Well, Matt, I sincerely apologize. I'll try to find some more silly lyrics to make fun of instead.

I still can't stand some of the lyrics in Dead Inside (apologies if this was brought up earlier in the thread, not a lot of time to go back and check.) I'd say it counts as silly when Matt says "on the outside i'm the greatest guy, but now i'm dead inside"

i've just...never really seen him as outright saying that he's the greatest? :unsure:

I reckon that's more how the villain has moulded our protagonist into a carbon copy of him/herself rather than thinking s/he personally is the greatest.

The 'ex' character has magic in their eyes, is ablaze and alive etc. but all along they're dead inside. As our hero says, "I've become just like you" - they're not great at all; it's the image they're portraying to the rest of the world that's great when actually, they've been turned into another soulless drone.

(Dead Inside describes my ex so accurately it's frightening. I had my personality eroded away over almost ten years by someone who everyone thinks is fantastic, but shows a totally different face when it's just the two of you. I also get to work with him and hear our colleagues saying what a decent bloke he is. I've stopped being quiet about it. Dead Inside gives me many feels on this subject, along with Handler.)