WKQX Chicago - Chris interview, Nov. 2015

Ev1980

The talk of problems with the drones (losing calibration and crashing into seats) has me a bit worried/paranoid tbh :erm: if something were to go wrong...

Also hope this ton of 'running' Matt's gonna be doing doesn't affect his vocals too much either. Hopefully he's a bit fitter now.

I didn't find a great description, but the "drones" still sound like sort of balloons with little propellers on the back. Hopefully not something that would do too much damage.

I had heard from someone else that Matt was running back and forth during the rehearsal a lot, and that there were multiple mics set up for him.

Definitely had me worried, too.

I didn't find a great description, but the "drones" still sound like sort of balloons with little propellers on the back. Hopefully not something that would do too much damage.

I had heard from someone else that Matt was running back and forth during the rehearsal a lot, and that there were multiple mics set up for him.

Definitely had me worried, too.

«Running back and forth», uh? Does he want to run out of breath before the end of a single gig?

Still, propellers alone can do some damage.

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk in the first place, let alone if I saw it fail quite a few times in rehearsal. It's just not worth it.

Still, propellers alone can do some damage.

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk in the first place, let alone if I saw it fail quite a few times in rehearsal. It's just not worth it.

True, but from the sounds of it, they weren't high speed, or anything. Would assume the helium in them would keep them from coming down too fast. I guess one could pop, I suppose.

Heheheh... :D

(Why the hell am I sneering when I know it could be a real problem?)

I'm still thinking Matt was doing this in Denver last tour. First time I'd seen him physically leaving the stage in between songs.