2016.01.13 - United Center, Chicago, IL, USA

forevermusic

oh re: the cold-queue-from-hell, Internet says it was in the high 20s F / -6s C in Detroit on March 2nd 2013. it will be colder tomorrow and there will be no wall or building behind you or a roof above you for the UC (again you probably already know this).

I hope you can too! you'll have a fabulous time and any suffering during the cold ass queue will be forgotten. I do hope the thing with your dad works out. there have been some prior UC queue experiences discussed elsewhere on the board. it might help your planning with pop. (although I might not realize you are already a queuing veteran for the UC from other gigs)

go back to class! you'll get your phone confiscated :p

I read the other post you made and damn was it cold. I'm scared for it haha and I've actually never had general admission tickets so don't know anything. Thanks for the tips! I know it will be a grand ol' freaking time. I wish I knew how to drive and could have a car there even though I do live 15 minutes away (driving) so I could put my stuff away instead of bothering my dad.

Cps sucks so my teachers don't care if I'm on my phone :D

might have seen this already, but just in case if you're looking for GA and queuing info from some very experienced goers, I recommend the thread below, has some really helpful info including what @fluorescentadolescent just mentioned about a chair and bringing things to keep yourself occupied

GA pit vs seated what to expect

Actually haven't seen it. Thanks a lot!:happy:

My friend and I are going and will be in the 300's. We're planning on getting there around an hour before doors open. Are the seats good enough to keep a coat on? I'd rather wear one layer under a heavy jacket than hope I don't sweat to death inside because of too many layers.

(really irritated at myself for not getting GA in time, oh well)

My friend and I are going and will be in the 300's. We're planning on getting there around an hour before doors open. Are the seats good enough to keep a coat on? I'd rather wear one layer under a heavy jacket than hope I don't sweat to death inside because of too many layers.

I had seats in the 300s last time and I was boiling! I say bring a light layer and a jacket especially if you don't have to wait in line as long!

it's been a while, but I would be in those seats for a couple of Blackhawks games so maybe this will help: I think it can be chilly for some people in the 300s. if you're normally someone who is cold all the time and always wants the thermostat turned up past 72 F, you might be ok with your coat on - unless you know you're going to be getting a lot of aerobic excercise from jumping around :LOL: and warm up that way. that's just been my experience, and I tend to prefer it at 67 or the most 68 F because I get warm too easily. I'll sweat sitting in a room that's upwards of 70-72. the ice is most likely under the flooring, during hockey it might have been chillier in the UC because the ice was uncovered

I had seats in the 300s last time and I was boiling! I say bring a light layer and a jacket especially if you don't have to wait in line as long!

hahah we had the opposite experience then! so maybe it was because the ice was uncovered :D

it's been a while, but I would be in those seats for a couple of Blackhawks games so maybe this will help: I think it can be chilly for some people in the 300s. if you're normally someone who is cold all the time and always wants the thermostat turned up past 72 F, you might be ok with your coat on - unless you know you're going to be getting a lot of aerobic excercise from jumping around :LOL: and warm up that way. that's just been my experience, and I tend to prefer it at 67 or the most 68 F because I get warm too easily. I'll sweat sitting in a room that's upwards of 70-72. the ice is most likely under the flooring, during hockey it might have been chillier in the UC because the ice was uncovered

Thanks guys! I work in 35F and under all day long so I'll probably be ok.Yes aerobic exercise is on the menu :p

Does anyone have any idea how early the merch table will be open?? I have reserved tix at will-call, and last I checked doors opened at six, but I'm coming down from Milwaukee so I'm not even sure when I should head down to begin with...esp. if there isn't anything to do in the area.

merch tables should be open as soon as patrons walk in/ doors open, during the entire gig, and after the encore before we're all kicked out by security (regular entry anyway, VIP is different)

not to raise any gig anxiety, just an FYI there are a few people queuing for UC. I would die in these conditions. I would need to hire an assistant to aid me if I had to queue today. they would run for warmers for me, hold my place in line for half the time, generally be my pseudo-slave :LOL:

Have fun! It would be great to see you at a Muse gig again, but Chicago in January is not my idea of fun. Plus it's pricey for flights, hotel, etc; and we are already going to Vegas, San Diego, and LA x 2! I'll spend the $ for a bit of sunshine!

You may like the warm ocean breeze but I'm all about that frigid lake breeze. I look forward to that moment when I'll get off the Green Line. The lingering smell of urine turns into the frigid breeze and a slight smell of what seems to be a hint of vinegar. I ease my worries at a local watering hole. I wake up the next morning forgetting I even saw Muse at the United Center.

Sincerely, the Chicago Experience.

not to raise any gig anxiety, just an FYI there are a few people queuing for UC. I would die in these conditions. I would need to hire an assistant to aid me if I had to queue today. they would run for warmers for me, hold my place in line for half the time, generally be my pseudo-slave :LOL:

Omg :$ I really don't want to go! I'm procrastinating until he last possible minute. About how many people were there?