2016.01.13 - United Center, Chicago, IL, USA

forevermusic

history says otherwise, but we shall see. I bet they're back in the fall for a few festivals and maybe a few other dates.

I was hoping for a Milwaukee date in the fall (Considering the last time they came to Milwaukee was in October), but figured it'd be better to just get Chicago tix as I'll actually be home (rather than 155 miles away at college) for winter break.

Milwaukee probably wasn't booked because the state gov't is looking to replace the Bradley Center (where they came last), so our crap basketball team (The Bucks) can stay in the state. Last I heard, they weren't sure whether they'd tear down the Bradley Center or just build the new stadium in the vacant lot adjacent to it, keeping the Bradley Center open for stuff, such as concerts. Last I checked, their calendar goes all the way until mid June 2016 with some Janet Jackson performance or something, and after checking again now, a Maroon 5 concert October 1st, 2016.

that was really rambly, hope it made sense

• 1 month later...

I'm coming down from Milwaukee since I didn't want to risk not buying tickets waiting for a Milwaukee show that I'm sure would never come... either way. My tickets are will call... I have never been to this arena. I'm GA, can anyone give me suggestions on a good time to get there so I am not in back of the line? I don't care if it's 7am ... hahaaa... but I don't want to get there super early then the people "in the know" start showing up at noon or something.

Honestly, it's not even worth it to be early because the VIPers are going in first anyways and take up most of the barricade. Plus, it's going to be freezing so I don't think people will be there that early. I'm showing up around 1 or 2pm. I also remember there not being that many people on the barricade until about 30 minutes before the show last time they came. Hope I have some insight!

omg I've developed a terrible cold, and this is my only gig this tour!! go away, go away.

is it wrong that at my age I still think days and days ahead of what to wear to the gig?

also, I thought I was going to decorate a shirt for this gig, but now I'm sick!

omg I've developed a terrible cold, and this is my only gig this tour!! go away, go away.

is it wrong that at my age I still think days and days ahead of what to wear to the gig?

At this point, I'm more concerned about how bundled up I should be. Brrrrrrr these sub-zero temperatures.:mad:

I might do it again this time, even though I won't be queuing as long; I brought a packable bag with me, one of those type that scrunch down into a pouch - in my case it was a backpack style. after getting inside, I stuffed a bunch of my extras in it, so it would be all in one bag. since I was lucky enough to get barrier, I either had it at my feet or asked security if I could temporarily leave it on the other side. either way, it worked a trick

to help stay warm, if you've got one, or can find one, an idea we picked up from 2013 Detroit queue, was to envelop oneself in a sleeping bag. zip it to the top and hide inside from the cold. if you've got a friend, bring one each and maybe make it a sleeping bag burrito, you'll keep each other warmer

I seriously don't want to hear of any of you getting frostbite or god forbid you lose a finger or toe. get multiples of those 8-hr warming packs in the sporting or camping goods at your preferred store

Ahhh I'm getting really sick too! And this in and out of warm heated places into the cold isn't helping! :( Doing everything I can to be in tip top shape. My mom yesterday said "try to get better or else you won't be able to scream Wednesday", she knows me too well.

I already have an outfit set but I'm just hoping I have enough layers. Wearing a long sleeve under a Muse shirt, then a pullover over that..knee high socks under leggings under jeans. A pair of thick socks and boots. Long coat, and the essential hat, gloves, scarf. So NOT looking forward to this haha

Is anyone with GA bringing lawn chairs or is everyone planning on standing? Also, I had a slight issue. I remember reading on the forum page for the last Chicago gig and people were mentioning the confusing time at which to be there to get tickets. Someone on there said 11 am, but I called Friday and they said the booth to pick up tickets is 90 minutes before the show, the hell? Can anyone help me with this? What time is everyone getting there?

ahhhh so many details..so excited though :p

Ahhh I'm getting really sick too! And this in and out of warm heated places into the cold isn't helping! :( Doing everything I can to be in tip top shape. My mom yesterday said "try to get better or else you won't be able to scream Wednesday", she knows me too well.

I already have an outfit set but I'm just hoping I have enough layers. Wearing a long sleeve under a Muse shirt, then a pullover over that..knee high socks under leggings under jeans. A pair of thick socks and boots. Long coat, and the essential hat, gloves, scarf. So NOT looking forward to this haha

Is anyone with GA bringing lawn chairs or is everyone planning on standing? Also, I had a slight issue. I remember reading on the forum page for the last Chicago gig and people were mentioning the confusing time at which to be there to get tickets [.....]

I think I might experiment with keeping a small piece of ginger in my cheek to prevent coughing Wednesday and I will definitely have to cover my mouth when outside, because I think the cold air will exacerbate any illness I have left over. Taking my vitamins too :D

sounds like you're wearing everything in your closet ;):LOL: it might be hard to squeeze them in/ out of your gear, but consider those disposable toe warmers. jumping jacks might be necessary!

I think some kind of chair or some kind of protection from the ground is needed if you're queuing a long time that day. if it's something like just a cushion, the cold will likely seep into the cushion, and then subsequently, you.

the high is supposed to be feel like only -12 F or something tomorrow! :eek: and they're predicting the same for Wednesday :erm:

I think I might experiment with keeping a small piece of ginger in my cheek to prevent coughing Wednesday and I will definitely have to cover my mouth when outside, because I think the cold air will exacerbate any illness I have left over. Taking my vitamins too :D

sounds like you're wearing everything in your closet ;):LOL: it might be hard to squeeze them in/ out of your gear, but consider those disposable toe warmers. jumping jacks might be necessary!

I think some kind of chair or some kind of protection from the ground is needed if you're queuing a long time that day. if it's something like just a cushion, the cold will likely seep into the cushion, and then subsequently, you.

the high is supposed to be feel like only -12 F or something tomorrow! :eek: and they're predicting the same for Wednesday :erm:

I've never heard about that ginger trick. May have to try it for myself. I mostly just have an annoying cough and the cold definitely makes it go crazy. A scarf is deifnietly a must.

I know! I feel like I'm going to be the next Michelin man :LOL: but it's all in the sake of keeping warm. Probably going to have my dad stop buy and pick up our stuff so we can go in without a problem!

I typically like the cold and I loved today's whether. The heat just isn't for me but I was really hoping it'd be warm (or Chicago warm, if you know what I mean haha) Wednesday but don't think it's going to get any better until after the concert. Plus this snow is really just ugh. Not happy about it.

What time are you planning on queuing?

I am hoping to visit the queue around 4-430 maybe? I have early entry, but walking around UC even when you're not waiting long and it's that cold outside, is going to be awful :twitchy:

Lucky! Don't have that amount of money to spend on VIP but good on ya! To be fair though, I've been in Chicago all my life so I'm used to it. The cold yesterday and today hasn't bothered me as much as you think it would. :p will probably be a different story though when I'm waiting in line almost all day.

Is anyone with GA bringing lawn chairs or is everyone planning on standing? Also, I had a slight issue. I remember reading on the forum page for the last Chicago gig and people were mentioning the confusing time at which to be there to get tickets. Someone on there said 11 am, but I called Friday and they said the booth to pick up tickets is 90 minutes before the show, the hell? Can anyone help me with this? What time is everyone getting there?

ahhhh so many details..so excited though :p

Definitely bring a chair, the ground will be too cold!

My friend called the box office and they told her we can pick up tickets 90 minutes before the show starts. I feel like last time they played at the UC, tickets were available earlier.

I plan on getting there around 10am. Yes, I am crazy.

Definitely bring a chair, the ground will be too cold!

My friend called the box office and they told her we can pick up tickets 90 minutes before the show starts. I feel like last time they played at the UC, tickets were available earlier.

I plan on getting there around 10am. Yes, I am crazy.

Okay, I didn't want to be a lame and bring a chair haha

That's what they told me but that's crazy if they think they're going to get through everyone like that. Like I said, on the last Chicago forum page someone said it was 90 minutes but then someone confirmed that it was at 11 am. I don't know personally because I had seats last time.

I'm planning on getting there around noon or 1. Depends how cold it is. Will you keep us updated if you do get there early? So I kind of get an idea ;) it's crazy but so well worth it. I feel like the crowd is going to be stupid slow haha

Okay, I didn't want to be a lame and bring a chair haha

That's what they told me but that's crazy if they think they're going to get through everyone like that. Like I said, on the last Chicago forum page someone said it was 90 minutes but then someone confirmed that it was at 11 am. I don't know personally because I had seats last time.

I'm planning on getting there around noon or 1. Depends how cold it is. Will you keep us updated if you do get there early? So I kind of get an idea ;) it's crazy but so well worth it. I feel like the crowd is going to be stupid slow haha

Lol, do whatever makes you comfortable. Last time people had chairs and blankets. I’m bringing snacks, games, chairs, blankets lol.

I will get there before you, so I will keep everyone updated. I think they said the same things last time, but ended up opening the box office earlier.

Yea I saw Muse at Lolla and then I saw them at the UC and the UC crowd was super weak unfortunately. So worth it to be near the front though.

Lol, do whatever makes you comfortable. Last time people had chairs and blankets. I’m bringing snacks, games, chairs, blankets lol.

I will get there before you, so I will keep everyone updated. I think they said the same things last time, but ended up opening the box office earlier.

Yea I saw Muse at Lolla and then I saw them at the UC and the UC crowd was super weak unfortunately. So worth it to be near the front though.

Well then haha I'm going to bring a blanket too. The only problem I have is that I need somewhere to put everything before I go in because my dad is adamant on going to pick everything up then coming later to pick us up again.

Thanks! I hope they do open s'alrite cause that'll be madness :D

And yeah I agree. I had seats in the 300s section and vowed to be on the floor next time so here I am haha

Lucky! Don't have that amount of money to spend on VIP but good on ya! To be fair though, I've been in Chicago all my life so I'm used to it. The cold yesterday and today hasn't bothered me as much as you think it would. :p will probably be a different story though when I'm waiting in line almost all day.

I've been living here all my life too and maybe (probably) I'm just turning into an old fart! I was fortunate enough to attend multiple gigs the last two tours, and even got my first CE at Wembley, but my personal situation has changed so I splurged on the one gig I knew I could get to. And frankly I'm not crazy about the album nor the continuation of the setlist situation.

But a really huge factor was the cold; last tour myself and some friends held queue for Detroit. HOLY SHT that was a cold, cold day. Chatted with one of these friends yesterday, and she also still remembers how brutal that was. a couple of us are talking about this 2013 freeze-ass-palooza in the Drones Detroit thread, but here's the gist of our experience: Detroit Drones Thread Post #24. brutal. made me realize I will not try ice fishing without a hut (:LOL: as if I would ever get to go)

but I am hoping to brave February and finally catch the Chinese New Year celebration in Chinatown

I've been living here all my life too and maybe (probably) I'm just turning into an old fart! I was fortunate enough to attend multiple gigs the last two tours, and even got my first CE at Wembley, but my personal situation has changed so I splurged on the one gig I knew I could get to. And frankly I'm not crazy about the album nor the continuation of the setlist situation.

But a really huge factor was the cold; last tour myself and some friends held queue for Detroit. HOLY SHT that was a cold, cold day. Chatted with one of these friends yesterday, and she also still remembers how brutal that was. a couple of us are talking about this 2013 freeze-ass-palooza in the Drones Detroit thread, but here's the gist of our experience: Detroit Drones Thread Post #24. brutal. made me realize I will not try ice fishing without a hut (:LOL: as if I would ever get to go)

but I am hoping to brave February and finally catch the Chinese New Year celebration in Chinatown

Hahaha maybe ;) wow, that's amazing. Hopefully I'm able to go to a few more gigs in the future. I'm just looking forward to having a great time with other musers, basking in their presence, and enjoying the show.

Omg that's crazy. I remember Chicago being moderately cold, nothing unusual for March. I'll read that later, currently sitting in class trying to go through the motions but my mind is already on tomorrow.

I've never been to the Chinatown celebration, always go to a Buddhist church near my house because I used to dance for the celebration when I was younger. Should be cool though!

I hope you can too! you'll have a fabulous time and any suffering during the cold ass queue will be forgotten. I do hope the thing with your dad works out. there have been some prior UC queue experiences discussed elsewhere on the board. it might help your planning with pop. (although I might not realize you are already a queuing veteran for the UC from other gigs)

go back to class! you'll get your phone confiscated :p