2016.01.13 - United Center, Chicago, IL, USA

forevermusic

So today they announce a Chicago date in January. This piecemeal tour announcement stuff has become totally tiresome. C'mon Muse, get your production company with the program and announce dates all at once so people can plan!

And with ticket prices significantly higher than on past tours, can we expect more than 16-18 songs? (And no, riffs and jams don't count) I won't hold my breath...

Rant over; resume business as usual.

I have to agree with you. The Bulls and Blackhawks schedules are well known as well as any other show committments. Just announce it all at once already. :rolleyes:

And i only saw the news because FB showed it as a sponsored post. But as usual, i'll be buying a ticket.

I have to agree with you. The Bulls and Blackhawks schedules are well known as well as any other show committments. Just announce it all at once already. :rolleyes:

And i only saw the news because FB showed it as a sponsored post. But as usual, i'll be buying a ticket.

Have fun! It would be great to see you at a Muse gig again, but Chicago in January is not my idea of fun. Plus it's pricey for flights, hotel, etc; and we are already going to Vegas, San Diego, and LA x 2! I'll spend the $ for a bit of sunshine!

Got my GA tickets! Anyone else camping out?

ME! I'll probably get there around noon or a bit after that. Not my ideal situation to be out in the cold for 5+ hours :p Plus, I think other people will be the same way so there may not be people lined up early who knows.

Have you gone GA before? Last time I went, I was in the nosebleed section because I waited until the last possible moment to buy tickets and I vowed that I would have a GA next time so here I am. Any advice on GA/will call specifically for the United Center?

Oh and lastly, I'm sorry, I'm all rambles, it's just pure excitement :LOL:

I think the Amtrak station is the closest one (225 S Canal St., Chicago, Illinois 60606). It is under an hour walk to get to United Center, which would be unpleasant in January, so you can just connect to one of the many local buses that depart from there to United Center. Should take about 20 minutes total. Just Google map from the address above to United Center and pick the public transportation option. That should tell you what you need to know.

I'll be taking a bus from Indiana. Can any locals tell me where the closest bus stop or train stop is to the arena? I checked with Greyhound and their closest stop seemed to be the Amtrak station. What's the best way to get to the arena?

You should walk three blocks north to Washington street (if you're on Adams and Canal, four blocks if you're on Jackson and canal) then get on the #20 bus. It's a twenty minute bus ride to the United Center!

I just needed to know if the concert is supposed to finish before 9, and if not what time is it estimated to finish? Thanks!

When I saw them (2013) it ended around 10 pm if I remember correctly! Opening set at 7ish for about half an hour. Then another twenty to thirty minutes to get the Muse set ready and Muse played for 1:30-2 hours. Hope this helps!

I think the Amtrak station is the closest one (225 S Canal St., Chicago, Illinois 60606). It is under an hour walk to get to United Center, which would be unpleasant in January, so you can just connect to one of the many local buses that depart from there to United Center. Should take about 20 minutes total. Just Google map from the address above to United Center and pick the public transportation option. That should tell you what you need to know.

You can also use the L if you're not up for waiting outside in the cold. Seeing that it's downtown Chicago, there are plenty of public transit options. ;)

ME! I'll probably get there around noon or a bit after that. Not my ideal situation to be out in the cold for 5+ hours :p Plus, I think other people will be the same way so there may not be people lined up early who knows.

Have you gone GA before? Last time I went, I was in the nosebleed section because I waited until the last possible moment to buy tickets and I vowed that I would have a GA next time so here I am. Any advice on GA/will call specifically for the United Center?

Oh and lastly, I'm sorry, I'm all rambles, it's just pure excitement :LOL:

I did GA at the United Center for Muse two years ago, and people (including me) lined up in the freezing cold. It was March and not January though, so I'm not looking forward to the cold either.

For GA/Will call, I believe tickets were available at the box office at a certain time. So people left the line to pick them up and then went back to stand in line. The people camping out are pretty hard core fans, so they were all friendly and respected people's places in line :D.

The cold is what ultimately led to me having to pass on this gig. :(

Too much potential of bad roads to drive 9 hours, and too cold to stay outside trying to get a good spot.

And while hopefully it was an outlier issue, my last Muse gig the venue had a hard time finding my Will Call tickets, which went on for hours, and when my bf left the line to come and try and help out, the people in line did NOT let us back.

It was pretty disappointing.

if anyone decides Chicago in January is too much of a hassle I need two tickets. Since apparently six hours away is the closest they are coming until fall at least. Obviously I can still buy them on ticketmaster, but all they are offering me right now is the very side of the stage and i'd like a full view, floor would be fine as well.

Should have bought those floor tix during the presale but figured they'd have more dates coming :(