yeah try trademarks advice about checking the port, if your using headphones through the port that the speakers were then its probably time for new speakers

^^ that just reminds me of The IT Crowd

"Hello IT, have you tried turning it off and on? Is it plugged in?"

ololol!

No, but seriously, do actually check that your speaker cables are plugged into the CORRECT port on your PC. I went through weeks trying to fix a server problem with a photocopier when i finally figured out that the network cable was plugged into something stupid like the VOIP line. Also, double check that they're not conflicting with somet else (it'll be in the driver part of Control Pannel > Sound > Details (or drivers or something like that)

Will try :)

Dear Kev,

Dunno why I haven't asked this before but why on earth does the Muse Board logo change to the last.fm one whenever I visit last.fm!? It must get confused

My twitter one does that if I go on the NME webiste :erm:

Dear Kev,

my mate made an account here last night, her username's "hannah :)"

anyhoo, it won't let her sign in.

Says either incorrect user/password, the usual.

But when she clicks the forgotten her password doodah, in the email, she doesnt get a password, she only gets her username.

:confused:

Help please?

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Kev,

Not sure if it's been asked before, but are older threads automatically deleted or something?.. was looking for a certain older thread from 2006 or so, and I noticed that all threads are from 2007 and later.

never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, etc,

james

x0x0xx0x00x0oxo0xo

doh i'll get on those smilies soon

Dear Kev,

Not sure if it's been asked before, but are older threads automatically deleted or something?.. was looking for a certain older thread from 2006 or so, and I noticed that all threads are from 2007 and later.

james

x0x0xx0x00x0oxo0xo

yeah in order to keep the server working well ive had to prune the older topics, basically threads that were last posted in before xmas 2006 will have had the chop. bit of a shame but have to prioritise performance

Dear Kev

I AM BORED...sat in stansted airport, come down to entertain me, yes i know your in Leeds but i'll still be here by the time you get down!

Kirst

i am on my way! i shall bring a plastic cricket set

My dear kevvy,

Dear Kev,

james

x0x0xx0x00x0oxo0xo

On a similar subject, do locked threads disappear earlier than that? I was looking for a particular post a few weeks ago that was from late last summer in a thread that had been locked, and wasn't able to find it. I ended up finding a link through google, but when I tried to go to it, the board said the thread didn't exist. I was able to find what I wanted from the google cache, but why wasn't the thread still here? :unsure:

teh dux :D

My dear kevvy,

On a similar subject, do locked threads disappear earlier than that? I was looking for a particular post a few weeks ago that was from late last summer in a thread that had been locked, and wasn't able to find it. I ended up finding a link through google, but when I tried to go to it, the board said the thread didn't exist. I was able to find what I wanted from the google cache, but why wasn't the thread still here? :unsure:

teh dux :D

yeah we normally remove them sooner, there's no real timescale for the removal, it's more if we need to remove things for performance increases it makes sense to remove the locked first especially the 10,000 posts threads as they're so big and unlikely to be much of an information resource as they're so big and conversational

nice chizz :D

Archived