Dear Kev,

could it be possibly to change my username. I think it's very fan boy- ish and as I was very young when I made it (around 12), and really want to change. I would create another account, but that's supposedly against the rules, and I also don't want to lose the fact I've been a registered member since 2005...

i just tried it out by copying you link location and it worked fine for me, did you have a space in there somewhere? thats what i think could have happened

No, I've tried the same too. It's happened on OS X using FF, and XP using IE6, so it isn't the browser.

Dear Kev,

could it be possibly to change my username. I think it's very fan boy- ish and as I was very young when I made it (around 12), and really want to change. I would create another account, but that's supposedly against the rules, and I also don't want to lose the fact I've been a registered member since 2005...

http://board.muse.mu/faq.php?faq=muse_board_faq#faq_namechanges

No, I've tried the same too. It's happened on OS X using FF, and XP using IE6, so it isn't the browser.

yeah wouldn't be browser because it's all done server side, i think i worked out what was up though. i expect you were getting an error because you hadn't answered the anti-spammer question that's annoyingly presented to users who didn't have to answer it on registration the first time they edit their profile since, although it should have been a clear error message that that is what the problem was so that theory doesn't make complete sense. anyway i set both of the fields manually and it all works you might want to try making an edit to just test them

yeah wouldn't be browser because it's all done server side, i think i worked out what was up though. i expect you were getting an error because you hadn't answered the anti-spammer question that's annoyingly presented to users who didn't have to answer it on registration the first time they edit their profile since, although it should have been a clear error message that that is what the problem was so that theory doesn't make complete sense. anyway i set both of the fields manually and it all works you might want to try making an edit to just test them

Thank you very much, I've tried the edit too, that's worked as well.

Dear Kev,

Why was my undertitle changed per request of another member?

The undertitle I was using was neither offensive nor did it have anything to do with the member as he had changed it from his original username.

as i understand you'd agreed with the user in question that you'd remove it start of april which you didn't, besides that its misleading to have a users old name as your undertitle.

Dear Kev,

Hi there :). When I post messages, why is it that sometimes it won't let me use the Additional Options of not having my signature posted but sometimes the options will come up? Is there a setting I can change that will allow me not to have to post the sig all the time? I don't want to constantly put my sig on every post if I don't have to. (Right now, it just shows Additional Options and a + sign in a box. Its happened before and then gone back to show the Options so I don't know if its because I've done something...)

(I am mostly always on the board using the net from my cell phone, if that matters at all...)

Sorry for this annoying post and the annoying sig in Off Topic :$.

as i understand you'd agreed with the user in question that you'd remove it start of april which you didn't, besides that its misleading to have a users old name as your undertitle.

I said I'd try and remove it April 1st. It didn't happen. Next time I'd prefer some sort of notification before the change is made as I have not broken any rules.

Thanks.

I said I'd try and remove it April 1st. It didn't happen. Next time I'd prefer some sort of notification before the change is made as I have not broken any rules.

Thanks.

Whaaaaaambulance. Srsly. It's an undertitle. :LOL: You should have made the effort to change it yourself if it were that important.

Kev, there is this weird kid Dugaldmuse on the board and he is really weird and creepy, can you talk to him or boot him.

Corrupt

You corrupt

And bring corruption to all that you touch

shame on you for thinking your an exception

Dear Kev,

The speakers on our computer don't turn on - meaning the light that goes on dosen't work and there's no sound - I've tried updating drivers, checking all loose connections and everything, what's your advice on that? I've been using headphones since.

^^ that just reminds me of The IT Crowd

"Hello IT, have you tried turning it off and on? Is it plugged in?"

ololol!

No, but seriously, do actually check that your speaker cables are plugged into the CORRECT port on your PC. I went through weeks trying to fix a server problem with a photocopier when i finally figured out that the network cable was plugged into something stupid like the VOIP line. Also, double check that they're not conflicting with somet else (it'll be in the driver part of Control Pannel > Sound > Details (or drivers or something like that)

doh didnt realise how behind i was here!

Dear Kev,

Hi there :). When I post messages, why is it that sometimes it won't let me use the Additional Options of not having my signature posted but sometimes the options will come up? Is there a setting I can change that will allow me not to have to post the sig all the time? I don't want to constantly put my sig on every post if I don't have to. (Right now, it just shows Additional Options and a + sign in a box. Its happened before and then gone back to show the Options so I don't know if its because I've done something...)

(I am mostly always on the board using the net from my cell phone, if that matters at all...)

Sorry for this annoying post and the annoying sig in Off Topic :$.

do you use the mobile skin on your cell phone? is it on that you dont have the option, as far as i'm aware you have the option to have the signature showing or not only if you currently have a signature and it will follow the last option you selected by default

dear kev,

i heard you got a fuzz factory recently. how's that going for you?

tm

it was fun for a day, i made lots of squeals, i'm bored now :(

Dear Kev,

Twilight, kill it?

Thank you:)

Donagh.

done!

Dear Kev,

The speakers on our computer don't turn on - meaning the light that goes on dosen't work and there's no sound - I've tried updating drivers, checking all loose connections and everything, what's your advice on that? I've been using headphones since.

yeah try trademarks advice about checking the port, if your using headphones through the port that the speakers were then its probably time for new speakers

it was fun for a day, i made lots of squeals, i'm bored now :(

yeah, i still want one though. I know it's the kind of thing that could lose it's appeal mega quick, but it's not like i'd use it for my main distortion. I'm thinking of getting a BMP for that? What do you use for your main distortion or could you reccommend something affordable AND awesome?

Archived