Beats1 interview :)

Claudia O

All we really got about the next album was "anything could happen", no?

Only listened to it once and that was on my phone so I might've heard him wrong but did he not say something like "for the next album, we're gonna go back to chopping shit up in pro tools (a la TR + T2L)"?

Only listened to it once and that was on my phone so I might've heard him wrong but did he not say something like "for the next album, we're gonna go back to chopping shit up in pro tools (a la TR + T2L)"?
Nah, more like "who knows, maybe we'll go back to doing it that way again next time"

That's what I was saying - I didn't see that as a nod to going to any specific genre, but more of Matt's frustration with how many takes they had to do for Drones, because of the way they recorded it.

And possibly a joke about being lazy.

Matt's clearly comfortable with Zane, and some of the answers came off more casual or joking, imo, like talking about firing some guy over the curtain failure. Hopefully jokey.

Matt's clearly comfortable with Zane, and some of the answers came off more casual or joking, imo, like talking about firing some guy over the curtain failure. Hopefully jokey.

Well, let's not forget his guitars were literally pulled down the tower by the staff member who was trying to remove the giant curtain.

I really don't want to chastise him, but I think he made a very stupid move there: he could "sense" the curtain was somehow stuck in the guitar rack and he kept on pulling nonetheless.

The interview was dealing with the time Chris' curtain got stuck, which was far less traumatic.

Some poor schmuck was just doing his job, anyways. For all we know, they were scared having a stuck curtain would jam up the entire pillar, and someone would have had to have gotten Matt down with a ladder after a really boring gig. :chuckle:

A very good reason to not have quadcopters at the gigs, still. I will admit to eyerolling upon hearing about the inflatables, though. :LOL:

Matt didn't really say anything of what the next album would be like. I thought he was just explaining how after going in one direction, they often feel like going in the opposite direction for the next album.

After all these years and the experiences Muse have gone through, it's so nice how they still seem like their same old dorky selves in interviews. :happy: